• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | March 2015

Shun

Am I just being paranoid or is it normal for the Vita's analog sticks to have a slight wobble to them, more so than ones from a Nintendo/Dualshock controller?

Slight touch and it wobbles a bit, but it doesn't affect the actual usage. It bothers me cause it feels like my sticks have been worn out but they aren't. It's more noticeable due to the Vita sticks smaller range of motion.

Also for those who are interested in homebrew and are still on 3.00-3.20, TN-X is out and it allows you to play PS1 games flawlessly with sound. Perfect for those classics that aren't available in your region's SEN store.

Hopefully that expands onto the newer firmware, I'd love to have DQVII, Rockman Dash/2/Tron Bonne on the go.

RK128

Am I just being paranoid or is it normal for the Vita's analog sticks to have a slight wobble to them, more so than ones from a Nintendo/Dualshock controller?

Slight touch and it wobbles a bit, but it doesn't affect the actual usage. It bothers me cause it feels like my sticks have been worn out but they aren't. It's more noticeable due to the Vita sticks smaller range of motion.

Also for those who are interested in homebrew and are still on 3.00-3.20, TN-X is out and it allows you to play PS1 games flawlessly with sound. Perfect for those classics that aren't available in your region's SEN store.

Hopefully that expands onto the newer firmware, I'd love to have DQVII, Rockman Dash/2/Tron Bonne on the go.

My Vita sticks are like that too; they wobble to them with slight touch (though like you stated, it doesn't effect any games control or anything). If you are really worried, you could tighten your Vita's screws; that might help make them more stable I think :).

Never tried homebrew on Vita (mainly due to a fear of breaking it or losing access to PSN) but I would be cool to mess around with one day :D. Would love to have Sonic 3&K playable on my Vita or play KH:Birth By Sleep on the Vita (though I finally have the 2.5HD version of that, so I'm good either way regarding that).

Considering how fast the hacking and homebrew scene is, I wouldn't be surprised if they release a version for 3.36 (the most current one) in the future :D.

If I am understanding the question, the problem is that Bloodborne is not downloading, right? The thing with Ps4 is that pre-load is only available the Sunday before it releases. Also, for my pre-loads I did not do anything, and they downloaded just fine when needed.

It's mainly that the game file for BloodBorne wasn't ticked for auto-download, which is odd since its the most important one! The game isn't preloading yet so it's hard to know if it's going to work anyway and perhaps tick itself once the file is available.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Hyperdimension Neptunia vs Sega hard girls(lol) announced for vita at the Dangeki bunko thing, no details though, but i bet it's a senran kagura/Neptunia u clone or a sort of fighting game.

Hyperdimension Neptunia vs Sega hard girls(lol) announced for vita at the Dangeki bunko thing, no details though, but i bet it's a senran kagura/Neptunia u clone or a sort of fighting game.

Now I can do my childhood dream of Dreamcast-chan vs Playstation (Noire)? And Dreamcast wins? Hell Yeah!
``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Is the Zen Pinball for vita good? Really have fun playing it on mobiles but wondered how it plays on the Vita.

incpdo

Now I can do my childhood dream of Dreamcast-chan vs Playstation (Noire)? And Dreamcast wins? Hell Yeah!
``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Is the Zen Pinball for vita good? Really have fun playing it on mobiles but wondered how it plays on the Vita.
Plays perfectly well if you are willing to pay the price. You can actually download the game and play it " for free" before it locks the score and send you to buy the tables.

deadfolk

I hope you guys are right about emulation coming to PS4, I really do.

But I always got the impression that the whole point of PS Now was so that they avoid having to do emulation and charge an arm and a leg for rentals/subs instead of one-off payments.

Zen Pinball on Vita is great. I would get into Zen over Pinball Arcade because Pinball Arcade is not cross buy on PS4. The later Zen tables are generally the better ones. I really like the Star Wars ones.

Massa

But I always got the impression that the whole point of PS Now was so that they avoid having to do emulation and charge an arm and a leg for rentals/subs instead of one-off payments.

The point of PS Now is to expand their audience to people who don't own Playstation devices. It doesn't reach over 50 countries SCE operates in, it's not a viable replacement for anything because of that.

deadfolk

The point of PS Now is to expand their audience to people who don't own Playstation devices. It doesn't reach over 50 countries SCE operates in, it's not a viable replacement for anything because of that.

But they have never even mentioned the possibility of emulation on PS4 that I am aware of (happy to be corrected here). I agree that PS Now isn't a viable replacement, but I'm not sure Sony see it that way. It's not available where I am, and likely will never be. Even if it is, it will never work on my 20th century ADSL connection. The thing is I'm not sure they care. As long as they have the big markets covered, they're probably happy.

Let's not forget that they actively removed PS2 compatibility from the PS3.

So guys, as you may remember Vita Means, the podcast, didn't work. I had a ton of fun with it though,so I decided to go back to the drawing table with the idea.

You see, I like to talk. Talk about things that interest me, give my own opinions out and hear everyone else's thoughts on things. As such, I want to carry on the Vita Means torch, and do so through YouTube rather than a podcast. Now I don't plan on making this a big thing or anything, so I'd like to focus on the more niche side of gaming, much like Vita Means.

Instead of making it a long thing, I would be making small videos a minute, 2, 3 long. The name of the show would be "Opinions with names", and it would basically be me talking to the camera about a particular relevant topic going on in the niche scene, or an opinion on a videogame that I am playing at the moment. There would be no set schedule, but these would be frequent short videos that would go up every so often.

What do you guys think of the idea? Youtube has been done to death, yes, but I don't see a great deal of people focusing on our lovely niche community.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Just beat Counterspy. Well that was underwhelming. Beat it in a couple hours and the game just felt really simple and samey throughout. And the game finished before I even unlocked much of anything really. The game didn't feel bad. It was just...meh.

It's mainly that the game file for BloodBorne wasn't ticked for auto-download, which is odd since its the most important one! The game isn't preloading yet so it's hard to know if it's going to work anyway and perhaps tick itself once the file is available.

Ah well in that case it will have to be a wait and see thing, But that is weird, best of luck.

RK128

So guys, as you may remember Vita Means, the podcast, didn't work. I had a ton of fun with it though,so I decided to go back to the drawing table with the idea.

You see, I like to talk. Talk about things that interest me, give my own opinions out and hear everyone else's thoughts on things. As such, I want to carry on the Vita Means torch, and do so through YouTube rather than a podcast. Now I don't plan on making this a big thing or anything, so I'd like to focus on the more niche side of gaming, much like Vita Means.

Instead of making it a long thing, I would be making small videos a minute, 2, 3 long. The name of the show would be "Opinions with names", and it would basically be me talking to the camera about a particular relevant topic going on in the niche scene, or an opinion on a videogame that I am playing at the moment. There would be no set schedule, but these would be frequent short videos that would go up every so often.

What do you guys think of the idea? Youtube has been done to death, yes, but I don't see a great deal of people focusing on our lovely niche community.

That sounds like a good idea :); a nice way to go with your original ideas for Vita Means but in a way that isn't either to time consuming or issue pone (people leaving, recording problems, ect). Like I said regarding Vita Means a while back, if you need any help with this, feel free to PM me about this. I have a YouTube Channel of my own that I never use, you can use that if you need to.

What ever you do plan on doing, good luck with it names2hard4you :D.

That sounds like a good idea :); a nice way to go with your original ideas for Vita Means but in a way that isn't either to time consuming or issue pone (people leaving, recording problems, ect). Like I said regarding Vita Means a while back, if you need any help with this, feel free to PM me about this. I have a YouTube Channel of my own that I never use, you can use that if you need to.

What ever you do plan on doing, good luck with it names2hard4you :D.

Yeah thanks RK! If anything I'll post about it on Twitter, since I don't want this thread to be full of shameless plugs.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Wow another Neptunia title was announced for Vita today, Extreme Dimension Tag Blanc + Neptune VS Zombie Army(lol) you can see some gameplay here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bkn-utKR4Zs

It's probably a hunting game.

Also a new character for Tokyo Xanadu, Sora
Tokyo-Xanadu-New-Chara_03-15-15_001.jpg

Tokyo-Xanadu-New-Chara_03-15-15_002.jpg

Tokyo-Xanadu-New-Chara_03-15-15_003.jpg

Tokyo-Xanadu-New-Chara_03-15-15_004.jpg

SerTapTap

Just beat Counterspy. Well that was underwhelming. Beat it in a couple hours and the game just felt really simple and samey throughout. And the game finished before I even unlocked much of anything really. The game didn't feel bad. It was just...meh.

It's intended that you'll do multiple, harder playthroughs to get all the unlocks. I didn't bother getting too far through hard mode. Some of the weapons are interesting though like the tranq or whatever gun

As much as I loved Tales from the Borderlands, I gotta admit their handling of that series just sucks. 4 months between episode 1 and 2... Jesus. I'm glad that it's coming next week, but how long is it gonna be until episode 3 now?? Even though I got the season pass I may not even play the episode until they give me a release window for the 3rd episode this time around.

Heard great things, love Borderlands, but there's zero chance I'm buying that thing before it's done. I'm not patient enough for their alleged release schedule and they're never on time anyway.

Great to see more PS2 classics like...Cars...? I'm surprised Disney even bothered with that

I wouldn't mind the odd shamelus plug, since I don't use Twitter and look forward to seeing your YT-vids.
Aha thank you but I am not so sure how everyone else would feel about it on here.

For my first "Opinions with names", I was thinking of doing one for the Final Fantasy XV demo, since not a lot of people on here are thinking of buying the game, or they simply don't own the system. These next few weeks would be a great opportunity for me to tackle the releases that I am getting every week up to April. Maybe those can also get other folks interested in the game.

For the opinions part, I was thinking of recording myself talking to the camera, with maybe some bits of gameplay (no spoilers) here and there. Would that format work for those that are interested?

Heard great things, love Borderlands, but there's zero chance I'm buying that thing before it's done. I'm not patient enough for their alleged release schedule and they're never on time anyway.
I'm thinking of just letting the rest of the episodes pile up, and play them all once it's all said and done. It'll probably be a while lol.

First slow week for the Vita in weeks.
But! But Type---- Never mind.
Fuckin SE.

SerTapTap

IF you have any questions about Youtube feel free to ask. I've got >900 videos (though I still fuck up recordings on occasion)

RK128

Aha thank you but I am not so sure how everyone else would feel about it on here.

For my first "Opinions with names", I was thinking of doing one for the Final Fantasy XV demo, since not a lot of people on here are thinking of buying the game, or they simply don't own the system. These next few weeks would be a great opportunity for me to tackle the releases that I am getting every week up to April. Maybe those can also get other folks interested in the game.

For the opinions part, I was thinking of recording myself talking to the camera, with maybe some bits of gameplay (no spoilers) here and there. Would that format work for those that are interested?

I'm thinking of just letting the rest of the episodes pile up, and play them all once it's all said and done. It'll probably be a while lol.

But! But Type---- Never mind.
Fuckin SE.

The format you picked sounds good; nice mix between telling people your opinions while also having gameplay so people can fully understand what you are talking about/referring too.

Like I said before, good luck with this and its great to see that your idea is coming back :).

Regarding Typo-0, I would have checked it out on my Vita.....but you know, Square is full of brain surgeons after all XD!
That E3 moment still hurts and the Gaf thread about was just crazy X(

SerTapTap

Wow another Neptunia title was announced for Vita today, Extreme Dimension Tag Blanc + Neptune VS Zombie Army(lol) you can see some gameplay here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bkn-utKR4Zs

That's looking waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than I expected from "zombies", but I guess I shouldn't have expected Compile Heart to do the boring as shit western zombie route. They still need to take Zombie out of the title. As does EVERYONE EVER

autoduelist

Finally plat'd Conception 2. Dang that was a grind. Wish i learned you can completely skip (using start) all events and still get credit for viewing them (i thought you had to click through them till i tested late in the game). same review i gave before -- lots and lots of good ideas lost to other bad design decisions (most of the cool systems in combat end up being meaningless in practice) and wayyyy too many events. but i think if someone wanted a casual rpg - level up your kids, make better ones with better classes, level them up) and liked vns... it would be a good cheap buy.

Plays great. I greatly prefer Pinball Arcade (actual table sims of the best of the best tables of all time - ones that stood the test of time) versus the far more 'arcadey' pinball of Zen (imaginary tables that usually would never work in 'real life' but are still cool), but Zen is still really fun. Both are great on Vita in my opinion, and I believe the base game of both comes with free tables iirc -- if you're a long time subscriber to ps+ you may have gotten some free tables as well (some of the marvel and star wars ones, iirc).

Zen Pinball on Vita is great. I would get into Zen over Pinball Arcade because Pinball Arcade is not cross buy on PS4. The later Zen tables are generally the better ones. I really like the Star Wars ones.

Crossbuy is definitely an issue, and it bothers me sometimes, but the pleasure of playing some of my favorite tables of all time (and learning ones I never had the chance to play) outweighs it. I agree some of the Star Wars tables are really fun though.

Way different markets. They want psnow on tablets, pcs, smart tvs, and in hotels. People that are already vested in the ecosystem will generally go with straight buying.

this.

But they have never even mentioned the possibility of emulation on PS4 that I am aware of (happy to be corrected here).

There's no reason to mention it. In fact, it would be a bad idea... then you'd just have people complaining every week/month 'where is it?!'. It's far better to keep a lid on it, then announce it at a time that makes sense (ie, E3) to grand applause. Sony certainly knows the risks of announcing things too early and paying the price for it.

The reason I'm so sure Classics will come to ps4 (relatively soon) is because it's a huge market. They already have a lot of the infrastructure in place, so it's just a matter of timing. PS1 as well. PS3 is off the table for architecture reasons.

But they have never even mentioned the possibility of emulation on PS4 that I am aware of (happy to be corrected here).
Let's not forget that they actively removed PS2 compatibility from the PS3.

In their defense, that was a major cost saving initiative that helped them lower the price of the ps3 in the market and ultimately helped them reclaim a lot of ground lost to xbox last gen.

As an owner of a ps3 that played ps2 games, i can say i... used it for that purpose once. Then I just bought a ps2 on ebay so i wouldn't have to switch out whatever ps3 game I was playing.

ascii42

One thing I liked about the PS3 was it made downloading updated rosters for ESPN NFL 2k5 really easy. Need an Action Replay or something to get them on the PS2.

Great to see more PS2 classics like...Cars...? I'm surprised Disney even bothered with that

That was a Rainbow Studios game (ATV Offroad Fury, MX vs ATV, Splashdown) and was pretty fun, as I recall.

SerTapTap

Are they in double digits including spinoffs of Nep games yet? It's ridiculous!

PP, Neptunia U, Noire, Blanc. Pretty sure that's it unless you count that silly iOS app that's definitely not a game. I think the Rebirth remakes all in one year have made people drastically overestimate how many of these there are.

v1perz53

Bahaha I actually own this game on PS2. Got it for my 10 year old sister at the time to play on the PS2 so she wouldn't touch my 360. It held her attention for like 5 minutes total then she never touched it again. Tried to sell it numerous times since but even back then, stores simply wouldn't take it, so it forever haunts my rack of "random shitty games I could never sell" at my parents house. Some classic that is.

Garraboa

A From Software game is releasing on Vita soon and no one's talking about?

It's going to be the high point of my friend's Vita year for sure. He's been wanting Echo Night since three years ago, when I whined to him about SCEA doing diddly.dick in bringing Crash and Spyro on Vita :V

Kinjo

Neo Member
Wow another Neptunia title was announced for Vita today

ffs aren't there enough already

Bahaha I actually own this game on PS2. Got it for my 10 year old sister at the time to play on the PS2 so she wouldn't touch my 360. It held her attention for like 5 minutes total then she never touched it again. Tried to sell it numerous times since but even back then, stores simply wouldn't take it, so it forever haunts my rack of "random shitty games I could never sell" at my parents house. Some classic that is.

hey I have that on Gamecube and I liked it as a 10 year old it was pretty fun

SerTapTap

One day I'll have the platinum trophy for all Neptunia Vita games.

I just need to finish PP and Noire and I'm up to date. Since I'm a sucker I'll eventually buy and play Neptunia 1 PS3 because it will forever be the one I don't have a platinum in otherwise...

Even though I am playing on Easy, Noire is a ton of fun and it makes me want to go back to the Rebirth games for more. Although I know I am gonna hit that same wall that I did before and give up again /: does Rebirth 2 or 3 have the same difficulty hiccups that 1 does? I know you guys said on the PS3 it was worse, but even on the Vita, Rebirth 1 was pretty bad, at least at the start...

SerTapTap

Even though I am playing on Easy, Noire is a ton of fun and it makes me want to go back to the Rebirth games for more. Although I know I am gonna hit that same wall that I did before and give up again /: does Rebirth 2 or 3 have the same difficulty hiccups that 1 does? I know you guys said on the PS3 it was worse, but even on the Vita, Rebirth 1 was pretty bad, at least at the start...

It's really only rebirth 1 that has a huge difficulty spike IMO (I haven't played reb 3 but Victory didn't have one). Difficulty irons out in reb 1 also, if you don't mind a bit of grind I would just try and power through it. IIRC there's like 2 or 3 bossfights that suck and by chapter 4 or so you never have that issue again. But then again I'm pretty used to the drill.

Spamming Rush attacks to build and spam EXE attacks is a pretty simple way to go about many fights as well, if you have that all unlocked. I put all my Combo points into Rush and Power skills. Plutia also helps, as she's basically Compa except actually useful in battle instead of a useless healing station. Her skills, EXE and Rush are all pretty OP too

Vylash

It's really only rebirth 1 that has a huge difficulty spike IMO (I haven't played reb 3 but Victory didn't have one). Difficulty irons out in reb 1 also, if you don't mind a bit of grind I would just try and power through it. IIRC there's like 2 or 3 bossfights that suck and by chapter 4 or so you never have that issue again. But then again I'm pretty used to the drill.

Spamming Rush attacks to build and spam EXE attacks is a pretty simple way to go about many fights as well, if you have that all unlocked. I put all my Combo points into Rush and Power skills. Plutia also helps, as she's basically Compa except actually useful in battle instead of a useless healing station. Her skills, EXE and Rush are all pretty OP too

that's how you should play the entire game honestly, don't bother with power moves and just focus on rush and break, i really do think the difficulty spikes are extremely overexaggerated, the only really broken fight is the final boss imo and viral enemies (which are thankfully fixed in Re;Birth 2)

also yeah Plutia helps a lot, not to mention Histy is super broken

I see, my catalogue is gonna be a bit busy for the next few weeks as you know, but it is conforting to know that Victory didn't have any difficulty issues. Since that comes later on I am gonna order Rebirth 3 and play that. 2 seems to take away the CPUs and use their sisters instead as MCs, and after watching a bit of footage on youtube, to be honest, I am not as much of a fan of them as I am of the main cast. So Rebirth 3 and U, are gonna be preordered and played accordingly :p

Top Bottom