• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | March 2015

wilflare

With the 10% off code this weekend, thinking of getting one of the following:

Soldner X-2
Damascus Gear
Wipeout 2048 DLC
Wild Arms XF

Basically Damascus Gear is the unknown quantity here, but also the one that appeals to me the most conceptually. I've heard complaints, but as long as it's not so broken that you can't S-rank missions, I think I'm up for it.

definite YES to Soldner X-2

Shizuka

Soldner X-2
Damascus Gear
Wipeout 2048 DLC
Wild Arms XF

Basically Damascus Gear is the unknown quantity here, but also the one that appeals to me the most conceptually. I've heard complaints, but as long as it's not so broken that you can't S-rank missions, I think I'm up for it.

I'll probably be the only one to suggest it, but I'd get Wipeout 2048 DLC. Chances are the price will never go down, 10% off code is a very good way to get it cheaper than it usually is.

Hikami

Oh right forgot about that 10% off code.. hm. Don't think I'll be getting anything this time. Have yet to finish the last game I bought with the previous 10% off lol. (Ayesha+)

Soldner X-2
Damascus Gear
Wipeout 2048 DLC
Wild Arms XF

I thought Damascus Gear was terrible. Here I am playing it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY0aEKIH118

Monster Hunter doesn't really have a story worth paying attention to, especially not before 4. The game however gets stronger and stronger as it goes along. Better rewards, tougher fights. The way they power up monsters in high and G rank especially is genius. Not just more HP and more damage out but faster, smarter, less predictable, multiple extra attacks.

As I see it a lot of people that play games seems to constantly look for "the holy grale" (that one game that they can play forever), I am not one of those people and that is ok.

I have enjoyed batman on the vita and I found both freedom wars and soul sacrifice to be a really good first try at something new for the hunting genre. I also bought the order 1886 bundle and liked the game. right now I am having a lot of fun with Knack through remote play.

Are these the best games I have ever played, of course not but as with movies I sometimes like to watch drama and other times I'd like to sit down and watch an action movie or a really stupid comedy.

I enjoy most games, this is because I know that I won't be playing my last game for a long time and the best games are the ones that I haven't played yet :)

autoduelist

Sorry to hear that, I hope everything goes back to normal soon, at least until Operation Abyss is out.

Operation Abyss is pre-paid with Amazon credit alongside Uncharted 4. So I'm good for those two come hell or high water.

La-Mulana is in cart - what else should I get to fully use the 10% off? :/

Oreshika.
Gladiator Begins.
Frozen Synapse.
TxK.

I thought Damascus Gear was terrible. Here I am playing it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY0aEKIH118

I read your words, then I watch you in a mech destroying other mechs and all I can think is 'must. have. this.'.

Soldner X-2
Damascus Gear
Wipeout 2048 DLC
Wild Arms XF

Soldner X-2 is excellent.
Wipeout 2048 dlc is a great idea, assuming you like Wipeout.
I have yet to play WAXF -- it's in my backlog though, and i've heard really god things about it.

-------------

In other news, Bloodborne is mine. Continuing my week of unintended expenses, I couldn't find my giftcard that should have covered it, so ended up spending $60 I shouldn't have. But whatever. it's mf'ing Bloodborne, and I'm a Souls fanatic.... I should already have owned it.

Add me to the March NPD because I just bought a PS4 ^__^ Got Type-0 and DA:Inquisition ready to go. Still waiting on Bloodborne in the mail >__>

Remote play here I come~~~

Shizuka

Add me to the March NPD because I just bought a PS4 ^__^ Got Type-0 and DA:Inquisition ready to go. Still waiting on Bloodborne in the mail >__>

Remote play here I come~~~

image.php

incpdo

Wipeout 2048 will forever be my favorite racing game on the Vita, by far.
Mine toó but the dlc make it the best Wipeout ever.
Damascus gear is by far much better than i expected. There is some exaggerated bad reviews about the game . But its actually a very good mecha hack and slash. More important than that is that is a fun game.

Wipeout 2048 dlc is a great idea, assuming you like Wipeout.

The one thing that makes me hesitate here is that Wipeout 2048 is stressful to play for me, and I'm terrible at it. I don't think anyone should be playing this badly at this point - I have 921 laps logged, with 0% perfect laps (I know for a fact that there was only one perfect, ever).

I have heard that the Wipeout HD DLC is much easier, which would be a very good reason to get it and play that instead.

incpdo

The one thing that makes me hesitate here is that Wipeout 2048 is stressful to play for me, and I'm terrible at it. I don't think anyone should be playing this badly at this point - I have 921 laps logged, with 0% perfect laps (I know for a fact that there was only one perfect, ever).

I have heard that the Wipeout HD DLC is much easier, which would be a very good reason to get it and play that instead.
HD and fury are easier for sure and looks great on the vita screen also the campaigns are full with different zone tipes and everything. Fury is more of a battle oriented campaign. HD is more like the pure and pulse games. So the variety is great. I highly recommend getting the dlc, is like getting 2 new wipeouts and add them to the 2048 campaign. You will enjoy very much HD the only detail I don't like is having the same music for all 3 games but wipeout 2048 has a very good ost anyway.

Axiom Verge really got me. Too bad I don't own a PS4 right now.
```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
I like to see an Easter sale with BoI rebirth included. Just for the extreme LOLs.

HD and fury are easier for sure and looks great on the vita screen also the campaigns are full with different zone tipes and everything. Fury is more of a battle oriented campaign. HD is more like the pure and pulse games. So the variety is great. I highly recommend getting the dlc, is like getting 2 new wipeouts and add them to the 2048 campaign. You will enjoy very much HD the only detail I don't like is having the same music for all 3 games but wipeout 2048 has a very good ost anyway.

Good to know, thanks. Plus I just realized that I'm completely bogged down with ship unlocks since single-player doesn't give enough XP to unlock everything. It will be good to not have to worry about that.

I'm actually planning to get the physical game to replace my PS+ copy. Has anyone ever tried manually copying a game save from a backup of a digital game to a backup of a physical copy of the same game?

Are you streaming something at the same time? Like netflix? I have never waited that long for a download.
No, I did not do any streaming and had no downloads going on.

The issue is that they cap downloads at 4MB/s and their servers are only good for that speed; they need to upgrade their service to a few times its current capacity if they want to cap it at 4 as you have to adjust for high traffic.

Even if you maxed out the PSN's downspeed (~4096KB/s), you're still going to have to wait around 2h and 10 minutes, so 20 hours isn't a far stretch as it means you're downloading at 400KB/s or so.
400kb/s is very dissapointing on a PS4 connected with ethernet to a 100mb/s internet connection. I did test my download speed and found no problems there. So the problem lies with Sonys shitty servers.

Axiom Verge really got me. Too bad I don't own a PS4 right now.
```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
I like to see an Easter sale with BoI rebirth included. Just for the extreme LOLs.
I won't be waiting for the Vita version. I'm just so excited for that game that I will be playing it through remote play, as if it was on the Vita already. Tuesday couldn't come any sooner...

Li Kao

Hmm, the releases of Bloodborne and Type-0 are really making me giddy to buy a PS4... then I remember due to some serious money issues I had to sell my PS3 and that because of the shit ton of JRPG released on it and MGS4 I must also buy a PS3.
I think I will faint.

Takao

Banned
PlayStation Store Sneak Peek: March 31st 2015

Demos
Oreshika Tainted Bloodlines

PSOne Classic
Shadow Tower

PS2 Classic
MX vs ATV Untamed

PS4 Games
Axiom Verge
MLB 15 The Show
Paperbound
Rack N Ruin
Toukiden Kiwami
Woah Dave

PS3 Games
Anna Extended Edition
MLB 15 The Show
Tabletop Cricket

Vita Games
Doodle Kingdom
MLB 15 The Show
Run Sackboy! Run!
Toukiden Kiwami

SerTapTap

WipeOut makes me rage while playing it. It is a pretty nice game but hard.

I just can't do the top speed class, I'm usually fine in everything else. Nothing beats the sound of "Contender eliminated." Ugh Sony have to find a way to make Wipeout PS4 happen. Even just a Wipeout HD/2048 port

Li Kao

Hmm, is there a good Dynasty / Samurai / Whatever Warriors game on Vita ? Or should I really wait for a PS3 or PS4 to discover the genre ?

I won't be waiting for the Vita version. I'm just so excited for that game that I will be playing it through remote play, as if it was on the Vita already. Tuesday couldn't come any sooner...
I have no choice, I only have a Vita right now...
I just can't do the top speed class, I'm usually fine in everything else. Nothing beats the sound of "Contender eliminated." Ugh Sony have to find a way to make Wipeout PS4 happen. Even just a Wipeout HD/2048 port
What's sad is I'm the one who always get shafted hahaha... Its a stressful but satisfying game to play. RIP Studio Liverpool T_T
Hmm, is there a good Dynasty / Samurai / Whatever Warriors game on Vita ? Or should I really wait for a PS3 or PS4 to discover the genre ?
I've only played DW8XL and SW4 but all I can say is avoid DW8XL for the Vita. It is the worst performing portable dynasty title.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Damn all this talk about Bloodborne is making me want to play it, apparently if there's something that can sell me on a game is a threads about custom characters lol.

I have no PS4 and i don't have the intention to buy one, at least for now, but i still want to scratch that From itch, so i was thinking of dusting off the PS3 and buying Dark Souls...
Is there any chance for DS to be part of April's PS+?

Damn playing on home console pisses me SO much, why there's nothing similar on Vita? :\

autoduelist

400kb/s is very dissapointing on a PS4 connected with ethernet to a 100mb/s internet connection. I did test my download speed and found no problems there. So the problem lies with Sonys shitty servers.

I'll try to test it later but I'm fairly sure I get far better speeds on a much worse internet connection. I suppose it could be a regional issue, but couldn't something else be at fault? I'm not an expert on networks, but something just seems off there.

I played the living daylights out of Dynasty Warriors Next and loved it. There's some unnecessary touch minigames, but they didn't get in the way too much. It wasn't as well received (in part due to touch battles), but that didn't stop me from having a blast.

I'm currently playing Warriors Orichi 3 (alongside Oreshika and Bloodborne). It's also really good. A bit less tactical (you insta-switch with other captains, but aren't sending them out to take bases independently). i'm not as obsessed as i was with DWN, though. maybe that'll come with time. i do like the overall conceit of the game, though (changing history and rescuing teammates from dead timelimes).

SerTapTap

Are OTs release date or day before now? I'm doing the Axiom Verge one, it'd be kind of nice to not worry about it until monday night.

I was just going to buy bloodborne (EU) in the PS4 store and it gives an error saying that the content can not be selected at this time. :(

Yep you're not alone. Looks like something's gone wrong as Sony are tweeting everything is up and running but Twitter is full of people unable to access content in the store

Takao

Banned
Damn playing on home console pisses me SO much, why there's nothing similar on Vita? :\

From Software believes Vita would be a poor choice for a Souls game because it's not a networked device. Yeah. Almost as bad as citing poor eyesight and resolution differences.

Benedict

Haven't played a Baseball game in ages.
Been curious about MLB but will never dare to buy it in fear of Sony pulling the online down.

SerTapTap

Haven't played a Baseball game in ages.
Been curious about MLB but will never dare to buy it in fear of Sony pulling the online down.
The PS4 ones should be pretty safe, but yeah that Vita shutdown =/. I wish they'd at least have P2P fallbacks for that kind of situation. You can still play Unreal Tournament to this day. Dedicated servers ain't all sunshine and flowers.

Shizuka

New PlayStation Games This Week

Anna — Extended Edition
PS3 — Digital
Set in an abandoned sawmill nestled high in the Italian mountains, Anna challenges the player to uncover horrific clues and use them to solve puzzles related to your character’s dark past. The player’s behavior does not only determine the mental health of the main character but can also change locations and unveil new secrets.

Axiom Verge
PS4 — Digital
This is the action-adventure you’ve been waiting decades for. After a lab accident, a scientist awakens in a mysterious, alien world. Is this a distant planet? The far future? Or a complex, virtual-reality computer simulation? Plumb the recesses of a labyrinthine world to learn its secrets and uncover your role within.

Doodle Kingdom
PS Vita — Digital
It’s time to get MEDIEVAL! From the creators of puzzle games Doodle God & Doodle Devil, comes a fantasy brain-teaser where you can quest as a Dragon Breeder, Warlock and Knight! Daring adventure awaits you in this fantastical fantasy Kingdom where you can breed and raise four different types of Dragons.

MLB 15 The Show
PS4, PS3, PS Vita — Digital, Retail
The 10th edition of the franchise, MLB 15 The Show is a more immersive and exciting baseball experience than ever before with substantial improvements. New features include: year-to-year saves, licensed equipment, baseball legends, and more.

MX vs. ATV Untamed
PS2 Classic — Digital
Cut loose with dirt bikes, monster trucks, and more to perform insane stunts. Become the ultimate off-road champion!

Paperbound
PS4 — Digital
Paperbound is a smash-up brawler from the mind of a former Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare developer that combines platforming, twitchy combat, and gravity redirection in a competitive couch multiplayer setting.

R.B.I. Baseball 15
PS4 — Digital
Featuring fresh game modes, authentic Ballparks, improved animations, and deep stat tracking.

Rack N Ruin
PS4 — Digital
Join Rack on an epic adventure across a world filled with magic and wonder. Then watch in astonishment as Rack befouls, corrupts, slaughters, and brings about a general air of misfortune to everything and everyone he confronts.

Run Sackboy! Run!
PS Vita — Digital
Get ready to run like the wind as Sackboy sets off on a blistering adventure with the nasty Negativitron nipping at his heels. Collect chains of bubbles, find exciting power-ups, and unlock new costumes.

Shadow Tower
PSone Classic — Digital
With his entire home city swallowed by the underworld, Ruus Hardy vows to rescue everyone trapped by the demons. A PSone classic available soon on PlayStation Store.

TableTop Cricket
PS3 — Digital
Find the gaps in the field or just smack the ball out of the stadium, TableTop Cricket is a fast and furious take on cricket that takes you on a world tour with tense matches and challenges aplenty.

Toukiden: Kiwami
PS4, PS Vita — Digital
Go forth and eradicate the epic Oni menace! Toukiden: Kiwami is the sequel to Toukiden, consisting of all the content from the original title plus the addition of various elements and stories. Players take on the role of a Slayer possessing unique abilities, and alongside other Slayers, battle the Oni to save mankind from destruction.

Ultimate Action Triple Pack
PS3 — Digital
Survive the elements and dangers in Tomb Raider, uncover a criminal underground in Sleeping Dogs, or just blow things up in Just Cause 2.

Ultimate Stealth Triple Pack
PS3 — Digital
Sneak and steal in a haunting city cloaked in shadow, witness a strange, bleak future in Deus Ex: Human Revolution, or take down marks with style in Hitman: Absolution.

Woah Dave!
PS4 — Digital
From the folks behind the BIT.TRIP series comes the frantic insanity that is Woah Dave! Help our hero, Dave Lonuts, survive an insane alien invasion and line his pockets with shiny pennies. Hurl alien eggs, skull bombs, and explosive WOAH blocks to stay alive and sky rocket yourself to high score fame and fortune.

Demos and Betas

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines — PS Vita Demo

The Drop.

v1perz53

Damn all this talk about Bloodborne is making me want to play it, apparently if there's something that can sell me on a game is a threads about custom characters lol.

I have no PS4 and i don't have the intention to buy one, at least for now, but i still want to scratch that From itch, so i was thinking of dusting off the PS3 and buying Dark Souls...
Is there any chance for DS to be part of April's PS+?

There is no chance for Dark Souls to be part of April's PS+ because there's no digital version of the game on PSN at all. Only Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 2. So if you want to play the first game you're safe, but will also have to find a physical copy. I'll warn you now, if you play DkS 1 on PS3, when you get to the bottom of Blighttown or Anor Londo ruins, you will have to deal with 15 FPS slideshows. Every other part of the game runs fine, just be ready for those two areas and don't think the whole game will be that bad hah.

Top Bottom