• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | March 2015

Guys remind me / everyone in September that Playstation Mobile is shutting down. I have no space on my memory card so I'll delay downloading them for now.

『Inaba Resident』;158059066 said:
Anybody else having issues creating and joining parties?
My internet connection is fine and I can do everything else (message, stream, netflix, etc.) but I'm suddenly unable to join or create parties.

There's some sort of issue with the PSN right now. I've had issues loading the friends list (tells me to connect to PSN, then errors - even though the PS Store loads fine), others have had issues connecting, and now this - something's up.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If you're going to recommend dreck like Demon Gaze you might as well go whole hog and tell them to buy Mind Zero.

Maid

Banned
I wonder if there are that many people who are insane for liking Demon Gaze or it's just one person that need to understand his taste is not the world's truth.

If I've never made it through GOW 1, but always wanted to, but already own the collection on ps3 and vita... should i grab the two psp games while they're on sale plus that 10% coupon? Or am i just spending to spend?

I played the first four GoWs and like them all but they aren't much different.

I'd like to use that coupon though. Is 2013: Infected Wars any good?

It looks and controls well but it is super tedious. Play it in 15 minute increments because all you do is shoot zombies in the head. Each room is like a never ending spawn of them. Kinda worth it for short bursts at $5.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I wonder if there are that many people who are insane for liking Demon Gaze or it's just one person that need to understand his taste is not the world's truth.

No one is insane for recommending Demon Gaze, just not what I would recommend.

Insane for liking Mind Zero? Yeah, I will stand by that. DO NOT BUY MIND ZERO.

Chuy

Legit question: How exactly is Mind Zero terrible? I just thought it was a sub-par persona rip-off or is that the reason why?

SerTapTap

I can't handle tank controls. It's just too cumbersome and slow for me.

ps - have you got bloodborne yet? holy hell get it.

i'd be interested on knowing your final verdict on Rack N Ruin. Basically, what would be your 'buy' price.

I'm glad there's an option for new players, but coming from multiple survival horror games I didn't find it bad at all. I fumbled more with the inventory system than the tank controls...that's the part that made me miss the point and click control scheme.

No bloodborne yet. I can probably wait for a discount at this point. Estival is already going to be eating up time. By the time I'm done with that I'll probably have a review copy of *w* Quintet. I didn't even manage to finish The Order without being distracted.

Speaking of Rack N' Ruin...yeah I got behind on that. Axiom Verge review is coming tomorrow though. It's pretty good so far, but I'm only one and a half dungeons in and can't give a fair say yet.

This depends entirely on how the video is distributed:

C) If it's a download voucher it's country region locked.

Download code, I guess I need to try a VPN but I don't really want to bother with that right now. I didn't even know it came with it, I'm more pissed that I found Sony does region locking for videos than I am that I can't watch it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
A friend who likes pretty much every Vita release bought it and said it was the worst waste of money of his entire life and demanded that I give it a shot. I made it 40 minutes in before I tapped.

As far as I'm concerned Mind Zero is the single worst retail release the Vita has. Maybe some really awful PSM game might beat it, but even then it won't be quite the waste of money Mind Zero is.

Potato share to Twitter quality, but goddamn if this game isn't beautiful.
CBUFAjuUIAEPzYa.jpg:large

Legit question: How exactly is Mind Zero terrible? I just thought it was a sub-par persona rip-off or is that the reason why?

I think Mind Zero is terrible for the same reason most very average games are held as being terrible: They're horribly uninteresting. If a movie is uninteresting it's just kind of dull, but with an interactive medium, if your product doesn't offer something to really engage the player, it's not just average but bad.

Of course people like me or Shiz might be able to squeeze some fun out of such games, but most people would rather just spend their time and money elsewhere.

Its so-so, Mediocre but not that terrible. Its something you'll only play / finish if you don't anything else to play. So in summary, it's something you will probably forget that you've played after a year.

Download code, I guess I need to try a VPN but I don't really want to bother with that right now. I didn't even know it came with it, I'm more pissed that I found Sony does region locking for videos than I am that I can't watch it.

Pretty sure download codes like that are specific to the country's store you signed up to, not that country's IPs - sort of like how PSN cards from Canada can't be loaded in the US and vice versa, even though they both use the same storefront.

A VPN won't do any good if that's the case.

Shizuka

It's not bad, it's just not good for most people either. It's not as offensive as some people might suggest it is.

SerTapTap

Pretty sure download codes like that are specific to the country's store you signed up to, not that country's IPs - sort of like how PSN cards from Canada can't be loaded in the US and vice versa, even though they both use the same storefront.

A VPN won't do any good if that's the case.

Nah that's not the problem. Code activated fine, JP PSN, JP account. Content is in my account in Playstation Videos. Video won't launch, network error.

Takao

Banned
Nah that's not the problem. Code activated fine, JP PSN, JP account. Content is in my account in Playstation Videos. Video won't launch, network error.

Yeah, if it's under the Video PlayStation Store it's IP blocked. If you're using a US IP you shouldn't even see the video section on the JP store.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

its fucking garbage.

period.

animations, story, sound, combat etc. just go watch yt vids.

PSN-GAF help me remember this PSN game:

It's basically a block breaker (?) game, very hard, where your aim is to destroy everything on screen. The settings are sometimes fantasy like, and you destroy the 3D environment piece by piece. I think its only on the PS3 but at some point I wanted it for the Vita.

Takao

Banned

It's basically a block breaker (?) game, very hard, where your aim is to destroy everything on screen. The settings are sometimes fantasy like, and you destroy the 3D environment piece by piece. I think its only on the PS3 but at some point I wanted it for the Vita.

Wizorb? It's a PSP Minis, so it's playable on Vita.

Beta Bloc PSP? It was just a $1 last week

I tried it on my friend's PS4, and I can't stand the motion blur. It makes me feel sick. It does reduce a bit with remote play, but it's still a problem.

Yeah and I'm not feeling Type-0, it tries too hard to be edgy, there's way too many cutscenes that cut off and lead to more and the story so far makes no sense. Type-0 is overrated >_>

Shizuka

Did we get anything from Shahid's cryptic hints of a mysterious Vita game coming out a year or so ago? I think it was something like "starts with a P" and "hundred of hours of gameplay".

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Always figured it was Bordlands 2 - Less Enemies, Awful Framerate, Not enough Buttons but most of the DLC for free Edition.

Top Bottom