• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | March 2015

SerTapTap

Axiom Verge is live on the webstore but does not have the PS+ discount it should. Hopefully it will soon, and will show up on the PS4 store. PSN updates continue to be crazy and awkward.

The thread'll be up when it is up.
No hype for Aaru's Awakening?

I'll be checking that out...meant to ask for a PC review copy but then...well March happened. Guess I still get to check it out.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Oh. Yup. Thanks! Anyone know the best place for someone in the US to import version with English? This will be my first vita import since my 64g card so I don't really know what stores are best.

You would have to use Play Asia basically. There is Yes Asia also but not as many folks use them for Asian region releases.

Though would suggest everyone stop talking about the title as most likely will be getting added to the banned game list at GAF, for those who remember what besada had said.

Although he does not specify this title, you know its going to be added due to the similar content.

Shun

I figure anyone who are familiar with the control of MonHan would be fine with Freedom Wars.

It doesn't. Just change the control scheme, you have several options.

But it does. At least compared to it's peers in mohan and Phantasy Star Nova.

The camera is terrible for aiming for TPS gameplay. It's more apparent when you need to fine aim for human bosses. Even when mapping sprint to R the whole running thing isn't fluid and is less so when saving civilians. I had an easier time using claw in Portable 3rd than I did this game.

Fighting against the beasts are tedious and the AI is stupid as shit. At higher levels there are times where your dps and gameplay is reduced to Barbara. Weapon balance is pretty out there too where your elemental upgrades are basically useless in favor of the vanilla one since you can easily craft element upgrades onto it. Ice and Will-O are probably the only useful elements in terms of proctor rate and dps.

Crafting is flawed with all the random positives and negatives and it makes grinding for materials not as enjoyable like in Mohan.

I am not going to lie, the game has the framework and the potential to be good and something special. Customization is great and it's as good as Nova's in that regard. TPS/Action is a great idea if there were better ways to aim and fine tune like through gyro aiming.That potential doesn't take away the fact that Freedom Wars is a mediocre hunting game, but at best a decent game.

eFKac

So it looks like Assassin's Creed Chronicles skips Vita after all...maybe it'll be a situation similar to Rev2 where Sony 3rd Party Productions will port it?

Li Kao

Ok, that's absolutely ridiculous. I've got open tabs on Disgaea 1, ZHP, Toukiden Kiwami, Freedom Wars & Soul Sacrifice Delta. And I'm in the middle of Atelier Rorona. And I must buy a PS3 and a PS4.
I think I will lie down for a moment #FuckHoarding #VitaHasNoGamezLOL

autoduelist

You would have to use Play Asia basically. There is Yes Asia also but not as many folks use them for Asian region releases.

Though would suggest everyone stop talking about the title as most likely will be getting added to the banned game list at GAF, for those who remember what besada had said.

Although he does not specify this title, you know its going to be added due to the similar content.

Oh, wasn't aware it had any issues like that. Though I'm not about to stop talking about something because it might, someday, be banned. That doesn't make a lick of sense to me. If it gets banned, so be it.

I think I bought my 64 gig from... hmm.... yesasia? Something like that.

EDIT -- just checked yesasia, looked okay... but then yeah, i can see why you think that based on playasia. Still if it's gonna be banned, i'll wait for any actual ban rather than assuming.

Yesasia has it for 45.99 free shipping, for anyone interested, which seems to be the best price? I don't know how good they are, but they did get me my 64g fast and safe.

bobawesome

You know what, Sony? You win. Even though all the evidence points to the Vita 2000 not even being out in North America for a year I'll pay the $70 repair fee for your shoddy product.

eFKac

I sure hope so! Vita is likely the only console I would pay for it on. #Buildthelist

Heh I have this weird kind of thing that I buy things on Vita that I would never buy on consoles.
For example Rev2, not really a fan of Resident Evil overall and Rev2 looks really janky and cheap, but I'm sure I will buy it on the Vita even though I'm also expecting it to be the worst version by far.
In this case it may be that it looks like one of the last games resembling Western AAA games on the Vita, and there's barely anything releasing on the console that I would be interested in, or I'll play it on the PS4 instead.

As for AC, I hoped it would release on PS4/Vita with cross buy in case the Vita version is much inferior. Seems I won't have this problem anymore lol.

kevin1025

Banned
Fo4oj2v.png

Didn't know it would actually queue a preordered game, that's quite the time for it to be "Waiting".

incpdo

So Unit 13 which is a great game was one of the games my ex girlfriend manage to steal from me ( a retail version) Apart from gow collection , rayman legends and katamary damacy vita ( don't remember the name). I bought gow collection again because I consider is a great collection and I recently discovered that unit 13 gives you a digital copy if you buy a retail copy. So for my surprise I have unit 13 too. So I need only rayman legends and katamary.
The question is ,there is any other retail vita game that gives you the same game digitaly as a gift?

v1perz53

Hmm Persona 4 Arena Ultimax is on sale, as is the P4A story DLC for it. A little salty about this since two weeks ago during the bi-monthly PSN persona sale they put P4A on sale but not Ultimax. Could get both stories for $40 now, but because I got P4A two weeks ago it would cost me $55 instead and I need to have two separate games installed on my PS3.

Oh well, not the worst thing, but I do wish they would've waited at least a month before doing this.

Massa

So Unit 13 which is a great game was one of the games my ex girlfriend manage to steal from me ( a retail version) Apart from gow collection , rayman legends and katamary damacy vita ( don't remember the name). I bought gow collection again because I consider is a great collection and I recently discovered that unit 13 gives you a digital copy if you buy a retail copy. So for my surprise I have unit 13 too. So I need only rayman legends and katamary.
The question is ,there is any other retail vita game that gives you the same game digitaly as a gift?

I think that was a glitch with the online pass, don't think any other game worked that way.

Takao

Banned
So it looks like Assassin's Creed Chronicles skips Vita after all...maybe it'll be a situation similar to Rev2 where Sony 3rd Party Productions will port it?

Just because it wasn't announced today doesn't mean it isn't happening. Ubisoft's other digital Vita games (Child of Light and the still pending Tetris Ultimate) weren't launched simultaneously, so it wouldn't be surprising if ACC follows the same pattern.

Retail versions of Minecraft (with the actual cart, not like NA) come with a digital code as well iirc.

SerTapTap

Not aware of any, unfortunately the extreme frequency and value of resale in games probably means it won't be a "thing". I did think it was awesome that Retro City Rampage DX's PS4 retail release had a digital (PC) code, but that was an extremely limited collector's edition and also priced higher than the normal game.

v1perz53

Unit 13 was a PS+ game at one point, are you sure you didn't get the digital version that way? You can still claim PS+ games if you have the retail version.

Hrm well interesting mix for Plus for April. Can't say I'm enormously interested in any of them, but I bag and tag all my Plus "freebies" religiously - and then never even download 90% of them.

Honestly I'd have to quit my job at this point just to clear out my Plus backlog.

Tizoc

AW YISS PERSONA 4 ULTIMAX DLC ON SALE!
HAVE YOU NEVER HEARD OF A SEASON PASS ATLUS, YOU NICKLE N DIMING JERKS!

MY LITTLE PONY AVATARS ON SALE AS WELL GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

SerTapTap

MY LITTLE PONY AVATARS ON SALE AS WELL GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Gigaton.

I'm amazed those were $4 BTW. I wonder how many poor parents had to buy those for their kids who didn't realize/care it's a silly ripoff. I'm pretty sure my avatar was 50 cents

kevin1025

Banned
Old Blood is out in May huh? I'm holding out in hopes of getting the PC ver. of much cheaper :p

Yeah, not far off at all! The PC version will likely be found for a great price closer to release, hopefully on Nuuvem or GMG. I liked New Order on PS4 and the PC version isn't running too hot on my PC (mostly mid-to-high when tinkering with the settings), so I thought I'd go PS4!

Prelude.

Am I wrong to assume that the OreShika english marketing (demo+youtube) started now just because the game just released in Asia so they can reuse it here?

Sondar

I can't quite remember how the PS4 release was 'launched'. Was it announced on Twitter like, 'Bam! pre-order now' or was it 'pre-orders live in x amount of days'?

Shocking memory I know as that was only late last year...

Tizoc

Why's everyone hype for Retro City Rampage retail for?
Let me know when Soldner 2-X gets a retail vita release...

OK I don't know what Damascus Gear: Operation Tokyo is, just that its from Arcsystemworks and is not a 2D fighter.

But I would be VERY WRONG if I did not say that I am interested in Mechs destroying other mechs.

Anyone want to offer impressions? Is there an OT?

SerTapTap

Because I'm a filthy hoarder. They also apparently appreciate in price, wasn't expecting the RCR retail thing to go that crazy, as much as I enjoyed being able to say "yeah I've got the rarest PS4 game"

Tizoc

Let's see here...
All 3 P4AU DLC characters = $7.49
Boss unlock (do I need this even?)= 1.49
Glasses DLC= 2.99
P4A Story (what is this exactly? Is it actually P4A's story mode or just cutscenes?)= 4.99
All Colors= 2.99

All that comes to around $20. This fuckin age of DLCs...

autoduelist

I don't understand either, i thought it got a luke warm reception. Where are people buying it, anyway?

In other news, I purchased Chronicles from yesasia. I was trying to figure out if release dates conflicted greatly with Operation Abyss, then realized i doubt i'll be done bloodborne/oreshika by then anyway. I doubt it'll get localized, and i can probably resell it anyway when i beat/plat it.

Been playing Orochi 3 and zen pinball a lot lately too. have no time to finish any of them. I've been really enjoying zen... i still prefer pinball arcade but some of the zen tables are quite solid (at least from the fun perspective).

Top Bottom