• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | March 2015

autoduelist

I converted a physical Battlefield 4 to digital but I lost my savegame somehow. Must be an EA issue.

Hmmm. Do you remember if you 'owned' the digital before you deleted the physical? I've always bought digital first, then deleted, then downloaded. This shouldn't really make a difference, but maybe it does?

At least on PS3, it was possible for digital/physical to be treated as different games with different saves. I would have hoped PS4's system would streamline that but perhaps not.

You have one library entry for the game. It'll have a bluray symbol on it if it's disc based. If you have it installed from disc, it won't let you download it till you delete the physical install. Overall it makes sense, it's rare that anyone would want both installed and this ensures people don't accidentally keep both or get upset and call customer support when they try to play the digital copy, get told to insert a disc, and call sony to complain.

Well, it turns out the Wipeout 2048 DLC won't fit on my memory card. Went for Damascus Gear after all.

By the way, did anyone in the US make use of the rewards card promotion on Rakuten? It gives you $80 store credit that can be used on a 64GB Vita memory card.

Seems to have been going on for a while and lasts one more day.

ZeroAKA

ibubWXwd7NiO06.png

Game of the Month voting has started! You may vote for one Vita/PS4/PS3 game that was released in March 2015. Games such as Toukiden Kiwami that will not be released in the US until next Tuesday will not be eligible for this vote. You can either PM me on GAF (which I prefer) or tweet/DM me on Twitter (@whoiszero). Please format the PM as shown below, or your PM may be ignored:
Subject: PSN GotM - <insert game title here>
Body: (optional - brief comment on why should people play this game or why this game deserves to be GotM)
April thread will be up tomorrow night.

autoduelist

Well, it turns out the Wipeout 2048 DLC won't fit on my memory card. Went for Damascus Gear after all.

By the way, did anyone in the US make use of the rewards card promotion on Rakuten? It gives you $80 store credit that can be used on a 64GB Vita memory card.

Seems to have been going on for a while and lasts one more day.

Would love to hear more opinions on damascu gear as i desperately don't want to believe it sucks because mechs.

Well, according to the link on Gematsu, the producer Junichi Yoshizawa says that Freedom Wars sequel depends on fan demand. The game did a lot of things right, if they capture all of the game's strengths and fix the weaknesses, this could be an amazing sequel.

I'd be all for that. The game has a crazy amount of potential that I felt was untapped. Would love to see them grow the ip. Maybe a ps4 and vita release a la Toukiden Kiwami and Rage Eater Burst.

Carm

What is the cut off day to get the March games with PS+? I'm waiting on my PS4 to ship and wondered if I could do the 14 day trial or just outright pay to start the subscription to get the games without having the console yet.

I'm now imagining you as the Miiverse "nice water" guy, but for foliage.

Game has a jungle? Bought. Game has nice flush forests? Bought.

Like half the reason I prefer Oblivion to Skyrim is the vegetation.

I'm pretty sure this is why I've been craving MH over Toukiden, too

Maid

Banned
Game has a jungle? Bought. Game has nice flush forests? Bought.

Like half the reason I prefer Oblivion to Skyrim is the vegetation.

I'm pretty sure this is why I've been craving MH over Toukiden, too

Why does a fish prefer jungle over pond, I don't know.

Get Tokyo Jungle if you haven't.

Shizuka

Something interesting from Moero Chronicles' description on Play-Asia:

For those waiting for a localized version of the upcoming erotic dungeon crawler Genkai Totsuki Moero Chronicle, most news has only been in speculation, and at best, it's only been a mention of a future digital release. As such, instead of waiting, we'd like to introduce you to the only physical version in existence to have English and Chinese subtitles, as well as retaining the original uncensored Japanese experience!

If I had to guess, they're implying we'll get a DD-only and censored release. Either that, or they're just trying really hard to sell the asian version as the best one to get.

Tohsaka

Something interesting from Moero Chronicles' description on Play-Asia:

If I had to guess, they're implying we'll get a DD-only and censored release. Either that, or they're just trying really hard to sell the asian version as the best one to get.

IFI will probably get a lot of shit from people if they do another censored release. I'm glad the Asian version is a thing though, either way.

Massa

What is the cut off day to get the March games with PS+? I'm waiting on my PS4 to ship and wondered if I could do the 14 day trial or just outright pay to start the subscription to get the games without having the console yet.

April 7 for Americas, 8 for Europe.

Shun

I got Freedom Wars at that price and I still felt ripped off.

Man that game has terrible balance and control issues and I should have listened to amazon reviews on it.

For those who are new to the hunting genre, you might like it but overall I wouldn't recommend Freedom Wars.

Well, according to the link on Gematsu, the producer Junichi Yoshizawa says that Freedom Wars sequel depends on fan demand. The game did a lot of things right, if they capture all of the game's strengths and fix the weaknesses, this could be an amazing sequel.

Wouldn't be down for a sequel unless they overhauled everything. Wasn't a massive fan of the first (although it's the closest I've come to loving a hunting game, so that's something).

With that said, I do find announcements like this so bizarre. Sony really has completely abandoned Vita.

I'd guess Freedom Wars was one of the more expensive handheld games Sony have ever made, but still - it's the best selling new Japanese IP they've made since White Knight Chronicles; it sold miles better than Soul Sacrifice etc.

Makes no sense to me not to pursue that, but there you go.

Tapejara

Hm, I keep getting an error when I try to download my Vita Minecraft world into the PS4 version. Guess I'll keep chipping away at the Vita version for now.

Also, Axiom Verge hype!

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

they need to get scrap everything outside of the ibara system as lot of the other stuff was poorly done.

would not really say it did a lot right considering one weapon could roflstomp anything the game threw at the player the melee weapons were pretty much useless character animations during cutscenes were bad and some even looked precanned. clothing was a mess as they didnt take time out to make sure things matched with character model parts more the head and hair. decal system was useless. story was a mess. game progression was a mess. end game contents was beyond lacking. same with enemy types. other issues would be how they chopped up the AIs routines into too many pieces therefore making it not too efficient unless you constantly babied it with commands. They really should not have tried to make it overly complex. Or more like appear to be a complex AI system which was done so they would have an excuse for all of those custom voice command input spaces. The AI wasnt exactly stupid and would carry out basic commands decent, but the same issue was due to them chopping up the AI it made it very narrow with what it would do within the certain command set.

They might as well leave it dead truthfully with how much work they would need to do to make another title and the impressions from the first one is going to harm domestic sales unless they release a demo again showing firsthand how the second title will be a massive overhaul of the first.

I still dont get why they are wasting so much money with all the constant promotions.

Hey Parakeetman, How's the new SAO? Is changing to the Macross devs worth it?
```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
I haven't played Freedom Wars. Hopefully the next game really is a sequel, not a expansion.

SerTapTap

Destroyer Trillion infos and gameplay trailer
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/03/3...introduces-angel-character-along-new-trailer/

Type 0 HD sold 93k in the first week, 92k on PS4 and 1k on XB1 lol, the PSP version sold 470k.
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/03/30/final-fantasy-type-0-hd-didnt-well-japan/

EDIT:
sorry for the double post

I need Trillion.

Ouch that split. BTW Should I even bother with Type 0? Do you get used to the camera blur? Jesus fucking CHRIST. I can't believe that survived play testing.

I find it frustrating when people rag on shahid... To me, it personifies everything I hate about internet culture.

Here, we have a guy who's probably responsible for more vita game's existence than anyone else on the planet and we're tearing him a new arsehole because he tweets perhaps a little too enthusiastically.

Keep doing the good work, Shahid.

The Shahid hate is ridiculous. People only get upset when they pretend he was talking about some massive AAA exclusive with specific appeal to them and forget what he does is important to devs of every size not just "worthy" western AAAs.

maouvin

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Hey Parakeetman, How's the new SAO? Is changing to the Macross devs worth it?
```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
I haven't played Freedom Wars. Hopefully the next game really is a sequel, not a expansion.

Its totally different from Hollow Fragment, but for folks that found HF to be too difficult or "obtuse" am sure they will find Lost Song amusing. The flight controls are as expected great and easy to use.

Combat is a bit odd and the general game design with some things, but overall am sure SAO fans will find it enjoyable none the less. The story scenes are the usual writing that can be expected and enjoyable from the viewpoint of the character banter / interaction.

Plus its cool how you can use a good number of the main story characters in the game itself.

In the OT gave it a good dressing down, but that was only just so folks know what to expect from the title in what I consider the issues that exist. But outside of that for a game simulating the feeling of flying around like ALO it does a good job.

Yup. We need changes I don't believe that would fit on an expansion.
Based on what I've been hearing, yeah a huge overhaul is needed. Can't say much though as I dont have the game and want to experience it before judging.
In the OT gave it a good dressing down, but that was only just so folks know what to expect from the title in what I consider the issues that exist. But outside of that for a game simulating the feeling of flying around like ALO it does a good job.

Great, I'll just find the OT so I can see whether to get this or Moero Chronicles. Based on my playthrough of the first game, I would like to play the latter's sequel more. Why does this two game series sequels release near each other. Its hard to choose T_T

Top Bottom