• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | March 2015

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Based on what I've been hearing, yeah a huge overhaul is needed. Can't say much though as I dont have the game and want to experience it before judging.

Great, I'll just find the OT so I can see whether to get this or Moero Chronicles. Based on my playthrough of the first game, I would like to play the latter's sequel more. Why does this two game series sequels release near each other. Its hard to choose T_T

Sword Art Online: Lost Song OT

Morts

I just bought a Japanese Vita Slim from a coworker and I'm not sure why. I have a year's worth of PS Plus games for it but no idea what's good. Any deals on memory cards? I'd think I could get away with a 8-16 GB for a while.

Prelude.

I got Freedom Wars at that price and I still felt ripped off.

Man that game has terrible balance and control issues and I should have listened to amazon reviews on it.
It doesn't. Just change the control scheme, you have several options.

I just bought a Japanese Vita Slim from a coworker and I'm not sure why. I have a year's worth of PS Plus games for it but no idea what's good. Any deals on memory cards? I'd think I could get away with a 8-16 GB for a while.

Congrats and enjoy your new Vita! No deals floating around I think but if you want cheaper prices for the memory cards (especially the 64gb), Nippon Yasan and Ami-ami are the stores they recommend here.

I'm not affliated with either store.

SerTapTap

Great month for PS+! Tower of Guns, Never Alone, Dishonored, Aaru's Awakening, Killzone Merc, MonsterBag. I've played and enjoyed ToG, Dishonored and Killzone, looking forward to MonsterBag and Never Alone.

I predict Tower of Guns will get hate from the usual suspects in PS+ threads, but it's basically Binding of Isaac crossed with Quake. Not as good as Binding of Isaac IMO but a cool idea pretty well executed.

I can confirm: it plays really great on the vita!

Are you referring to Axiom Verge? I don't really agree, it's workable but not preferable

Killzone Mercenary for the Vita is a great haul for april. The best looking FPS on the portable consoles.

Not feeling Monster Bag though but a quick playthrough might make me like it.

Great month for PS+! Tower of Guns, Never Alone, Dishonored, Aaru's Awakening, Killzone Merc, MonsterBag. I've played and enjoyed ToG, Dishonored and Killzone, looking forward to MonsterBag and Never Alone.

I predict Tower of Guns will get hate from the usual suspects in PS+ threads, but it's basically Binding of Isaac crossed with Quake. Not as good as Binding of Isaac IMO but a cool idea pretty well executed.

Killzone Mercs means the multiplayer will last a long time. Wish they did some DLC maps.

Nah Tower of Guns is a shooter and will satisfy the hate indies crowd that really just don't like the typical arty indie puzzle platfomer like Monster Bag. I am looking forward to ToG the most.

incpdo

Destroyer Trillion infos and gameplay trailer
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/03/3...introduces-angel-character-along-new-trailer/

Type 0 HD sold 93k in the first week, 92k on PS4 and 1k on XB1 lol, the PSP version sold 470k.
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/03/30/final-fantasy-type-0-hd-didnt-well-japan/

EDIT:
sorry for the double post
I'm kinda happy sales were bad. I'm pretty sure on vita sales would be double or triple that. Maybe that will teach something to squeenix

I'm kinda happy sales were bad. I'm pretty sure on vita sale would be double or triple that. Maybe that will teach something to squeenix

I'm legit doubtful about that. Japan has access to the PSP game on their Vitas. Bomba tier is what I'm expecting if it was launched on the Vita for Japan.

SerTapTap

It isnt the same camera as the PSP version? I didn't have much trouble with that

There's so much motion blur that 5 minutes with the game gives me a headache, and I never have motion sickness issues. Here's a sample but it actually looks worse in motion because it's lots of quick jerky movements of the camera not a smooth circle like that.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Monsterbag and KZ:M confirmed for april's PS+.
Not bad. At all.

Don't know any of the PS3/4 titles, though.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/03/31/ps-plus-free-games-for-april-2015/
I'll finally see the graphics of KZM with my eyes :) too bad i can't suffer fps anymore :\

I'm kinda happy sales were bad. I'm pretty sure on vita sales would be double or triple that. Maybe that will teach something to squeenix
You are a bad guy
i'm with you >:)
but at this point i don't think SE cared too much about Japan, Type 0 hd will probably sell better in US and EU.

The more i think about it the more i think that type 0 hd was a genius idea, SE wanted to make a series but Vita didn't sell as much as SE wanted so what did they plan? A PS4/XB1 version of a PSP game alone would have bombed hard so they added the FFXV demo that everyone wanted.

Thanks to that many people bought Type 0 even if not interested and SE won't have big problem on making Type 1 on PS4/XB1 because people now know the world and characters.

Imo SE didn't do Type0 hd to sell it, but to start a series on PS4 and XB1.
That doesn't mean i like what SE did.

Maybe SE will release a localized PSP version of Type 0 when the FFXV demo will become public or at the FFXV release(in both cases when people don't need Type 0 anymore to play FFXV).

There's so much motion blur that 5 minutes with the game gives me a headache, and I never have motion sickness issues. Here's a sample but it actually looks worse in motion because it's lots of quick jerky movements of the camera not a smooth circle like that.
DeathParade-Episode12-Omake-6.gif

My Hopes of playing a great typ0 remaster on the big screen just got dashed by that.

SerTapTap

Oh god, how did they think that was alright?

I really have no idea. They haven't responded to it that I know of either. The game desperately needs a motion blur toggle. IMO Chromatic aberration, film grain and motion blur should always be toggleable, but I've never seen something negatively affect gameplay this badly.

Playing it through remote play reduces the motion sickness a lot, though. Ironically. I guess because our field of view get focus on smaller frame.

I'll have to try that, though I doubt I'll play it much soon. I've honestly thought of plugging in my second PS4 just to remoteplay some games. Axiom Verge and Estival are going to be stuck in my PS4 for some time.

incpdo

Playing it through remote play reduces the motion sickness a lot, though. Ironically. I guess because our field of view get focus on smaller frame.
That's like very funny. I think today square enix is all about money and if they are smart enough they will release type 0 instead of type0 plus for vita. At least in Japan. This game would sell at least 200k in Japan alone if it releases on Vita

Yasumi

Banned
Vomitrocious. Is it trying to simulate someone spinning in a circle? Worse than chromatic abberation.

incpdo

Does anybody knows if there is a release date for revelations 2 vita? Seems the game its awesome and I hope the port performs well because I plan to play it portable. Is there a retail release?

SerTapTap

That's like very funny. I think today square enix is all about money and if they are smart enough they will release type 0 instead of type0 plus for vita. At least in Japan. This game would sell at least 200k in Japan alone if it releases on Vita

It'd be cool if as a low-effort thing they released the game in the west digitally with the fan patch (with cooperation from the fan patch people). Won't happen, but...

Would be cool if some devs did that. Mother 3 is another example--Tomato actually reached out to Nintendo on that, no response of course, I doubt any big company takes it seriously. I just wish they would.

incpdo

It'd be cool if as a low-effort thing they released the game in the west digitally with the fan patch (with cooperation from the fan patch people). Won't happen, but...

Would be cool if some devs did that. Mother 3 is another example--Tomato actually reached out to Nintendo on that, no response of course, I doubt any big company takes it seriously. I just wish they would.
Business people in the game industry are not real gamers that's why. They play for show. They are pretty much bad politicians.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Oh, hey, look at the date.

New thread, please!

Good PS+ offerings this coming month. I already own KZM, but I fully approve of more people getting to play that fine game.

Also very interested in Never Alone.

Edit: Just realized I GET TO PLAY AXIOM VERGE TONIGHT. So good.

Tizoc

Oh, hey, look at the date.

New thread, please!

Good PS+ offerings this coming month. I already own KZM, but I fully approve of more people getting to play that fine game.

Also very interested in Never Alone.

Edit: Just realized I GET TO PLAY AXIOM VERGE TONIGHT. So good.

The thread'll be up when it is up.
No hype for Aaru's Awakening?

Li Kao

Mmh, I re-subbed for one month of PS+.
Had to fight with the network errors to give them money. Then 10 minutes later and still no active sub. I don't know, I must be in a bad mood today, but uguu...

autoduelist

The only game that has given me motion sickness is driving in Far Cry 2 (something about the bumps and foliage, I had to squint to drive).

The motion blur in the video of FFT0 posted doesn't bother me, especially given the character is spinning in circles like a madman. Of course, when I do stuff like that in games when my wife is watching, she's always like 'ugghggg' and it have never bothered me.

-----

I don't understand all the Freedom Wars hate. I had fun with it. I got distracted and never finished it (maybe that's the issue?) but it was great jumping on giant robots and sawing limbs off. i keep hearing guns were better than melee weapons, and maybe that's an issue...i wanted to be melee, constantly riding enemies. But as far as getting things right, so many things did feel right. I only invested maybe 5 or 10 hours though before getting sidetracked (not the games fault, i think i switched to something on ps4 and sold the game w. plans to pick it up again later).

Something interesting from Moero Chronicles' description on Play-Asia:

Can someone give a short summary of the mechanics of the game? i guess I'll go google but really i don't even know if i should be interested in this game or if it's a rhythm game or something.

With that said, I do find announcements like this so bizarre. Sony really has completely abandoned Vita.

Producers/devs/pubs saying stuff like a sequel depends on fan demand" is really no big deal. It's always the truth ... why would a game get a sequel without fan demand? So saying something like that is just to get your fan base to make noise to see if it's worth investing it. I wouldn't read anything more into it, it's standard operating procedure.

Unfortunately, no business learns lessons like that. They don't see lack of sales on one platform as evidence they should have released on another, but rather, evidence nobody wanted it (rightly or wrongly). The only solid evidence of anything is a sale -- that tells you someone wanted it at the price offered. Trying to read into 'low sales' is like trying to tell fortunes based on throwing sticks, it requires too many assumptions - it could be price, or platform, or time of year, or competition, or lack of interest, or [on and on]. Ultimately all you can take away in most cases is that people didn't want it... some combination of wrong place, wrong time, wrong price, wrong product.

For fuck's sake, I want to play Z.H.P. I always wanted to play Z.H.P.
19.99$, they are not even trying.

If you like the genre and know what you're getting into, ZHP is worth every penny. It's one of the best games on PSP imo. I've paid full price for only a handful of PSP games (zhp, gladiator begins, elminage, a couple others) and don't regret it (even if many of those have had price drops/sales since).

VLiberty

Woah, I thought I would have never seen a retail Vita game on PS+ again. They've dropped the biggest one instead.

I've tried to get it in the past months, I had even ordered it from a site but, as it usually does, that site canceled my order. Seems like we finally meet again, KZM, after that great beta almost two years ago.

Cool for Dishonored, hoping I'll ever get around to actually play it. The rest doesn't really interest me.(I was actually interested in Aaru but I read that controls are bad)

Cha

Here's a sample but it actually looks worse in motion because it's lots of quick jerky movements of the camera not a smooth circle like that.

Wow. Did not know it was that bad.

I'm more excited than I should be for a PS+ game that I already own. More people playing KZ:M = More online activity for that game. Almost new thread time :)

Edit: TOTP: Download KZ:M when it's available on PS+ and play online. Buy DigimonStory Cybersleuth
when it's localized.

Top Bottom