• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation State of Play Announced for May 30th

Bloodborne tease...

20240529_202355.jpg
Shu agrees...

Interestingly, Summer Game Fest has added this SoP to their schedule, which would tend to indicate that any big Sony announcements will happen there instead of during the SGF live event on June 7.

AmuroChan

Gold Member
Nothing to big of a reveal I would assume

Probably more of Destiny 2 dlc
Hopefully Concord
Maybe Bluepoint game(It's long overdue)

Concord is a safe bet since that's a 2024 release. Bluepoint I would say it's unlikely unless it's releasing this year. The announcement specifically says PS Studios games arriving later this year. So we won't be seeing any 1st party games that are releasing in 2025 and beyond.

ebevan91

Interestingly, Summer Game Fest has added this SoP to their schedule, which would tend to indicate that any big Sony announcements will happen there instead of during the SGF live event on June 7.

I'm hoping Geoff is going to have something big at the end of his thing. His last 3 were Elden Ring (bro was shaking when he announced it), Last of Us Part 1 Remake, and FFVII:Rebirth. We already knew about Elden Ring and Rebirth but he had the trailers for them.

Not excited in the least...Playstation and Xbox have become the antithesis of excitement somehow.

I still remember how incredible the 2015,2016 Sony E3's were,as well as all the previous ones from 2009 onwards.Exclusive games,surprises,long demos,Even the worst showcases back then were more exciting than the state of these 2 publishers nowadays.

I'll just watch the 2,3 worthwhile trailers afterwards,not watching this garbage live.

Thanks again Jim for making Playstation such a pile of unexciting shite nowadays. Enjoy your retirement you worthless sack of shit.

thumb up GIF by MIC LOWRY

Feelings
Nothing more than feelings
Trying to forget my feelings of love
Teardrops
Rolling down on my face
Trying to forget my feelings of love
Feelings
For all my life I'll feel it
I wish I've never met you, girl
You'll never come again
Feelings
Wo-o-o feelings
Wo-o-o feelings
Again in my arms
Feelings,
Feelings like I've never lost you
And feelings like I've never have you
Again in my heart
Feelings
For all my life I'll feel it
I wish I've never met you, girl
You'll never come again
Feelings
Feelings like I've never lost you
And feelings like I've never have you
Again in my life
Feelings
Wo-o-o feelings
Wo-o-o, feelings
Again in my arms
Feelings
Wo-o-o feelings
Wo-o-o, feelings
Wo-o-o, yeah

sachos

Daaamn, i wanted a big showcase! Its so sad how they stopped doing those. I guess they are saving the big reveals for the PS5 Pro announcement? Either way, the hype never dies. Hope we see something about PSVR2 and Bluepoint Games new game.

saintjules

Astro Bot is my most wanted SIE project of the entire generation, so I'm pretty good for now.

Interesting to hear this. I always thought Astro Bot was a filler / killing time kind of game. The one that launched with PS5 was fun, but didn't think those games were even AA experiences.

Last edited:

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Perfect time to tease the ps5 pro with a trailer of bloodborne in lovely 4k/120 without showing the console and just end it leaves us salivating

Last edited:

DeepSpace5D

Full fledged Astrobot game and gameplay reveal of Concord. That will be a pretty good show for me. I’m hoping for a Lost Soul Aside release date though. Feels like it’s time.

Then the Silent Hill event right after. Not a bad day!

nial

Gold Member
Death Stranding and Gravity Rush 2 getting remasters before Bloodborne has been glorious to witness.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
14 titles mean they are going for quality over quantity. Might be better than what they showed last year

• Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater
  • Destiny 2: The Final Shape
  • Marathon
  • Street Fighter 6
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man 2
  • Fairgame$
  • Helldivers 2
  • Concord
  • Alan Wake 2
  • Assassin’s Creed Mirage
  • Dragon’s Dogma 2
  • Final Fantasy XVI
  • Foamstars
  • Granblue Fantasy: Relink
  • Immortals of Aveum
  • Tower of Fantasy
  • Beat Saber
  • Arizona Sunshine 2
  • Crossfire: Sierra Squad
  • Five Nights at Freddy’s: Help Wanted 2
  • Synapse
  • Ghostrunner 2
  • The Plucky Squire
  • Sword of the Sea
  • Teardown
  • Cat’s Quest Pirate of the Purribean
  • Neva
  • Revenant Hill
  • Towers of Aghasba
  • The Talos Principle 2
  • Ultros

cormack12

Gold Member
I really think this astrobot is like stop trying to make fetch happen territory. It only seems to have this cult following online where it's elevated to some really strong IP or potential to be wii sports. There's insane posts where people are suggesting it could rival/be as big as 3D Mario!!!!

Rescue Mission was as niche as it could be, especially with units of PSVR sold (of which I was an owner). The second free bundled tech demo was OK for a haptic/triggers demonstration, and sure the nostalgia was charming. And then there's the pricing model which will be the most deciding factor I think.

I think it will be more interesting to see if it is announced if the traditional VR platform is ditched or like a bolt on optional (like GT7). It would probably speak to the intent of Sony towards PSVR2 (of which again I'm an owner).

As for the rest of the show, guess I'll just wait and see. Concord doesn't interest me at all. Fairgame$ might be worth a look. Not expecting any surprises or bombs though, think it will be the usual solid sneak peeks.

Top Bottom