• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State of Play | May 30, 2024

I thought the show was good. We will still have Concord, Astrobot, Silent Hill 2, Until Dawn for this year, plus Monster Hunter is looking good. That samurai game (new IP) also looked interesting.

Los of new IPs but i'm sure gaf hated this show, lmao.

POKEYCLYDE

Astrobot looked good... but overall, trash State of Play.

Was this their "E3" showcase type thing? I can't see them doing something else in the next 2 weeks... utterly disappointing.

Astray

Astro Bot looks like a genuinely fire game.

Concord is not my thing, but it looked OK.

Surprised at how good Monster Hunter Wilds looks. Capcom continuing to release fire.

Reactions: Isa

Schmendrick

- Concorde.... a garbage tier clone of Overwatch with the Guardians of the Galaxy when you order them from Wish.
- GoW:R.... PC announcement...k
- Dynasty Warriors.... installment 299
- no-name generic Anime crap
- no name generic Souls Ripoff
- something VR
- Another Overwatch clone, but with Marvel License
- Where Winds Meet.... NiOh, but chinese.
- Until Dawn...again
- PoE
- Silent Hill 2 Remake...which doesn`t look terrible at least
- Monster Hunter Wilds...looks cool but also technologically almost completely stagnant....
- Astro Bot----eeeh k.

My expectations were low but holy fuck....
Shocked Oh No GIF by CBC

Last edited:

Valonquar

While I'm sure a lot of that was multiplat, it looked really nice. More coming out this\next year than I expected to be interested in.

SSfox

SH2 looking neat

MHW OMGGGGGGGGG insane

Astro looking incredible

All day one.

The reste tho is ultimate dogshit (until dawn cool game tho but it's just a remaster)

Pasta la Vista

Gold Member
I'm completely out on Silent Hill 2 remake now. Monster Hunter Wilds and Astro Bot for me. Concord is gonna bomb hard, so will that Marvel Rivals game. That market is tapped.

Katajx

Ok, that was better than I expected. They showed a good variety of games big and small, and Astro Bot got my attention more than I thought it would.

Monster Hunter Wilds looks like a nice progression from World. Did Silent Hill 2 actually look better than the last time they showed it? There were some other AA surprises in there I might check out.

Last edited:

Bungie

Didn't see anything I'd really want to play sadly except maybe Monster Hunter.

Last edited:
  • Empathy

sachos

Astrobot looks amazing! Im so glad they are embracing the legacy of the brand with all those guest characters and references. I don't like how the Dualsense and the PS5 are part of the game too, it was fine for the PS5 Demo but now it feels weird.

Varteras

Gold Member
Astro Bot stole my heart. Concord looks really risky. But then again, I thought Helldivers 2 was going to flop.

Nydius

Gold Member
Astro Bot will almost certainly be a day one purchase for me since I loved the original PSVR and then played the absolute shit out of Playroom that came bundled with the PS5.

Only other thing that interested me was Monster Hunter but we already know that’s a 2025 title and probably a mid to late one at that.

Hunnybun

I thought it was good. Astrobot looks great, good that Until Dawn and Silent Hill 2 both launch this year, and most of the other stuff they showed looked at least interesting.

However, I did think Concord looked like the most uninspired shit you could possibly imagine. It looks like something Chat GPT would generate. But then I've no interest in multiplayer anyway, so it's kinda academic.

saintjules

Honest question, why are people excited for Astro Bot? Did you all love the VR game or is a tech demo getting you this excited?

It's the same people who make cringe comments about Knack.

Surprisingly Astro was the best thing they showed here IMO.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Only the wind japanese game and Astro Bot were good

Microsoft is only loosing because it sucks even more than Sony. There's no real greatness from them

Top Bottom