• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State of Play | May 30, 2024

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
funny I thought RE was turning into Silent Hill with VILLAGE
I have played RE VILLAGE but I heard that one is more action packed compare to REVII.

But with SH2 they trying too hard to capture RE2Remake success without realizing SH are much different survival horror games than RE series.

Varteras

Gold Member
Condord risky? thats not what you call a risk. its a trend chaser thats 100% going to flop.

Again, I said Helldivers 2 was going to flop and I was incredibly wrong. So I'm not gonna plant that flag. But you can, sweet cheeks. We can bookmark it. Then later when it's out we can cuddle and talk about it.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
This is just to show what's coming soon-ish.

Well, why is nothing interesting coming anytime soon? We're four years into the generation and Sony has released zero big new games. Zero.

Edit: I guess there's Spider-Man 2. But that's really it.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

I’ll give it a D. Astro bot looked amazing and SH2 had stunning looking visuals. Seriously those character models looked great!

Glasses Cant See GIF by Food Club FOX

Lambogenie

I genuinely can't stand these bullshit cinematic games over and over. I get there's a market, but holy shit thank god for Astro Bot.

Dynasty Warriors and the Chinese game looked aight. Even Marvel Rivals visually looks cool (thank god not the movie-like bullshit designs) but gameplay is OW derivative which isn't bad necessarily (better than whatever Concord was).

I think I'm just old and should play old shit now and indies. just my own personal feelings. People can like the stuff coming, of course.

Reactions: Isa

Isa

I think it just depends on what you're into. For me the show was alright, certainly not great but Astro at the end was very exciting to see, guaranteed Day1 for me. I also really liked a lot of the Asian games shown throughout. I skip VR, glad for those that like it, the beginning was not for me at all but afterword it was pretty interesting. So far most of the others managed to get on my radar. Interested to see how Dynasty Warriors Origins fares this time. I like seeing a real huge army this time. I'm guessing we create a character in this one?

I know Astro is going to be a damn good time though, its super smooth and fun, but man I can't wait to feel the game. One of the few greats with the DualSense. Lots of love letters in the trailer too. Gonna have to do another run through with the last one soon. Need me some S S Deeeeeee.

Nydius

Gold Member
Honest question, why are people excited for Astro Bot? Did you all love the VR game or is a tech demo getting you this excited?

That “tech demo” was a surprising solid, competent, albeit short, platformer. If they take Playroom and expand it to a full length game, it could be amazing.

What Sackboy could have been.

clarky

Gold Member
Again, I said Helldivers 2 was going to flop and I was incredibly wrong. So I'm not gonna plant that flag. But you can, sweet cheeks. We can bookmark it. Then later when it's out we can cuddle and talk about it.
Im going to plant my flag, it will flop. We can hug over its corpse.

Last edited:

MacReady13

I'm still hoping, PRAYING, that Silent Hill 2 is not shit. The original is a top 10 of all time for me. So I am holding out hope they don't completely shit the bed with it.

Astrobot is my type of game! Love any type of platformer and this looked sensational! My only wish was that they could do it like Capcom do with the Resi games- make them playable through VR as well. Other than that, bring on September in a hurry please!!!

Bartski

Gold Member
I think we have now 3 or 4 of those soulsy action gamey asian games in the making with semi anime looking characters that I just keep confusing

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I'm biased. As mainly a PC player, this show was great for me. Not all I wanted, but alot of the games spoke to me. I did wish there was more of the big PS Studios showing stuff, but given they already said no 1st party til 2025...I guess it was just wishful thinking on my part and I won't hold it against Sony.

I was generally impressed just getting to see games, exclusive or not.

Quantum253

Is it me or I thought Concord was supposed to be an awesome space adventure game? Maybe it was because it was around the Starfield event.
Nothing looked good for me except that Astro game. I'm tired of seeing Dark Soul type gameplay/mechanics and Overwatch type shooters

SteadyEvo

Not bad. Best of show was Astrobot for me. Followed by Silent Hill 2, but if it’s pants shitting scary I’ll have to pass. I remember literally dropping my controller and screaming playing PT.

Darsxx82

AstroBot is going to be great, but on a graphic level I thought the jump compared to "the demo" of 2020 that was launched with PS5 would be more noticeable. At first glance it seems more like an expansion. I get the feeling that Sony could repeat the formula and accompany this new AtroBot with a PS5Pro bundle.

From the rest of the SOP... Every time I see those generic Gass 5 vs 5 my soul fades more.

SteadyEvo

They really have. Their marketing department rarely puts together great shows anymore.
They must not feel the need to wow and impress as much anymore with feeling less pressure from Xbox.
None of there big studios showed games so it was ok for what it was.

ThisIsMyDog

People keep forgeting that SH2 remake is not AAA game like Resident Evil 2,3(that one was too short),4. If if costs 30$ i can buy it.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Skydance's Behemoth looked like not what I expected, kinda like Dark Messiah of Might & Magic in VR perhaps. Hopefully has more unique/exciting stuff than the odd giant boss since the common soldier fighting seemed very run of the mill like any random VR arena fighting game taking after Blade & Sorcery, I want a nice campaign, level design, progression & boss fights for VR. Survios' Alien VR thing looked okay but too small glimpse to really tell and last time I had much hope they made the worst TWD VR game that Skydance easily one upped with their own great one instead.

SteadyEvo

That makes it even worse lol
With their big studios absent I thought it was respectable. Y’all acting the show was a disgrace 😆 I’m disappointed to not hear from them to but their track record is solid. Let them cook 👩‍🍳 And be glad they’re not doing GaaS

sncvsrtoip

Concord look trash, SH2 rather mediocre, Astrobot not being hybrid for flat and psvr2 is kiss of death for psvr2 so f you sony

Top Bottom