• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation TV Thread: Vita Who?

I wish they would update the firmware on this thing to include all the PSOne display options the Vita has. I was playing Strider 2 last week and the smeared look and narrow aspect ratio were giving me a headache.

Godcannon

Wow..... I wanted my PS4 in my room and then PSTV downstairs to stream Vue(great service), Netflix, Youtube, Hulu, and whatever else, and the shit is unable to play any of it. What a piece of garbage. I'm either gonna hack the shit out of it out of anger or burn it with fire. I'm so goddamn disappointed.... Another useless hardware gimmick from Sony. As a proud PS owner since 97, I'm not afraid to say YOU ASSHOLES.

#GreatnessDeflates

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Wow..... I wanted my PS4 in my room and then PSTV downstairs to stream Vue(great service), Netflix, Youtube, Hulu, and whatever else, and the shit is unable to play any of it. What a piece of garbage. I'm either gonna hack the shit out of it out of anger or burn it with fire. I'm so goddamn disappointed.... Another useless hardware gimmick from Sony. As a proud PS owner since 97, I'm not afraid to say YOU ASSHOLES.

#GreatnessDeflates

It doesn't play Vue either? LOL, that is horrible.

But can't you use remote play to just connect to the PS4 and stream from your PSTV that way?

NeOak

#GreatnessDeflates

how2HDCP

bobawesome

#GreatnessDeflates

That's all on you for not doing your proper research on the product before buying it.

sono

I travel a lot with my job and take Vita TV with me to play from my hotel room

I play a lot of Destiny remote play to my PS4 back home using it and it works incredibly well.

Recommended for that use case

thenexus6

I just got one today finally for £14 (I used a voucher) mostly to play Persona 4.

First impressions: its pretty nice, but with quite a few annoying faults.

Obviously the games, but little things like..

Not being able to use the headset plugged into the DS4 as a microphone
My Sony gold headset doesn't work either.

So I can't even party up and talk to my friends.

Planet

Yep, that sucks. I got myself a Bluetooth stereo adapter with microphone, turns any set of ear plugs into a headset. Adds a bit of audio latency, but works with game and party audio.

dickroach

so my local Walmart had the PSTV Lego Move VideoGame (PSTV, 8GB memory card, lego game, and sly cooper thieves in time) bundle for $15. what can I do with this thingy?

NeOak

so my local Walmart had the PSTV Lego Move VideoGame (PSTV, 8GB memory card, lego game, and sly cooper thieves in time) bundle for $15. what can I do with this thingy?

Play some Vita Games, Some PSP games, and PS1 games with the DS3 and on a TV.

Tohsaka

Every Vita game I've bought since the PSTV came out except for one has been compatible with it, so I've gotten a ton of use out of it, personally.

uh oh, bad news incoming...

The Walking Dead: Season 2 (June 30) NOT COMPATIBLE (ok, it was released ages ago in the west)

Zero Escape (June 30) NOT COMPATIBLE :(

but a good news :

Caligula (June 23) compatible

sensui-tomo

uh oh, bad news incoming...

Zero Escape (June 30) NOT COMPATIBLE :(
please tell me you have a source for that, otherwise i feel like whatever the current thread for the game should know it doesnt work on vita tv like the previous game does.
Really sucks but hey maybe i should see if my computer can run it. ( i have a vita but this was the game i wanted to run on tv)
please be a region only thing like dangan ronpa is for europe.

RedToad64

please tell me you have a source for that, otherwise i feel like whatever the current thread for the game should know it doesnt work on vita tv like the previous game does.
Really sucks but hey maybe i should see if my computer can run it. ( i have a vita but this was the game i wanted to run on tv)
It should still work on PSTV in North America, at least.

My own source is a reviewer friend who has a review copy already. He's quite annoyed that he can't record footage for his review that way. Hopefully this is fixed by the time the game actually releases.

It should still work on PSTV in North America, at least.

This is North America, by the way.

please be a region only thing like dangan ronpa is for europe.

I just take info from SCEJ official page (link here)
But their info are not always accurate, some months ago something similar happened to Skull Girls 2nd Encore, the game was classified as compatible with Vita TV in the west but SCEJ site was showing the opposite, and only the official japanese page stated that both Vita and Vita TV were compatible.

The problem with Zero Dilemma is that the official page from Spike Chunsoft site doesn't say anything about that ....

At this point let's wait for the release, I will check the back cover on D1, there is a game shop near my work place so I can check directly on June 30

Anywyay, I fear that the game heavily uses the touch screen (and maybe the camera too), so this would mean no Vita TV support.

I just take info from SCEJ official page (link here)
But their info are not always accurate, some months ago something similar happened to Skull Girls 2nd Encore, the game was classified as compatible with Vita TV in the west but SCEJ site was showing the opposite, and only the official japanese page stated that both Vita and Vita TV were compatible.

The problem with Zero Dilemma is that the official page from Spike Chunsoft site doesn't say anything about that ....

At this point let's wait for the release, I will check the back cover on D1, there is a game shop near my work place so I can check directly on June 30

Anywyay, I fear that the game heavily uses the touch screen (and maybe the camera too), so this would mean no Vita TV support.
I'm sure it uses touch screen for the puzzles, but so did VLR, so that in itself isn't a blocker. No idea about camera, but given there's a Steam version I doubt it.

I'm sure it uses touch screen for the puzzles, but so did VLR, so that in itself isn't a blocker. No idea about camera, but given there's a Steam version I doubt it.

I see, anyway SCEJ site is not 100% accurate (see Skull Girls) so let's take their info with a grain of salt

10 days and we'll have the answer :)

Requeim

I was just about to pre-order ZE3 specifically to play it on my PSTV. I doubt it will be incompatible, but it would really suck if it was. Hopefully we can get some kind of confirmation either way really soon.

Shizuka

I believe Aksys confirmed ZTD to be PSTV-compatible, that's why we usually wait until launch before confirming something that can't be confirmed from review copies. Not the first time a company would whitelist/release a compatibility patch at launch.

IamAwake

I believe Aksys confirmed ZTD to be PSTV-compatible, that's why we usually wait until launch before confirming something that can't be confirmed from review copies. Not the first time a company would whitelist/release a compatibility patch at launch.

I emailed Aksys about this, it will be compatible after it releases on June 28th not before.

I actually just tried the game on my PSTV, it is imcompatible at the moment, but should work on the 28th.

Shizuka

I emailed Aksys about this, it will be compatible after it releases on June 28th not before.

I actually just tried the game on my PSTV, it is imcompatible at the moment, but should work on the 28th.

Exactly, they confirmed compatibility ahead of launch, no need to confirm that's not compatible before launch.

thenexus6

This is cute

https://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/4xjcdj/i_made_a_custom_20th_anniversary_vita_tv_wish/

lKM5rmx.jpg

Mr Rivuz

Video services can't be used through remote play.
Was just about to buy one to stream stuff like wwe network and netflix from my ps4 to another room of my house, they wouldn't work then?
Thanks god i checked this topic before buying, dodged a bullet. A cheap one, true, but i'll gladly spend those 30€ on something else...

oni-link

Few questions:

Can you use a DS3 with PSTV?

If so and it's set up next to a PS3 can you use the same controller for both or will this cause problems? (when I use my DS3 on PC it turns my PS3 on if it's not unplugged)

Can you switch one memory card between a Vita and a PSTV and pick up/resume games from where you left off?

Can you get streaming apps like Netflix on PSTV?

Shizuka

Few questions:

Can you use a DS3 with PSTV?

If so and it's set up next to a PS3 can you use the same controller for both or will this cause problems? (when I use my DS3 on PC it turns my PS3 on if it's not unplugged)

Can you switch one memory card between a Vita and a PSTV and pick up/resume games from where you left off?

Can you get streaming apps like Netflix on PSTV?

Yes.

No problem, you sync it by attaching the USB cable onto the device.

Yes, you can.

No, not right now.

Intel_89

Can someone reccomend me a 3rd party DS3 that works with the PS TV?

I have one that doesn't work with it and I'd prefer to pay for a cheap alternative than have to sync my DS4 everytime I want to play on it.

ghibli99

Got one of these for free at work today. Don't know a thing about it, but based on some of the posts in here, I'm not sure if I should get my hopes up. Free is free though, so it'll be educational if anything!

J-Skee

Got one of these for free at work today. Don't know a thing about it, but based on some of the posts in here, I'm not sure if I should get my hopes up. Free is free though, so it'll be educational if anything!

If you're the type of person who gets PS+ games every month, you already have a nice library to play with.

NeOak

Or you can force update it to 3.60 and use homebrew on it

DeathPeak

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I need some help. Just picked one of these up yesterday. I've tried to "register" my PS3 to my PSTV, but it's not showing up in the content manager when I try to connect to it. The PS3 is set to "On" to connect to PS Vita. Both are logged into the same PSN and both are on the same network. Any reason why it wouldn't show up? Do they need to be next to each other? They're in separate rooms. The PSTV isn't "activated" yet, could that be it? The internet hasn't been helpful. And in case anyone asks, I don't have a PS Vita.

NeOak

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I need some help. Just picked one of these up yesterday. I've tried to "register" my PS3 to my PSTV, but it's not showing up in the content manager when I try to connect to it. The PS3 is set to "On" to connect to PS Vita. Both are logged into the same PSN and both are on the same network. Any reason why it wouldn't show up? Do they need to be next to each other? They're in separate rooms. The PSTV isn't "activated" yet, could that be it? The internet hasn't been helpful. And in case anyone asks, I don't have a PS Vita.

Probably it is that it isn't activated.

If you are trying to use it for Homebrew, that is a different story.

Top Bottom