• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation TV Thread: Vita Who?

I already did that. I was hoping someone here has tried Gurumin and could confirm that it comes up as "this game is incompatibile" or not since it can be downloaded directly on the PS TV PSN without needing to use PS3 transfer. And just because it shows up as compatible on the Vita PSP list does not ensure it being playable on the PS TV. ie: Dracula X Chronicles US, Sega Genesis Collection, and a few others.

But yeah, Gurumin definitely comes up as playable on the Vita itself according to lists but I can't find one confirmation of it working on PS TV.

My bad, I didn't even know some games were like that. Sony is crazy...

awp69

Anyone know if Mighty Flip Champs DX is PS TV compatible? Apparently the dev, Wayforward, is celebrating 25 years of making games and it will be among a set of freebies from 3/10-3/17.

It's not on the "official" list and I had trouble finding it on the store, but did find it in a search. Also tied to buy it just to see if it would throw up an incompatible message. It didn't. Of course, I cancelled but was wondering if anyone can confirm that it does work.

Ekir

another question, if i buy danganronpa retail, would it work without a US/ JP PSN acc?

As long as it is an US/JPN copy you should have no problem, doesnt mind if your account region is any other (EU for example). In fact I am in the same situation and imported the US version.

animax

Was thinking about grabbing one of these, why is it that only select games work?

The official reason is because vita games were designed/made with vita hardware in mind (i.e the touchscreen, the back-touch, the front camera etc) which the PStv doesn't natively have.

The actual reason is because sony uses a whitelist (list of games officially deemed compatible) to determine what can be played - even though there are plenty of other "non-compatible" games that would/should work

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Anyone know if Mighty Flip Champs DX is PS TV compatible? Apparently the dev, Wayforward, is celebrating 25 years of making games and it will be among a set of freebies from 3/10-3/17.

It's not on the "official" list and I had trouble finding it on the store, but did find it in a search. Also tied to buy it just to see if it would throw up an incompatible message. It didn't. Of course, I cancelled but was wondering if anyone can confirm that it does work.

I believe it works-- let me load it up and confirm.

EDIT: Confirmed working. U.S. version, just in case!

Does anyone know if Gurumin for PSP works on US PSTV? I have been googling for an answer but can't find anything. It would be nice to have alongside my other Falcom games. It comes up via search, but it's not listed under the classics. If someone has it and can confirm if it does or doesn't I would appreciate it.

Unfortunately, I just tried it, and the answer is no, Gurumin does not presently work.

Dezner

Tell me how the game looks on the big screen if you do, I'm tempted.

I'm tempted as well! I need a good excuse to hook my PSTV up for the first time since receiving it recently! :3

I never did get very far with the WiiWare version of the game. :(

I had a question, if I bought 2 vita tv and planning to use just my 1 psn account with all the games I already owned, can I activate and deactivate my vita tv between the 2 of them with no limitation?

jkh33

I had a question, if I bought 2 vita tv and planning to use just my 1 psn account with all the games I already owned, can I activate and deactivate my vita tv between the 2 of them with no limitation?

You can have up to three Vita/Vita TVs activated on a single PSN account.

awp69

With the current sale, I was looking at Rainbow Moon.

Any thoughts on it?

BTW, I tried to download the demo (got online since it isn't listed on the PS TV store) and it keeps stopping around 444 MB due to some kind of ttimeout. It's not my connection though. I redownloaded an even larger game and it worked first time.

EDIT: Got some feedback from the PS+ thread. Sounds extremely grindy, freemiumish and ultimately boring. So I think I'll pass.

Palom

With the current sale, I was looking at Rainbow Moon.

Any thoughts on it?

BTW, I tried to download the demo (got online since it isn't listed on the PS TV store) and it keeps stopping around 444 MB due to some kind of ttimeout. It's not my connection though. I redownloaded an even larger game and it worked first time.

EDIT: Got some feedback from the PS+ thread. Sounds extremely grindy, freemiumish and ultimately boring. So I think I'll pass.
I'm trying to play through it right now, and it is awful. If you want to spend an extra $15 on microtransactions, you can eliminate the grinding, which might make it bearable, but it is terrible by itself. I'm about 15 hours in, and have spent about 2/3 of the time grinding, if not more. It feels like a 10-15 hour game that has been spread out to about 60 or more with grinding. Enemies are unfairly difficult to force you to grind or buy the shit from PSN that actually lets you upgrade as you level. Where I'm at right now, most enemies have long range poison attacks, and each hit of poison does 25-30% damage, and inventory is so limited that I can't bring enough items to combat it. Using an SRPG battle system, the fights are way too long for how little you're rewarded. Also, the English translation is terrible. It was translated by someone that does not fluently speak English, so the grammar is nonsensical quite often.

awp69

I'm trying to play through it right now, and it is awful. If you want to spend an extra $15 on microtransactions, you can eliminate the grinding, which might make it bearable, but it is terrible by itself. I'm about 15 hours in, and have spent about 2/3 of the time grinding, if not more. It feels like a 10-15 hour game that has been spread out to about 60 or more with grinding. Enemies are unfairly difficult to force you to grind or buy the shit from PSN that actually lets you upgrade as you level. Where I'm at right now, most enemies have long range poison attacks, and each hit of poison does 25-30% damage, and inventory is so limited that I can't bring enough items to combat it. Using an SRPG battle system, the fights are way too long for how little you're rewarded. Also, the English translation is terrible. It was translated by someone that does not fluently speak English, so the grammar is nonsensical quite often.

Yeah, sounds like a definite no-go for me, I do a lot of mobile gaming and there are plenty of JRPGs that fit that description but plenty more that don't. So I don't need a grindy F2P style game with a price tag.

Haven't had Persona 4 Golden for a week and I've already sunk 58 hours into it. This is the best game I've played in a very long time. Also picked up a copy of Final Fantasy X/X2 from GameStop the other day.

Just grabbed one of these little guys, really rather enjoying it so far. I do wish I could play Wipeout and Ratchet & Clank though.

Does anyone know anything about local multiplayer on these things? I know you can play games ad hoc with a vita, but are there any PSTV compatible games that support more than one controller?

Just grabbed one of these little guys, really rather enjoying it so far. I do wish I could play Wipeout and Ratchet & Clank though.

Does anyone know anything about local multiplayer on these things? I know you can play games ad hoc with a vita, but are there any PSTV compatible games that support more than one controller?

Nidhogg is suppose to. Some other indies too I think.

awp69

Anyone know if Sly Cooper: Collection works? I see Thieves in Time on the compatible list, but not collection even though I'm sure the controls have to be similar.

Bought a digital code off of eBay (haven't gotten it yet) and am now worried I just paid for nothing.

shandy706

Guys, is there any reason (outside of better design) to buy a DS4 over the DS3?

I got my Vita TV today, so I'm starting from scratch as far as knowing how to use it.

I do have a Vita already...can they interact?

Any info/help is welcome!

Anyone know if Sly Cooper: Collection works? I see Thieves in Time on the compatible list, but not collection even though I'm sure the controls have to be similar.

Bought a digital code off of eBay (haven't gotten it yet) and am now worried I just paid for nothing.

Last I heard, the Sly Cooper collection was not compatible. Maybe something has changed though? As far as I'm aware, there shouldn't be a reason why it shouldn't be compatible even though it is/was.

Lucifon

Just grabbed one of these for £62, should be arriving today. What games work well with the PSTV (UK)? Persona 4 was the biggest reason for buying this as I couldn't get into it on a small screen, but I've also ordered Freedom Wars and Tales of Hearts arriving today.

Super pissed that Danganronpa EU won't work on this thing, like P4 I couldn't get into it on the small screen :(

eastx

Rogue Legacy and Flame Over are great choices if you like rogue-lites. Senran Kagura and Akiba's Strip (raunchy beat 'em ups) play well on PS TV too.

nullpoynter

I picked up the Vita TV during the Amazon lightening deal, and so far I'm really loving it. I do have a question though. I've been playing Counterspy on it and I've noticed some serious issues with input lag. At first I thought it was just the game, but after exiting the game I've had the same issue on the dashboard. Now maybe the game was still eating up resources or something. After doing a complete power cycle everything seemed okay, but I still notice lag on occasion. Does anyone else experience this?

NeOak

I picked up the Vita TV during the Amazon lightening deal, and so far I'm really loving it. I do have a question though. I've been playing Counterspy on it and I've noticed some serious issues with input lag. At first I thought it was just the game, but after exiting the game I've had the same issue on the dashboard. Now maybe the game was still eating up resources or something. After doing a complete power cycle everything seemed okay, but I still notice lag on occasion. Does anyone else experience this?

Are you using a DS3 or DS4?

Do you keep it plugged in or use it wireless for playing?

I know it may seem unlikely, but it is bluetooth after all.

oddington

Banned
I've been wanting a PS TV for a while, does anyone know what a "good" price would be in the UK? I always assume there's somewhere pricing it cheaper than RRP.

My Vita goes totally neglected these days, I think a Vita TV will give some life back to a library I barely touch. Sure, a lot of games might not work but I know at least of a handful I already own that'll be fine.

So, guys, suggestions, advice?

LAM09

I've been wanting a PS TV for a while, does anyone know what a "good" price would be in the UK? I always assume there's somewhere pricing it cheaper than RRP.

My Vita goes totally neglected these days, I think a Vita TV will give some life back to a library I barely touch. Sure, a lot of games might not work but I know at least of a handful I already own that'll be fine.

So, guys, suggestions, advice?

I got one shipped from VGP. It's probably the best price around (around £50 with shipping).

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/playstation-system-p-21925.html

Top Bottom