• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation TV Thread: Vita Who?

thenexus6

I found a PSTV on eBay ending in 20 hours at £25. I put an impulse bid on, will probably be outbid but won't go much higher.

Now I have way better internet I am curious if the streaming will actually work in my house, plus I would like to continue Persona 4 Golden. I got it with a vita in the summer but found the vita so uncomfortable to hold (even with a grip) I got rid of it.

MrBenchmark

I found a PSTV on eBay ending in 20 hours at £25. I put an impulse bid on, will probably be outbid but won't go much higher.

Now I have way better internet I am curious if the streaming will actually work in my house, plus I would like to continue Persona 4 Golden. I got it with a vita in the summer but found the vita so uncomfortable to hold (even with a grip) I got rid of it.

Your internet speed has no bearing on the in house performance of the PSTV with PS4.

My house is full gigabit wiring , switches, router and everything is hardwired and remote play is flawless. Prioritizing lan side traffic and good equipment that can handle internal traffic properly is what matters.

MrBenchmark

Well, when I had the vita the remote play was shockingly bad it was unplayable. I assume it was down to my terrible connection.

Vita wifi chip is garbage. And that still is an equipment issue not your internet speed. If your routers wifi chip isn't good and the routers wifi traffic isn't managed right remote play in house suffers. Reserving ip's and traffic prioritizing is so key, also if 2.4 is crowded near you the interference really screws with the vita.

OmegaDL50

So do any games support multiple controllers?

Guilty Gear XX AC+ is one of them. Probably multiplayer PSX games as well.

and they never made Dracula X Chronicles compatible >_>

It apparently is compatible in Europe but not the US.

I still think a warning message stating "This game may not be compatible with your system / region, Confirm load Yes / No?" is infinitely more preferable then this pathetic whitelist garbage.

Customers should have the option of a choice, not the decisions decided for them.

Vashetti

Banned
I noticed that Sony removed the PS TV compatibility list from their support site. Yet another sad sign that they gave up on this thing. And they're just keeping the Vita itself on life support.

Disgraceful, further cements my decision not to buy this. If Sony won't give a fuck, why should I?

I'll stick to the actual Vita that can play every game.

I noticed that Sony removed the PS TV compatibility list from their support site. Yet another sad sign that they gave up on this thing. And they're just keeping the Vita itself on life support.

It served its purpose as my Persona box. Anything else is just extra for me.

Guilty Gear XX AC+ is one of them. Probably multiplayer PSX games as well.

It apparently is compatible in Europe but not the US.

I still think a warning message stating "This game may not be compatible with your system / region, Confirm load Yes / No?" is infinitely more preferable then this pathetic whitelist garbage.

Customers should have the option of a choice, not the decisions decided for them.

So does this mean if I load a Europe account and buy it digital from the EU PStore it will work? or would I need a Euro PSTV?

I've got 11 physical Vita games and 6 of them are Vita TV compatible according to Wikipedia, which is more than I remember. But last time I checked the official site had the list and there were less. Not sure how many of my digital games are compatible. I'd get one if I saw it cheap enough.

awp69

I was wondering if Gravity Rush either was planned to be compatible or they're working on it. I bought it during the flash sale since it was only $.81 figuring I'd take a chance if it would one day be compatible.

Anyway, when I went to my download list it let me download it. I thought it was odd because usually incompatible games will just have the message that it cannot be used with this system.

Of course, when I went to play it, I then got a incompatible message.

Really hope that the fact that It was downloadable from the store means it may become compatible. Doubtful, but I can dream.

I was wondering if Gravity Rush either was planned to be compatible or they're working on it. I bought it during the flash sale since it was only $.81 figuring I'd take a chance if it would one day be compatible.

Anyway, when I went to my download list it let me download it. I thought it was odd because usually incompatible games will just have the message that it cannot be used with this system.

Of course, when I went to play it, I then got a incompatible message.

Really hope that the fact that It was downloadable from the store means it may become compatible. Doubtful, but I can dream.
Considering that a remaster on PS4 is likely (there's a thread about it), I doubt we will see a PSTV compatibility patch.

awp69

Anyone know how to disable wireless? I have my PSTV wired but for some reason it always switches to wireless when doing remote play, which gives me a crappy connection.

Lucifon

Caved in and bought one just a few hours ago, along with all the Personas. It's basically going to be my PSone Classic/Persona machine.
This is what I use mine for, and I'm fine with that for the money :) the girlfriend loved being able to play Crash together. I'll get some other classics to keep her happy next time a sale comes.

Anyone know how to disable wireless? I have my PSTV wired but for some reason it always switches to wireless when doing remote play, which gives me a crappy connection.

You can't. It's always on.

To prevent the PSTV from prioritizing the wireless connection, go into your PS4 remote play settings and turn off the option to directly connect with a PSTV or Vita. This will force any remote play connections to be routed through your router, giving your PSTV no other choice but to go wired.

If I say up my Vita and my Vita TV to have the same account can I have a memory card in each with the same games?

I.e. my copy of Muramasa is on both?

If I could can I play them at the same time?

Shizuka

If I say up my Vita and my Vita TV to have the same account can I have a memory card in each with the same games?

I.e. my copy of Muramasa is on both?

If I could can I play them at the same time?

You can for all of them, except that you can't be logged in online at the same time, i.e. you can't play online games with both systems at the same time.

awp69

You can't. It's always on.

To prevent the PSTV from prioritizing the wireless connection, go into your PS4 remote play settings and turn off the option to directly connect with a PSTV or Vita. This will force any remote play connections to be routed through your router, giving your PSTV no other choice but to go wired.

Thanks. Have to give that a shot. I don't even know why they would make it so that wireless could trump a hardline. A wired connection would always be better.

MikeyB

Remote play really isn't bad (for me).

My PS TV is in my girlfriend's apartment, while my PS4 is in my apartment in an adjacent but separate building.

I played Pix the Cat, Rogue Legacy, and Dead Nation remotely with visual quality set to high and did not experience noticeable lag. I'm going to try Killzone and Black Flag over the next couple of nights and will report back.

Edzi

Aw, lame. I haven't used mine in a while, so I hoped they had added that in by now. I'm kinda considering "upgrading" to an actual Vita soon, so I was thinking about other ways to use the PSTV... Looks like it won't be getting used as a streaming box just yet though.

Ekir

Any stealth updates for the pstv?
Sony wireless gold support?
Anything?

From the blog, posted recently

PlayStation Vita and PlayStation App for smartphones and tablets will also receive system software updates tonight, adding complementary features to those added to PS4. PS Vita update version 3.50 and PlayStation App update version 2.50 will add new accessibility options, including enlarged text, increased contrast and more. This update also enables PS Vita to support 60 fps streaming for Remote Play***.

(....)

***A sufficiently robust wi-fi connection is required.

Its for both vita and PSTV if im not wrong.

dorikyasu

How does PS tv compare to ps3 for streaming media? I want to get rid of my ps3. Should I just buy a chromecast instead?
I would recommend to keep PS3 if you want the one of the better streaming media experience. PSTV ranks near the bottom due to lack of support from pretty much all major streaming apps.

How does PS tv compare to ps3 for streaming media? I want to get rid of my ps3. Should I just buy a chromecast instead?

If media streaming is a priority then the PSTV shouldn't even be considered, Chromecast would definitely be the way to go. (Though the PS3 is still one of the best media devices out there.)

Kowalski

Banned
The TV part of PSTV is pretty much meaningless since it doesnt support video streaming apps.

I guess all it means that you can connect this Vita device to the TV.

This has been a wasted purchase for me. Looks pretty terrible on the big TV, support's been mediocre at best. Could have been something really cool, but it's really not.

Glad others are enjoying it, but it's going into the bucket of broken dreams with my Nvidia Shield and NeoGeo X Gold.

Vashetti

Banned
Well, going against what I said earlier, but the pricecut has got me wanting one of these.

Hopefully that new pricepoint gives the system a new lease of life.

Shauni

I've enjoyed my PSTV pretty well. Admittedly, though, P4G is the only native Vita game I actually have at this point, but it's been great going back to playing some of the PS1 classics I've been wanting to revisit, but can't due to letting my cousin use my PS3 now. I wish Silent Hill had been compatible, though.

Top Bottom