• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

ash_ag

Pokken is coming in July yet we still don't know the full roster.

Tekken 7 is out, and we still don't know the full roster. :p

The retail version of Pokkén is going to be really interesting. I hope they add story cutscenes similar to Tekken's. The world they've developed is so nice -- shame if they don't make use of it.

spiritfox

Tekken 7 is out, and we still don't know the full roster. :p

The retail version of Pokkén is going to be really interesting. I hope they add story cutscenes similar to Tekken's. The world they've developed is so nice -- shame if they don't make use of it.

I hope we get to throw Pokemon into volcanos.

ash_ag

Wait, how could Tekken 7 be out and still not have a full roster?

They're updating the game to include more characters. Some of them were data mined, but others (like Yoshimitsu) became known first through the update. Plus they indeed do add new characters in the console versions, although I think most/all of them will be in the arcade version already this time.

I've got a lot of battles saved on my vs recorder. I want to start a new game. Can I move my battle files to my pc, start a new game, then move those battle videos back to my sd card?

I know the videos will not work on pc but I just want to use the pc as a temporary place for the videos while I start a new game. Is this possible?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
8a3.gif

backlot

I've got a lot of battles saved on my vs recorder. I want to start a new game. Can I move my battle files to my pc, start a new game, then move those battle videos back to my sd card?

I know the videos will not work on pc but I just want to use the pc as a temporary place for the videos while I start a new game. Is this possible?
I don't think so. You can upload the videos and write down the codes. After you start your new file you can enter the battle codes and download them.

oh boy shipping wars tomorrow

they're revealing a pokken character?

"Pokkén Tournament - Livestream

A new livestream for Pokkén Tournament has been announced. Following the play tests at the Pokémon Centers across Japan the past month, this livestream is due to run on Friday July 3rd at 12:00 BST, 13:00 CEST, 20:00 JST, 07:00 EDT and 04:00 PDT on NicoNico and will reveal the release date of the game as well as new information & Pokémon. It will also feature a tournament of their guests playing with Gengar and the newly announced playable Pokémon. We'll bring full details as it airs"

from Serebii.

I don't think so. You can upload the videos and write down the codes. After you start your new file you can enter the battle codes and download them.

Seems like my best bet.

I did however find a lot of files on the SD card that seem to correspond with my Y version. I put them on my pc just in case.

Regiruler

Charizard fetishism knows no bounds

Black and White had it right in not relying on nostalgia to drive the generation, hence an entirely new pokedex

Boss Doggie

Charizard fetishism knows no bounds

Black and White had it right in not relying on nostalgia to drive the generation, hence an entirely new pokedex

Except they did it by going for "expies", hence why some of them are kinda let-down.

Once again my local gamestop pulls a miracle for me. Found a copy of heartgold there for 30.

edit: Bleh, only a 3 badge data on it. Nothing worthwhile to grab. Oh well time to start my own data. Never actually had a proper playthrough of HG.

Boss Doggie

so I really wonder if TPC really intentionally named the two lead characters in the new movie as Mary and an alternative name for Peter being related to Arceus.

Boss Doggie

So someone got invited to a special movie screening of the movie + short.

Next movie is apparently Zygarde.

Qurupeke

Are the last few movies any good? I've yet to watch anything after Zoroark, that I didn't enjoy very much.

Also obligatory ranks:

1) First Movie: Great and classic.
2) Lugia Movie: I'd say okay to goodish.
3) Entei Movie: Surprisingly, very good and Entei despite being a bland Pokemon is really awesome in the movie. I'd say one of my favourites.
4) Celebi Movie: Good, I liked it a lot.
5) Pokemon Heroes: Baaad.
6) Jirachi Movie: So and so, I like it a bit.
7) Deoxys Movie: Pretty good and it also has Rayquaza vs Deoxys so I can't dislike it.
8) Lucario Movie: I liked it a lot and the whole story was interesting and not that typical for a Pokemon movie.
9)Manaphy Movie: Awful.
10) Darkrai Movie: One of my favorites, just for the whole scale of it. Pokemon were really legendary on this one.
11)Shaymin Movie: Ugh... Probably the worst along with Heroes.
12) Arceus Movie: I liked it, same reason as the Darkrai movie.
13) Zoroark: I was pretty hyped about this but it was kinda mediocre.

Not sure if Victini movie is any good but I kinda hate that it's two movies with the same story pretty much. Kyurem movie might be good but it doesn't seem that interesting. And Diancie, Gensect seem to be bad movies? I'm not sure. I wouldn't expect much from the movies generally, but I kinda hate that most of them are pretty much the same. Ash and co. find a Pokemon that is a small Mythical one and then it ultimately saves the day from the bigger bad, usually a Pokemon controlled by someone.

Boss Doggie

Diancie movie was fine for what it is, a bit bloated but it has one of the better legendary focused films. Watch it subbed though.

Billyman

Neo Member
Hell if I know haha. Pokémon is the exception. Other turn-based games just bore me.
With XY2016 movie with Zygarde confirmed for next year (probably summer), I think it's safe to say that they're going to use it to promote XZ/YZ for a November release. What do you think? Is there a still a chance for a reveal in August and release in February?

I'm shocked that some people in that one thread seem to think that making a Pokemon game where you level slowly is a good idea.

...I think I'll stay out of that thread from now on for the sake of my sanity.

I'm shocked that some people in that one thread seem to think that making a Pokemon game where you level slowly is a good idea.

What's the context/thread? Because I wouldn't mind gaining levels a tad slower compared to how quick and easy it is with the latter entries (Exp. All off or on, even).

brinstar

Haha, I can't do Pokemon threads on this board after the first few pages. It always ends up veering into the same "MMORPG! GEN ONE/TWO WAS THE BEST! WHY NO CONSOLE VERSION? EVERY REGION SHOULD BE IN I CLEARLY HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO DESIGN A VIDEO GAME" bullshit. We could make a bingo sheet.

With XY2016 movie with Zygarde confirmed for next year (probably summer), I think it's safe to say that they're going to use it to promote XZ/YZ for a November release. What do you think? Is there a still a chance for a reveal in August and release in February?

Zygarde is probably the most boring legendary thus far, despite it's pretty cool design. I hope they do something cool with it in the movie.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The previous most boring legendary was Kyurem, who was changed up for the third version games with his gimmick. This time I imagine they'll just do an X and Y mega form.

JoeM86

I think so, yeah.

They can have Volcanion and whatever new form they have in it and use Volcanion to promote the games still. Akin to Hoopa Unbound now and/or Black 2 & White 2 which also came out before the movie.

I'm just hopeful. This dead year is killing me. The last year off at least had the west getting the game, but here it's nothing and I'm getting bored. Gives me time to do my new layout, sure, but aside from the weekly Shuffle stuff there's little to do.

Top Bottom