• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

JoeM86

Personally speaking, the presence of Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon at the start of 2016 in Europe has given my hopes of a proper RPG then a hell of a knock. I don't see why NoE would deliberately hold a Pokémon game back if a main series game is coming at that point.

The more I think about it, the more Autumn 2016 sounds likely.

Yeah I think you may be right.

Ah well, more time to work on my new layout :p

Busaiku

3DS is definitely being replaced next year.
NX is without a doubt the 3DS successor, whether it is also the Wii U successor is another matter, but it baffles me that people expect the Wii U successor before the 3DS successor.

This is why I don't see next year's game during Fall.
3DS isn't strong enough for another Black 2.
Especially since I think the next Nintendo systems will not have BC, so they can adopt more modern architecture.

3DS is definitely being replaced next year.
NX is without a doubt the 3DS successor, whether it is also the Wii U successor is another matter, but it baffles me that people expect the Wii U successor before the 3DS successor.

I expect them both at the same time and some other SKUs besides that, but we don't know enough about the overall package to say anything decisive.

This is why I don't see next year's game during Fall.
3DS isn't strong enough for another Black 2.

You've got a fair point, and the likely lack of backwards compatibility between the NX and the 3DS makes the comparison even less helpful, but I'm just not feeling a early 2016 launch, and I think Nintendo's release schedule really isn't pointing towards one. Either we're getting an Autumn game on the 3DS, or its skipping another year, and I don't think that's credible.

Eh, who knows. Maybe Game Freak have decided to be uncharacteristically proactive, and are establishing Pokémon on the new hardware close to launch with the end of Gen VI. It's too early to say.

I'm sorry, I had just woken up and read your post wrong, I thought you were saying NX would come out in 2017 or 2018, lol.

Ha, no problem. I'm feeling a little smug, because I was banging the "NX in 2016" drum before it was cool. :D

ash_ag

Okay guys, I'm beginning to lose it.

Look what Sugimori posted on Twitter. As you can see, Gym Leaders are lined up in the order they appear. Except under Brock is '2'.

Then he follows up with this. And holy shit! The first Gym Leader was originally not Brock!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

KVQ7cNg.jpg

He does (kinda) have Gio's pose, indicating he may have been the Viridian GL originally.

BVu2TQp.png

Really interesting. Wonder how things changed with Team Rocket and Giovanni.

Nightbird

Okay guys, I'm beginning to lose it.

Look what Sugimori posted on Twitter. As you can see, Gym Leaders are lined up in the order they appear. Except under Brock is '2'.

Then he follows up with this. And holy shit! The first Gym Leader was originally not Brock!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

KVQ7cNg.jpg

He does (kinda) have Gio's pose, indicating he may have been the Viridian GL originally.

BVu2TQp.png

Really interesting. Wonder how things changed with Team Rocket and Giovanni.

Well that explains why the Viridian Gym was the first one you came across.

Personally speaking, the presence of Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon at the start of 2016 in Europe has given my hopes of a proper RPG then a hell of a knock. I don't see why NoE would deliberately hold a Pokémon game back if a main series game is coming at that point.

The more I think about it, the more Autumn 2016 sounds likely.
Clearly we need to make a petition asking for Super Mystery Dungeon to be cancelled.

Cindro

My sister and mom and I are going to the Pokemon Symphonic Evolutions concert tomorrow, hooray!

For those who have been, what's the merch scene like? Any awesome exclusive shirts or plushies or anything?

ash_ag

Mz2PZCB.jpg

Misty figure by Premium Bandai confirmed. Looks like they'll be doing all of them! Hope they go even beyond Kanto after they're done.

Is there a journal in Pokémon Saphire so I can figure out what to do next?

I open the game up I have 5 badges and I'm in Lili cove with no clue what to do next. I took a Pokemon break like 2 months ago to play other stuff.

All my pokes are Level 46.

ash_ag

watch as certain fans interpret it as "the dream is alive!"

In regards to a remake? If anything, the combination of this with Origins in 2013, the coverage of RGB Pokémon in XY, and the fact that we only just got another remake makes the "dream" of a second RGB remake pretty unlikely. They're covering the content of the original games one way or another.

It's time to return to Kanto, but not rehash the same old content. This is the 20th Anniversary after all -- they should update the region, the Gym Leader roster, and bring out a new story. If we were lucky, we could even get new Pokémon that appear native to Kanto, but alas, the more time passes without indication for coverage of the Kalos leftovers, the less likely this seems.

Is there a journal in Pokémon Saphire so I can figure out what to do next?

I open the game up I have 5 badges and I'm in Lili cove with no clue what to do next. I took a Pokemon break like 2 months ago to play other stuff.

All my pokes are Level 46.

Sounds like you skipped Winona, so you probably need to return to Fortree.

Firestorm

My sister and mom and I are going to the Pokemon Symphonic Evolutions concert tomorrow, hooray!

For those who have been, what's the merch scene like? Any awesome exclusive shirts or plushies or anything?
They had a Pokemon Symphony t-shirt and two different posters at the Premier last year in DC. No plush or anything. Had some expensive themed drinks as well.

Nightbird

How about a Kanto Sequel in the 2016 Game?

Johto is included, but you start again in Kanto, let's say 20 years after the Events of the original R/B.

With new Cities, changes in Gym Leadership and Top 4 Members, the Region has become lager and more popular than ever before. Due the huge Wave of Tourism from Trainers of other Regions, non-native Pokémon and Mega-Evolution have found their Way to get there.

As for the Threat, let's go back to the basics: A evil Group is trying to make use from the Tourism to have easy opportunities to steal Pokémon from all over the World in one Region. Their Members infiltrated many public Services and other Locations where lot's of People and Tourists are. At First there's a small Number of Complaints, but as you progress trough the Story, those complaints not only become bigger in Number, but also more severe, as far as some Mega-Stones also got stolen. Each City got their own "Mini-Boss" with a Mega-Pokémon that you've got to beat, and in the End, just before you face the Pokémon League, you'll meet the big Boss, who personally wanted to take care of the strong Trainers who gathered there.

To make the Story extra meaty, a second Storyline reveals itself when you complete the Nationaldex (wich should be 150 again), that the Guy you have beaten was actually the Vice-Boss. The true Boss has stolen Prof. Oaks Research Data of eveything he had, including the Pokémon Data you collected from him and is intending to sell it to other organizations across the Globe. He fled to Johto, and you have to chase him. But here you have to deal with Grunts from every Region from the Main Series, all working together to stop you, since they all know by know how dangerous a small Kid can be. At the End you Face off against every Boss from every Team, and at the very End you have the final encounter with the Big Boss, who at that Point should be equally as powerful as Red on Mt. Silver was.

Well that would be my attempt on a Game celebrating the 20th Anniversary of the Pokémon Franchise. How does it sound to you Guys?

Vylash

How about a Kanto Sequel in the 2016 Game?

Johto is included, but you start again in Kanto, let's say 20 years after the Events of the original R/B.

With new Cities, changes in Gym Leadership and Top 4 Members, the Region has become lager and more popular than ever before. Due the huge Wave of Tourism from Trainers of other Regions, non-native Pokémon and Mega-Evolution have found their Way to get there.

As for the Threat, let's go back to the basics: A evil Group is trying to make use from the Tourism to have easy opportunities to steal Pokémon from all over the World in one Region. Their Members infiltrated many public Services and other Locations where lot's of People and Tourists are. At First there's a small Number of Complaints, but as you progress trough the Story, those complaints not only become bigger in Number, but also more severe, as far as some Mega-Stones also got stolen. Each City got their own "Mini-Boss" with a Mega-Pokémon that you've got to beat, and in the End, just before you face the Pokémon League, you'll meet the big Boss, who personally wanted to take care of the strong Trainers who gathered there.

To make the Story extra meaty, a second Storyline reveals itself when you complete the Nationaldex (wich should be 150 again), that the Guy you have beaten was actually the Vice-Boss. The true Boss has stolen Prof. Oaks Research Data of eveything he had, including the Pokémon Data you collected from him and is intending to sell it to other organizations across the Globe. He fled to Johto, and you have to chase him. But here you have to deal with Grunts from every Region from the Main Series, all working together to stop you, since they all know by know how dangerous a small Kid can be. At the End you Face off against every Boss from every Team, and at the very End you have the final encounter with the Big Boss, who at that Point should be equally as powerful as Red on Mt. Silver was.

Well that would be my attempt on a Game celebrating the 20th Anniversary of the Pokémon Franchise. How does it sound to you Guys?

alternate idea: a full rpg based off of the R/G/B arc of the Pokemon Special manga

JoeM86

Chances are that it'll just be an enhanced/sequel of XY, but with a bit more fanservice to the series as a whole, like maybe Blue can be found in it (he was referenced afterall in XY)

Busaiku

I mean, just the way Mega Evolution is being handled in the show.
Pikachu can't Mega Evolve, so he can never be as close as with Charizard, Sceptile, or Glalie.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I mean, just the way Mega Evolution is being handled in the show.
Pikachu can't Mega Evolve, so he can never be as close as with Charizard, Sceptile, or Glalie.

Well he has dice roll powers and if the RNG favors him he tends to be more powerful than megamons

Busaiku

Not talking about battle power.
Like Pikachu still gets mind controlled by Team Rocket, Ash can't find him with just the power of friendshipif he gets kidnapped, etc.

Boss Doggie

Not talking about battle power.
Like Pikachu still gets mind controlled by Team Rocket, Ash can't find him with just the power of friendshipif he gets kidnapped, etc.

well brainwashing doesn't work anymore since Ash can just talk him out of it

as for the kidnap thing, well that's more to do with the megastone/keystone

Cindro

Symphonic Evolutions was just spectacular. Incredible musicianship, beautiful arrangements, awesome video pieces that complimented the soundscapes perfectly, and a crowd full of people with nerdy shirts that pulled out the 3DS's to do furiously collect as many puzzle pieces as possible before the show and during intermission.

The whole thing just reminded how meaningful the series is to me and why I'm a lifer.

Boss Doggie

Saw scans of the manga of the movie, holy shit I can safely say it is better than Diancie movie.

Ash commanding three legendaries and mega evolve them without stones holy fuck

Highwind

It's that time of year again.

I am on a massive nostalgia kick right now with Pokémon. X_X

What merchandise do people have? I wanna buy some Bandai figures you build yourself and can articulate but don't know the best place (live in the UK).

I also want to get boxed copies of every gen 1 and 2 game in Japanese I find those better designed.

Not to mention rebuilding my old card collection and takara tomy figures.....good lord.

We haven't heard anything about the Pikachu detective game since it was announced. What do we reckon- delayed, cancelled or shifted to the NX
or mobile
?

JoeM86

You guys remember back in March when I doubted my theory briefly because of a character sell sheet that hid characters?
I mean that there are merchandise sellsheets and they always hide Pokémon forms/characters that haven't been revealed yet and/or they don't want to reveal yet.

The one I was shown this morning (I don't think I can post it for legal reasons) had 8 slots, one was Pikachu, one was Hoopa Confined and then there was
Character A
Character B
Character C
Character D
Character E
Character D
Two merchandise for Character D. Could just mean they're hiding various things for weird reasons, as it does happen, but it raised an eyebrow

Well today they finally unveiled what the hell was in it. A whole lot of nothing.
FIG-COL-8674.jpg

Reminds me of run ups to Generation IV and V when they did this, people got hyped up for new Pokémon that ended up not being new Pokémon, and so people got annoyed. No reason to hide those ones really.

We haven't heard anything about the Pikachu detective game since it was announced. What do we reckon- delayed, cancelled or shifted to the NX
or mobile
?

Delayed

It won't be shifted to mobile haha.

Technically, it wasn't announced either. It was shown during a TV show showing the daily life of Tsunekazu Ishihara. In that segment, he also mentioned that games in this stage do often not become full projects.

Top Bottom