• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Bladenic

So I skipped Black2/White2 before, but I bought Black 2 and been playing it. I thought that after unlocking Challenge Mode or getting the key or whatever, I could restart the game and play it. But apparently not?! Not even with erasing my save and starting a new game? God Gamefreak. And now the online stuff's been turned off naturally. And of course the difficulty options have yet to return. Ugh some of this company's decisions are just wtf

Mr-Joker

Banned
So I skipped Black2/White2 before, but I bought Black 2 and been playing it. I thought that after unlocking Challenge Mode or getting the key or whatever, I could restart the game and play it. But apparently not?! Not even with erasing my save and starting a new game? God Gamefreak. And now the online stuff's been turned off naturally. And of course the difficulty options have yet to return. Ugh some of this company's decisions are just wtf

That is one of the most common complaints that folks had about Challenge mode and instead of refining it they just dropped it.

I think they thought that updating the EXP share would be the new difficultly setting, despite the fact that the game is still easy with it turned off.

Xenoboy

Wait.... Is Serena taller than Ash? It seems that way to me.
Oh. and I am glad Ash released Goodra. He deserves to be there and I didn't like him that much.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Since I am officially done with Uni work, I dug out my GBA SP and my copy of Pokémon Red and started and new game, so I thought I might share my adventure with you guys.

I named my Rival Blue, said goodbye my mum and my dad the TV went to Oak and got my Pokémon.

I chose Charmander and nicknamed him Char, Blue chose Squirtle and started bragging about how awesome his Pokémon is and challenged me to a battle.

Blue strategy was to lower Char's defence so I countered by growling to lower his attack, which lead to our first of many victory.

We left Pallet Town and before long we arrived in Viridian City where we came across a drunk man who wouldn't let us pass. ¬_¬;

So we went into the Pokémart when we suddenly became their postman and delivered Oak parcel.

Oak gave me and Blue the Pokédex and tasked us to fill the pages up, I was like "meh" and Blue was being his usual smug self.

Upon trekking back to Viridian City Charmander learnt Ember, the only fire move that he will be using for a loooooong time.

We decided to head west of Viridian City and to into route 22 where we caught our very first Pokémon, a Spearow whom I nicknamed Zume.

We then entered into Viridian Forest and we caught another team member Caterpie, nicknamed Felix.

I heard that my Rival was hanging about in route 22 so I decided to show off my growing team, while he was like "well let me show you my team" and challenged me to another match.

He sent out his newest Pokémon which was a Pidgey, I sent out Felix but then switch back to Zume before remembering that he had a Squirtle in his team and that Zume would need to be kept at full strength.

I switch Zume out for Char but Blue took advantage of this and his Pidgey got a critical hit on Char. Char eventually won but the battle took a lot out of him, it was clear that Blue was not playing around as he smugly smiled.

Blue sent out Squirtle and I sent out Zume, the only Pokémon that could fight and Blue knew this.

Despite Zume best effort Blue's Squirtle was just too strong for Zume and he fell. I them thought my next line of attack carefully Zume had weaken Squirtle and I knew that Char was faster and could knock it out, but it was a risk as Char was very weak and had a type disadvantage.

I sent out Char and I was right Char did strike first but alas it was not enough and he went down. I was left with Felix who I was weak and I wasn't even sure if he could out speed Squirtle.

But I wasn't going to give up and I sent him out Squirtle attacked first but Felix just shrugged if off and countered with a tackle knocking out Squirtle, against all odd we had won.

"Lucky shot" Blue muttered under his breath and walked off laughing how I shouldn't get ahead of myself and told me to try out taking on the Gym and walk off laughing.

While I was mad at Blue that moment quickly passed as Felix was evolving into a Metapod, I then headed back to Viridian Forest where Felix evolved once more into a Butterfree. I was really proud of him.

We did a bit of training outside Viridian Forest and Butterfree learnt confusion, we finally arrived in Pewter City we then headed straight to the Pokémon centre and decided to explore the city tomorrow and take on the first gym leader.

My team currently;

Char; level 9
Zume; Level 8
Felix; Level 12

........To Be Continued.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Well it's not what you're looking for, but speaking of pails I saw a Darkrai-themed bucket (as in, a metal pail with purple color and has various darkrai images on it).

JoeM86

Announcing a new game at Worlds?

That's the theory.

Games have never really had big massive reveals so any reveal location is a possibility.

Ruby & Sapphire were revealed at a pre-GBA Launch event on March 6th 2001
FireRed & LeafGreen were revealed in CoroCoro and official outlets on September 12th 2003
Pokémon Emerald was revealed in a magazine on July 1st 2004
Pokémon Diamond & Pearl were revealed in a Nintendo DS game listing on October 7th 2004
Pokémon Platinum was revealed in CoroCoro on May 15th 2008 (leaked May 10th 2008)
Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver was revealed on the official Japanese site on May 8th 2009
Pokémon Black & White was first hinted on the official Japanese site on January 29th 2010 saying a main game would come out later that year then properly revealed on April 9th 2010
Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 were first revealed on Japanese variety TV show Pokémon Smash on February 26th 2012 (25th in UK and US)
Pokémon X & Y were revealed in a Pokémon Direct on January 8th 2013
Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire were revealed in a random video out of nowhere on May 7th 2014

Worlds is as good a place as any. There's no set benchmark for a reveal or nothing saying there would/should be hints to it existing.

Boss Doggie

So the big plushie is "going to play a big role in the anime starting this Fall". Not sure if they mean Mega Evolution IV or the main series though, as the question is tricky. 4 characters too. People assume it's Eevee since it has four characters.

JoeM86

So the big plushie is "going to play a big role in the anime starting this Fall". Not sure if they mean Mega Evolution IV or the main series though, as the question is tricky. 4 characters too. People assume it's Eevee since it has four characters.

People would be wrong because it says "Brand New Pokémon" which merch doesn't use for that. They just hide things.

Boss Doggie

Say Joe, when they hide an existing Pokemon in merch (usually as a surprise member for the anime gang) what label do they usually refer to them?

Boss Doggie

All right, thanks!

And I just realized that the merchandise never really hide "new Pokemon party members" that are already known in the dex, and if anything, it's usually through the merch list when we realize a new mon is coming or evolving in the anime way before synopsis.

Busaiku

Ash already has Sceptile, Heracross, Glalie, and Charizard, he doesn't need another mega.
They're obviously gonna focus on Charizard.

While Ash does have Pokémon with Mega Evolutions already, they've been hammering home the importance of close bonding to the whole process, and I can't see them having him pull out a Pokémon that he hasn't had for years to make it happen.

I'd be very surprised if Mega Greninja wasn't the endgame here.

harmonize

not even the slightest possibility Ash's mega isn't Charizard Y. and considering that it's the pokemon ash has bonded with the most after Pikachu, its immense popularity, its lack of appearances in the anime and Alain owning the counterpart, it would feel incredibly out of place for it to be anything else.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Urgh, training a level 5 Magikarp to level 20 is a pain in the butt, but seeing Gyarados tear Blue's Raticate apart is worth it.

Also regarding Ash's Kalos team, it's eh different from the norm though I wonder what his final Pokémon will be.

Honestly, with all the hints we're having about new Pokemon designs and former lately, I'm braced for a new game announcement any day now. I'm not certain we have to wait for Worlds; chances are decent that they just dump out a video announcement like they did for ORAS.

Hell, maybe Coro Coro will reveal a new game for the first time in years.

JoeM86

Zygarde confirmed for fourth Mega Evolution special. CoroCoro promises answers about blobby and the kaiju, along with their relation to the anime next month

The most interesting thing in that scan is the presence of multiple blobs.

Seeming pretty unlikely that it's just a straightforward Zygarde forme.

They aren't even pretending that the kaiju is anything other than Mega Zygarde, mind. :)

JoeM86

The most interesting thing in that scan is the presence of multiple blobs.

Seeming pretty unlikely that it's just a straightforward Zygarde forme.

They aren't even pretending that the kaiju is anything other than Mega Zygarde, mind. :)

Worlds reveal is looking likely still :)

Boss Doggie

If these were only real I'd buy them

Y4jiGsg.jpg

Top Bottom