• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GulAtiCa

Had a good day today. Caught 3 Growlithes. 4 Dratinis! Hatched a Seel (my 1st), another Geodude, a Jigglypuff, a Squirtle (only 78% sadly, still, yay), and a Gastly. A 91% one too, and with catching another, only need 2 more! Found a bunch of Eevees, Magikarps of course by my work (I'm at almost 500 Magikarp candies, haven't found another that is above 95% yet), Abra, Drowsee and yet another Tauros!

this is the one...I laughed far too hard at this

Hahaha.

...;_;

Too real. I evolved my second Magikarp on Saturday—there's a nest by my office, I can catch them from my desk—and it was my second with Twister, and so I went back to the grind. Got to 400 candies, have a 195 Magikarp ready to evolve, but I know it'll probably have Twister and I'll be back to the grind all over again. It's almost like that's their ultimate goal.
Glad peeps like it ;D
I feel like the moves for evolving pokemon are picked based on which one would make you the most annoyed :p

|OT3| Appraise the Mon'!
Took me way too long to get this one, but it's good :3

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Had a business trip that had me driving through middle of nowhere, eastern plains, Colorado. Dropped some Pokemon in a few Mystic Gyms I saw along the way. Hopefully I'll finally get some to last more than a day.

Undefined

This one hurt.

SDLq6Od.jpg

A lot.

There is absolutely no consistency on what threads get moved to community. It just kind of happens sometimes.

Yup. As far as I can tell OT's often stay on the main two boards until a random user bitches about it, lol. Exactly what happened with the Amiibo topic. One guy kept bitching and whining about how he hated seeing the Amiibo OT on Gaming and got it moved.

servers down? is there a bug or something where the poke stops and gyms don't load?

So annoyed. I was about to level up until all these pokestops stopped loading smfh

edit: now it loads when I get home. Fucking piece of shit niantic

edit2: Cool it also didn't read any of the half mile I just walked

Waldini

This thread.

I said goddddd-daaaaaaaaaaamn.

All these Snorlax's and Dragonites for all!

And here I am, sitting in the Netherlands where ONE fucking Snorlax spawns every 518272 days. In ONE FUCKING CITY, /rant

I'm pretty much done finding the same Pokemon all the time. For me, this game is bleeding out. The lack of variaty in Pokemon is ridicilous.

Kanokare

Pokemon Go |OT 3| 15 Million Ran Away.

I hate how there's often a Snorlax around where I work and I'm either working and unable to leave or can't find it cause no vision.

deanote666

Just got a response from the pokemon company from my email on July 19th about not being able to log in... Just a generic message that didn't involve my issue...

Location based pokemon chat.
So I need something to do. I've put together a location based chat interface. There is so much needed to add - but it will be very helpful to have some real test data!

Please go to https://pokemonnearby.io/chat.html
(no password required)

preferably from a phone or browser with geo-location, and leave some pretend "notes" about the "nest" in your area. Assuming it connects and works ok, of course.

With some data from different users (Anon at the moment) in the chat history, tagged by lat/long, I'll then add buttons to filter history of notes close to you, further away, or globally.
And channels.
And usernames.
And editing posts.
And verifying nests.
And ...

Nictel

Really? And where are you located? Amsterdam?

Never, ever seen one in Breda.

Rotterdam, weird that there are none in Breda. On the other hand I have yet to have seen a rock Pokemon here. Maybe it has a bit to do with distance to the coast. But if you really want one, just hang a day around Kijkduin big chance one will show up. It's totally crazy there though

Waldini

|OT 3| A Pidgey? Ain't nobody got balls for that!

Rotterdam, weird that there are none in Breda. On the other hand I have yet to have seen a rock Pokemon here. Maybe it has a bit to do with distance to the coast. But if you really want one, just hang a day around Kijkduin big chance one will show up. It's totally crazy there though

Yeah. I know.

Weird thing is is that Kijkduin is how it is supposed to be in "big" cities. I've seen one Onix in Rotterdam once. I love travelling. I love to take the bike, load up the kids and just head out. It's a damn shame that, no matter where I go I keep seeing the same bloody Pokemon.

I stocked up on 10 KM egg's. Got one Snorlax and 6 candies (didn't even know it was possible?) ... a Lapras (which is the tiniest my trainer has ever seen) and a 100% Pikachu. I guess that's alright but not quite the battle material.

Chuckie

Where in Rotterdam if I may ask? Is there a certain spot where it keeps popping up as far as you know?

I noticed if a Pokemon appears somewhere (like the Scyther behind my appartment) it appears there rather regularly.

Nictel

Where in Rotterdam if I may ask? Is there a certain spot where it keeps popping up as far as you know?

I noticed if a Pokemon appears somewhere (like the Scyther behind my appartment) it appears there rather regularly.

Zuid, don't know the exact spot. Saw one in the neighborhood of Zuidplein.

Chuckie

Zuid, don't know the exact spot. Saw one in the neighborhood of Zuidplein.

Thanks. I actually pass Zuidplein every day hahaha. But in a train, so might be too fast. Maybe one day I'll get out at the train station there.

I think I would if I saw his silhouette.

BowieZ

Banned
This thread.

I said goddddd-daaaaaaaaaaamn.

All these Snorlax's and Dragonites for all!

And here I am, sitting in the Netherlands where ONE fucking Snorlax spawns every 518272 days. In ONE FUCKING CITY, /rant

I'm pretty much done finding the same Pokemon all the time. For me, this game is bleeding out. The lack of variaty in Pokemon is ridicilous.
I think the trick with the game is to just do your own thing and not really pay attention to people that are ahead of you.

Also, it's best to treat it like an exercise game, where the reward is catching Pokemon, hatching eggs, gaining XP, and trying to hold onto as many gyms per day as possible. You also have 4 more months to complete the Kanto 'Dex, before the next region is out, and in that time, I'm sure trading will be implemented and nests will change numerous times.

If you worry about Dragonites and Charmanders then you will lose motivation.

pringles

The drop rate for revives must have changed, a month ago I was throwing them away now I get one every 6 stops if I'm lucky.
It feels like they've increased the drop rate for potions, so one would assume that revives may have been one of the things getting a decrease since they were way too common before. Now you need a lot of them though so bag space is getting pretty limiting even at 500..

I think the trick with the game is to just do your own thing and not really pay attention to people that are ahead of you.

Also, it's best to treat it like an exercise game, where the reward is catching Pokemon, hatching eggs, gaining XP, and trying to hold onto as many gyms per day as possible. You also have 4 more months to complete the Kanto 'Dex, before the next region is out, and in that time, I'm sure trading will be implemented and nests will change numerous times.

If you worry about Dragonites and Charmanders then you will lose motivation.

This. I sometimes get annoyed that other people find stuff that simply doesn't show up for me. But the game gets me off my ass and doing walks, even if I only end up with another Nidoran and another 2 km off the next egg. Practically any other license could do the same, but Pokemon are well suited for collection (duh).

Firemind

went on a mass evolving spree

evolved four 90+% eevees, three jolteons with discharge and thunderbolt, one flareon with fire blast

ffs

caught haunter at the station at least

baby steps

Septic360

Banned
Just tried the hacked version of the game on my mate's phone and it is INSANE.

Its put him in San Francisco and that place is a fucking WARZONE! I haven't seen anything like it! Gyms are constantly being battled and the same teams keep re-taking the gym as it gets neutralised. And the amount of pokemon there is mad!

My team has had one gym on lockdown for almost a week! Btw do we get any reward for holding it for ages?

The app allows him to travel at different speeds and shit.

Oh and it has the beta testing version of Sightings where it shows you at which pokestop the Pokemon are. That thing is a game changer! It needs to come out for the legit versions ASAP!

Man I had so much fun on his hacked version, going back to my legit one was boring.

Dishwalla

Banned
Damn it, that feel when you see an Arcanine on a tracker at a gas station a few minutes away with only a minute until it despawns. If only I had seen it with like five minutes to go I would've rushed out to get it, but there was no way I would've been able to get it in time short of teleportation.

Instead I resigned to watching the timer count down until his little sprite faded away, and now the gas station is sans Pokemon. Sigh.

Septic360

Banned
Damn it, that feel when you see an Arcanine on a tracker at a gas station a few minutes away with only a minute until it despawns. If only I had seen it with like five minutes to go I would've rushed out to get it, but there was no way I would've been able to get it in time short of teleportation.

Instead I resigned to watching the timer count down until his little sprite faded away, and now the gas station is sans Pokemon. Sigh.

What timer is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom