• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightbird

Just reached Level 24 today.

Leveling is getting harder and harder :/

My Top Pokémon:
xvReSHE.png

(mat)

|OT3| Poké Balls-deep in Pidgeys and Rattatas

|OT3| Gotta catch some of 'em!

|OT3| Selling your friends for candy!

|OT3| Team Niantic blast off at the speed of light!

|OT3| Looks like my Poké Balls are blasting off agaaain!

|OT3| We wait for word on what way will weight weigh in.

[OT3] Where the stats are made up and the razz berries don't matter!

Ahh nice, didn't realize we're reaching new thread smell.

|OT3| On Life Support? Stick it in the IV!
|OT3| Still 30 million playing
|OT3| This ends my analysis. Farewell.

L Thammy

|OT3| I always knew Pokemon was just a fad
|OT3| My nephew just hatched a region-specific Pokemon
|OT3| I get more Drowzee than a David Cage speech

zroid

Banned
I just triangulated a Nidoqueen and it feels so good. Caught it with my first Ultra Ball too.

unfortunately its IVs and CP are both crap.

Nightbird

|OT3| Biggest Beta test ever
|OT3| We're up all night to take gyms
|OT3| Now with 70% less cheating!
|OT3| Of Pidgeys and App crashes
|OT3| I walked 500 miles for some eevees
|OT3| Caught them all, now what?
|OT3| Still waiting for trading

Woahhh you actually did catch them all without tracking apps??? Do you live in a big city?? Because being able to complete the Pokedex is such an amazing achievement IMO. I live in a small ass city and I have only caught 72 so far and I've been playing like crazy since early July and my goal is to really trying to catch them all but even with the help of tracking apps, that task has been insanely difficult : /

Is Honolulu considered a big city? There are several clusters of Pokestops and quite a few people hang out on these steets nightly. A few rare ones pop out at these spots regularly. That said, a lot of my Pokedex entries have been through evolves, and a lot of the candies I used for evolves were from eggs. Spent a lot of money on incubators and did tons of walking/rollerblading to hatch them.

I still don't have the US regional Tauros. I think Niantic forgot to include Hawaii in the North America zone

zroid

Banned
Hey guys, just downloaded recently. What's the general rule of thumb for powering up vs evolving?

tips:

1) stardust is your most precious resource so spend it wisely. don't waste it on bad or extremely low level Pokémon.

2) only evolve a Pokémon if its IVs are satisfactory to you (or if you don't care about its IVs and just want the Dex entry)

L Thammy

Hey guys, just downloaded recently. What's the general rule of thumb for powering up vs evolving?

Evolving doesn't need Stardust and powering up doesn't need much candy so they aren't in a huge competition. Now that there's the appraisal feature, you can just focus on evolving then powering up your best Pokemon. Of course, evolve for new Pokemon if you just want to fill your dex.

zulux21

tips:

1) stardust is your most precious resource so spend it wisely. don't waste it on bad or extremely low level Pokémon.

2) only evolve a Pokémon if its IVs are satisfactory to you (or if you don't care about its IVs and just want the Dex entry)

uh...
really don't spend stardust before level 20
don't really give a shit about IV before level 20 either. it's not worth the resources to level up a tiny pokemon that has good IV, just try to find a high level one that has good Iv eventually.
evolve all the commons you want because they are great EXP you can wait and save them for a lucky egg to level up even faster, but that basically just cuts down the amount of time you will really have fun with the game :p

zroid

Banned
If the appraisal says one stat is the best, and then follows it up with "the x is great too!" and the "the y is great too!"

does that mean they are all equal?

I think I got my first 100% Pokémon
and it's a fucking Spearow

Acinixys

If the appraisal says one stat is the best, and then follows it up with "the x is great too!" and the "the y is great too!"

I have a 100% Parasect and this is what is says when I appraise it

"Overall it is a wonder, what a breathtaking Pokemon
I see that its best attribute is its HP
It is matched equally by its Attack
It is matched equally by its Defense
Its stats exceed my calculations. Its incredible!"

So thats the appraisal text for a 100% monster

Yes.

I have a 1300 Tauros that is 100% (I call him Benji) that I'm waiting to trade for something good when I can. Starting to wonder if I'm going to need to trade for a Snorlax :/

acm2000

First time ever, onix and aerodactyl spawn here, about 10 minutes cycle away and I'm sat in the nude because it's so hot and can't go get them

Fuck you Pokémon, fuck you

(mat)

[OT3] Now you CP, now you don't.
[OT3] Renewing your gym membership one revive at a time!
[OT3] More Poké Balls have been to the moon than astronauts!
[OT3] Skipping the gym by hitting the gyms!

ReyBrujo

I have pokemons spawn in my house every 30 minutes or so, sometimes rare ones. I'm not sure if that's just me or anyone leaving their scanner open at home would get the same, and would like to know. A friend said he doesn't get them in his block.

zroid

Banned
I have a 100% Parasect and this is what is says when I appraise it

"Overall it is a wonder, what a breathtaking Pokemon
I see that its best attribute is its HP
It is matched equally by its Attack
It is matched equally by its Defense
Its stats exceed my calculations. Its incredible!"

So thats the appraisal text for a 100% monster

Yes.

I have a 1300 Tauros that is 100% (I call him Benji) that I'm waiting to trade for something good when I can. Starting to wonder if I'm going to need to trade for a Snorlax :/

Alright cool. I think the difference in the exact verbiage is just because we're on different teams.

get pokemon, get it evaluated. good evaluation? evolve. check moveset. bad? don't power, keep that Pokemon but start over again. ideal moveset? go ahead and power that sucker up, time to take and defend gyms.

Growlie19

And Exeggutor makes 90 for the dex! Confusion and Seed Bomb will be a great help for the Vape gyms. Now as for the next OT....

|OT3| I'm a Passenger!
or
|OT3| First Throw Goes Orbital

Pokémon Go |OT 3| To be a tracker, Pokémon tracker!
Pokémon Go |OT 3| At least 15 million less Pidgeys
Pokémon Go |OT 3| Never Bet on Niantic
Pokémon Go |OT 3| Gotta circle 'em all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom