• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT| As in "Go Outside"

massoluk

Banned
CmxJXgTXEAAecAS.jpg:large
Someone is attacking my gym at Wall Street. Come on, people. You know Tauros guarding the Charging Bull of Wall Street was meant to be.

/sadness

I just hope trading functionality is added in soon... I think that would be a lot of fun and help give some use to my extra pokes instead of just giving them to Professor Daddy.

My game just shows a grey screen. Anyone else playing on a Nexus 6P and Android N Beta?

Edit: nevermind, looks like Android N isn't supported yet according to the site

Chucker

I've got an iPhone 6S and running iOS 10 Beta 2.
I keep getting "We can't find the orientation of your camera" when I go into AR mode.

Bummer :(

Edit: Reddit seems to be having the same issue with iOS10. Figures.

Nearly level 5 and debating between team red and team blue.

Leaning toward red, but people mentioning more reds than blues makes me want to go blue.

Iceman829

Just a bit of a reminder to check your pokemon list and swipe to the right to see if you have any eggs to toss in the incubator while you walk around

JGCD

Neo Member
Game was working fine for me yesterday
Now I can't long in at all
I choose my google plus email and it just loads forever
Tried force closing and even reinstalling the app
The phone is S3 and updated fully
Anyone please help?

RyanW

I've found 4 gyms in my town so far and they're taken. 2 of which are in my major department building at my university. You best believe I'm taking those for myself.

Arrrammis

I think I might be the only one in my town of 18,000 people to be playing this game... I've found 4 gyms in town put my strongest pokemon in 3 of them and put my lowest level pokemon (CP 10 Zubat) in the fourth one in hopes that someone will take it so I have something interesting to do. So far, nobody has taken the bait.

The Burberry near my work is a gym currently controlled by someone with a Jynx. Fashion.

Although personally I think Persian might be a better fit :p

Kinsei

Banned
Just a bit of a reminder to check your pokemon list and swipe to the right to see if you have any eggs to toss in the incubator while you walk around

Can you still catch Pokemon while you are incubating an egg or are you forced to stay on the egg screen?

Red

I'm shocked that this game has no friend component outside of gyms. That's kind of a big pet of Pokemon.
Yeah, would be nice to have a friends list, maybe a way to ping locations of friends, maybe a built in messaging system (though this might be redundant), to request trades or gym meet ups. More robust PvP would be great, even if the battle system never changes it would be cool to run into other players and be able to challenge them while walking around. And of course trades.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
theres a battle between yellows and blues going on at the gyms around me... both are owned by yellow atm. will go out and try to take over one of them later today

do type weaknesses etc adhere to the official pkmn games though?

theres a battle between yellows and blues going on at the gyms around me... both are owned by yellow atm. will go out and try to take over one of them later today

do type weaknesses etc adhere to the official pkmn games though?
Yes. Boyfriend tried to fight an Electabuzz with his Squirtle and got owned. OHKO and it said the attack was super effective.

Yeah, would be nice to have a friends list, maybe a way to ping locations of friends, maybe a built in messaging system (though this might be redundant), to request trades or gym meet ups. More robust PvP would be great, even if the battle system never changes it would be cool to into other players and be able to challenge them while walking around. And of course trades.
Great ideas! But yeah, trades at the bare minimum, right?

For those of you who have pokemon stationed at gyms, remember to go to the store and click the shield icon in the top right hand corner.

This gives you 10 gold coins for every pokemon at a gym, seems to refresh every 21 hours or something.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
My phone doesn't have enough room to download this. Typical of Nintendo games ... gotta clean out the fridge to get a new one. =\

maybe I'll uninstall Miitomo

JawzPause

I usually have a very boring hour walk back from the gym so i decided to try this out. As soon as i walked out i saw a pokemon on the map and had to run across the road to get close enough to it
Wasted a few pokeballs on it but finally caught it. After that i walked past around 6 pokestops but i had no idea what to do there. I didn't know you could spin it and get items :(
Ah well I'm going gym again tomorrow so I'll check it out then.
Impressions so far are that overall it seems quite fun but i still have doubts as to how long people will be playing it for

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
i do think that people grinding and overplaying will limit the fun for the mid level/casual user unfortunately

also there are too many pokestops imo and they refresh WAY too fast

MajorMane

I still don't understand how I should be playing this...

Check out that guide. I learned a lot from it.

Everyone join team Blue!

Lets make the blue planet truly blue!

Since I live in Nebraska, I'm fairly certain everyone will pick Team Red for, well, obvious reasons. Because of this, I picked Blue instead so I can always fight gyms. Go Team Blue!

Red

Great ideas! But yeah, trades at the bare minimum, right?
As far as I know, trades are coming... No idea when or how it will be done though. Breeding would be really cool too. Especially if shinies are added and we can do Masuda method ourselves some trophies. I don't agree with the common criticism that this game is too barebones to be interesting right now (I've been thinking about it all day! There is so much to explore! I'm more excited for the Go Plus now than I was before Go launched!), but there are definitely areas that could be fleshed out and improved. I think this is a great starting point. It feels important to The Pokemon Company and Nintendo's footprint in mobile. I hope the early enthusiasm keeps up, and Niantic can keep delivering an experience people of all ages want to be a part of... This feels like the game I've waned since I first clicked Red into my Gameboy cartridge slot in February '96. At least the nucleus of it. It gets people out into the world, exploring, meeting each other, finding surprises, sharing tips, secrets, encouraging other players and creating a true social environment, involved with the real world. It holds so much promise.

Cess007

I really need to get to level 5. There's a Gym in front of my work place and it's killing me i can't fight on it!

Edit. Also, i really suck at throwing the pokeballs. I miss at least 5, each time i try to catch a Pokemon.

Lucario

Every time I try to nickname a Pokemon, I get "choose another name please".

Are Pokemon names seriously unique? :|

webrunner

note 4 here, sometimes the app stops recognizing taps.. i have to force shutdown the app and re-load to actually do anything other than watch the game idle animate

Top Bottom