• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT| As in "Go Outside"

XxCGSxX

Everything was working fine last night, I had nearby pokemon and everything. Today I have no nearby pokemon even after I went for a walk and when I tried to use insence it says failed to detect location, gps settings are correct and working fine. iphone 6s user here.

Had a pretty good haul last night, also became a Gym leader:

F3we60w.jpg

b6lgfUN.jpg

Tev4Qcy.jpg

Of course, my position had been usurped by the time I woke up, because people without jobs will absolutely rule this game.

Permanently A

I think my phone or 4g connection just isn't strong enough for this game. My character jumps around the map like a madman and it's never accurate to my location.

I think my phone or 4g connection just isn't strong enough for this game. My character jumps around the map like a madman and it's never accurate to my location.

I...seriously doubt it, I have a moto g 3rd generation with 3g connection and works fine...

oh,a nd no plan, like, using internet from my phone balance... like, prepaid.. so..yeah

MiTYH

Caught a Ratatta in my house. That can't be a good sign...

But there are others, all outside of my house range. Might ACTUALLY have to venture outside...

Anyone comment on how this works in a car? Not for driving, but as a passanger

ChrisDM

Had a pretty good haul last night, also became a Gym leader:

F3we60w.jpg

b6lgfUN.jpg

Tev4Qcy.jpg

Of course, my position had been usurped by the time I woke up, because people without jobs will absolutely rule this game.

Boy is that a lesson I had to learn early in my life any time I got way too into a game. I'd never be able to keep up, but gotta not let that kill my enjoyment! :D hahah

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
I think I screwed up the access to camera... not sure how you're taking pics or looking around and finding Pokemon :(

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Aha, thanks for putting together an OT.

I say GAF Team Mystic all the way.
I really need to get to level 5. There's a Gym in front of my work place and it's killing me i can't fight on it!

Edit. Also, i really suck at throwing the pokeballs. I miss at least 5, each time i try to catch a Pokemon.
My local theater has a pidgeot that really needs to be taken down a peg. No idea what CP it is. Hopefully tonight I can go to the movies and kick some flying-type ass.

LuffyZoro

There are a ton of Pokestops on my campus, but all I'm catching are Pidgeys and Ratatas. I just hit level 5, so hopefully I'll start seeing some variety.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
This is the worst game to play during my commute in the morning. Mass amount of people walking to the subway is not the ideal time to start swinging my phone around to try to see and catch a Pokemon.

aett

I barely saw anything in or around my house last night, probably because there isn't even a single Pokestop within several miles.

Fortunately, my office building not only has a Pokestop, but a gym, and I can activate the stop from my desk... so Pokemon are popping up constantly as I'm at the computer.

The person who had already claimed my office's gym was already level 9, but their lowly Nidoran was taken down by the Golbat I caught earlier today.

This is the worst game to play during my commute in the morning. Mass amount of people walking to the subway is not the ideal time to start swinging my phone around to try to see and catch a Pokemon.

Just turn AR off when lots of people are around so you don't look too crazy.

Arrrammis

So many Rattatas and Pidgeys... I already have a CP 256 Pidgeot and two CP 240something Raticates... My gyms are gonna be stacked for these early days.

oti

Banned
This will actually be pretty great to use while I go outside for a walk during lunch. Spice up the walk a bit.

I thought so too but I have two major complaints:

1. Listening to music or podcasts while playing this is not a great experience. The game music will stop and all you get is the phone vibrating.
2. That would be OK if the game supported notifications. Instead you have to have it running all the time.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
theres a nearby nature walk and lake that walked around for 10 min this morning - SO many water pkmn and pokestops. its amazing. i can just keep looping around as it takes 5 minutes to refresh a pokestop to fill up on balls and candies.

have a real nice Staryu, Dratini, Venonat, Psyduck, tentacool, and bellsprout ( dont like his attacks though)

Kssio_Aug

Two things:

1- How I log into my Trainer Club Account? When I open the app, it only gives me the option to log in with google. Android app.
(asked this a bunch of times yesterday, no replies :/)

2- I cant see any pokemons or gyms anymore. It goes past the loading screen, but then it shows nothing in the area. Is it a normal issue? (Brasil)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
This will actually be pretty great to use while I go outside for a walk during lunch. Spice up the walk a bit.
It's excellent for, much along the lines of Ingress, taking you just slightly out of your way in an interesting direction. I have this park I'm going to check out at lunch that I've never been to even though it's like .5 miles away.
look at all them stops! And maybe that gym is vulnerable...

I thought so too but I have two major complaints:

1. Listening to music or podcasts while playing this is not a great experience. The game music will stop and all you get is the phone vibrating.
2. That would be OK if the game would support notifications. Instead you have to have it running all the time.

Really? That's a major bummer. So I would need to walk around with the app open, and I'd be unable to listen to podcasts at the same time. That sucks.

Red

theres a nearby nature walk and lake that walked around for 10 min this morning - SO many water pkmn and pokestops. its amazing. i can just keep looping around as it takes 5 minutes to refresh a pokestop to fill up on balls and candies.

have a real nice Staryu, Dratini, Venonat, Psyduck, tentacool, and bellsprout ( dont like his attacks though)
Metropark near me has lots of Pokemon, no pokestops. There really are no easy pokestops to get to if I walk from home. Closest is over 2 miles away, would take me about an hour and a half for the full trip to refill some pokeballs. Feels like I'm at a disadvantage.

I work at a large hospital but somehow it is neither a gym nor a stop... The nearest stop is a dinky little mechanic's place a block and a half away. Then nothing for a mile all around.

oti

Banned
I never got an answer on the other thread so: Can you get live notifications on an Android Wear smartwatch?

No, there are no notifications. And I'm afraid that won't change since they're selling their $35 wearable that is basically a notification receiver.

So I just beat all the trainers at the gym by my work but didn't get to claim the gym? I challenged again and all of the Pokémon in the gym were magically healed and the Leader's Eevee wouldn't take any damage no matter what

This is glitched the fuck out.

No, there are no notifications. And I'm afraid that won't change since they're selling their $35 wearable that is basically a notification receiver.

Well that sucks, I have a Poketch skin on it and everything just for the launch... Hopefully some finds out how the Plus works so it can be emulated without paying 40 euros

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Really? That's a major bummer. So I would need to walk around with the app open, and I'd be unable to listen to podcasts at the same time. That sucks.
Well, you do have to have the app open, but you can listen to stuff at the same time, I was listening to music while out last night. You just have to be able to feel the vibration (or check it every so often). Of course your battery won't be thrilled with you for this.
I never got an answer on the other thread so: Can you get live notifications on an Android Wear smartwatch?
There are no notifications of any kind.

This seems to be an intentional design decision to make the Go Plus device more compelling, and it's not clear to me how that thing will work yet either.
I get into work today and all my Co workers are talking about Pokemon go. Most of them are non gamers.
yeah it's pretty wild stuff

Robin64

In the UK, that wearable Go thingy is £34.99, which ridiculous, but also only sold by one store (the official online store) and it's been out of stock for weeks. :\

Top Bottom