• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT| As in "Go Outside"

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Metropark near me has lots of Pokemon, no pokestops. There really are no easy pokestops to get to if I walk from home. Closest is over 2 miles away, would take me about an hour and a half for the full trip to refill some pokeballs. Feels like I'm at a disadvantage.

I work at a large hospital but somehow it is neither a gym nor a stop... The nearest stop is a dinky little mechanic's place a block and a half away. Then nothing for a mile all around.

oh interesting - yeah the park I went to has these memorial benches that families donate I guess in honor of their loved ones passing and each one was a pokestop... so there are about 20 or so in this small 10 minute loop, I'll take a pic of my screen next time.

Zoon

Two gyms next to me, one red and one blue. It's in my nature to oppose both and pick yellow but Zapdos is lame.What should I do gaf?

MiTYH

reposting to see if someone knows:

Anyone comment on how this works in a car? Not for driving, but as a passanger

Turns out my GPS is borked. In the settings I set it so it was only using the GPS for location an it couldn't find me at all.
That's how I'm feeling when I started yesterday. Sometimes it works, then takes a while to load up before freezing or making the touch screen unusable, forcing me to restart.

Hopefully this improves, but I'm really close to level 5.

Growlie19

Went on a morning walk. The route I took has 4 Pokéstops, one of which I can claim again on the way back. I ended up catching a Jigglypuff and Staryu, among other repeats. A Nidoran Male got away, though.... I also claimed an untouched gym for the glory of Team Yellow and sparred my Beedrill with a Pidgeotto at my other gym. And to top it all off, a 5K egg hatched into a Diglett! It's getting a bit hot out, so I'm gonna hold off on another walk till the late evening.

I'm really enjoying the game so far! This level 6 trainer is signing off!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So I just beat all the trainers at the gym by my work but didn't get to claim the gym? I challenged again and all of the Pokémon in the gym were magically healed and the Leader's Eevee wouldn't take any damage no matter what

This is glitched the fuck out.
Heh. I don't know your situation for sure, but you may have been hitting a "friendly" gym of the same faction as you. That is a sparring match and you get more powerful but don't get to take over the gym.

I think there's a cooldown on being able to do it again, not sure how long.

If it's late at night and you can pull over while you drive around its great. Otherwise you normally move too fast. Forget trying on the highway.

Why oh why did this game have to come out in the summer, when walking even across the street leaves me drenched in sweat? (And I'm in shape, too)

The salt is getting stronger every minute; the official Pokemon Spain twitted just sent this which basically says "more information in the coming days".

Heh. I don't know your situation for sure, but you may have been hitting a "friendly" gym of the same faction as you. That is a sparring match and you get more powerful but don't get to take over the gym.

I think there's a cooldown on being able to do it again, not sure how long.

It was definitely a different faction, I'm yellow and this gym was red. It HAD to have been a glitch, the level 80 Eevee wouldn't take any damage against my level 300 Jynx.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
im guessing its best to raise a pokemon from egg or base level and evolve, rather than just power up already evolved mons right? like the gb game?

Does anyone know how to heal a Pokémon that's taken damage? Sorry if it's already been answered elsewhere, but I didn't see it in the OP.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It was definitely a different faction, I'm yellow and this gym was red. It HAD to have been a glitch, the level 80 Eevee wouldn't take any damage against my level 300 Jynx.
Gotcha, could be shaky servers still I guess. Sucks. A 300CP Jynx sounds terrifying

Ok......bumped into about 6 people playing this. I'm just gonna stop playing for a bit.

6 people you know? Were they playing too? Were they not playing and thought they thought you looked stupid? Were they people who you physically bumped into? so many questions

XxCGSxX

Two things:

1- How I log into my Trainer Club Account? When I open the app, it only gives me the option to log in with google. Android app.
(asked this a bunch of times yesterday, no replies :/)

2- I cant see any pokemons or gyms anymore. It goes past the loading screen, but then it shows nothing in the area. Is it a normal issue? (Brasil)
Same problem here too, nothing shows up, it was fine yesterday.

KodaRuss

Just downloaded it but the servers are down or something. Looks alright, I cannot seem to get into any mobile games but Ill try this one out.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
How are ya'll using your camera to see Pokemon? I can't find that option. :(

MajorMane

Ah..will have to look for more pokestops when the servers come back up, then. All I've gotten from the 2 I've found were Pokeballs.

I don't think you can really get Potions from the Pokestops until after you get them via leveling up. I think you get them and revives at Level 5 and after that, those items can appear at Pokestops.

The music sucks in this game. They just sound like bootleg versions of already existing tracks rather than being their own thing. It makes me frustrated that they don't just go the way the original tracks go.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Use a potion. You can get them from Pokestops, through leveling up, or by buying them with coins.
Does anyone know how to heal a Pokémon that's taken damage? Sorry if it's already been answered elsewhere, but I didn't see it in the OP.
They should make it so that actual vets and PetsMarts or whatever are Pokemon centers :p
Ah..will have to look for more pokestops when the servers come back up, then. All I've gotten from the 2 I've found were Pokeballs.
I don't know if there's any truth to this, but I've seen a few anecdotal reports that:
  • Pokestops will give out more potions if you have injured pokes with you
  • From Level 10 onward they can also give Super Potions

Red

Used an incense during break. Phone froze. Restarted. Logged in. All Pokemon gone. Reset to level zero. No items in bag. 👌

The music sucks in this game. They just sound like bootleg versions of already existing tracks rather than being their own thing. It makes me frustrated that they don't just go the way the original tracks go.
Why would you leave the music on anyway lol you really gonna go hiking with that crap blaring ?

MajorMane

Also to add to what others have been saying, I've got it to work in the car. You can click on Pokemon or Pokestops if you're quick enough (or the car is slow enough). Seems it doesn't count towards steps taken, however.

Trago

6 people you know? Were they playing too? Were they not playing and thought they thought you looked stupid? Were they people who you physically bumped into? so many questions

As in, I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings and bumped into several people like a dummy.

Iceman829

It will count steps if you are moving at a snails pace in bumper to bumper traffic. You can click pokemon as you drive past them and catch them, but pokestops you wont be able to visit unless you stop moving. Once you are out of range they disengage and you can't spin the token. I would assume gyms are similar to pokestops where you need to hang around them to battle.

It's worth using it while driving around though (as a passenger) as you will come across different pokemon in different areas. You will mostly likely want to use a car charger due to the game being a battery hog

MajorMane

If I leave a Pokemon at a gym can I take it back later or is it there for good?

It is there until it gets defeated, so choose wisely.

On that related note, the only gym I still have control over is one in a "bad" area of the town (read: bad for this town, not that bad at all). I left a level 10 Rattata there. It's not like it'd be hard to beat.

Top Bottom