• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Direct 01.08.13 (U.S.-6AM EST, EUR-12PM CET)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How so? Explain using examples, please. I could pretty much say the same about older generations being too simplistic using this model.

Ultimately it all comes down to personal taste, but I vastly preferred the older style of Pokemon, where they kept it a bit more simple in both design and coloration. It all had a more 'natural' feel, like extensions of real animals, or fantasy tropes in many cases. Now, they are a bit too loud and extravagant for my tastes, like something out of a 12 year olds mind but rendered by a professional artist.

Like I said, it all comes down to personal preferences, but IMO the older art/designs were better because they felt more focused and grounded.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
I remember the old Black and White rumors where N was supposed to be an angel and that at some point in the game, you die and he revives you. And you get mugged a lot in Black City.

DjRoomba

Banned
lol hardcore people here freakin me out
I think remake of early gen pokemon would excite people most. Everyone knows the first 150 or whatever pokemon there were in that cartoon. About 3 people know all the new pokemon since that.

Zeroth

It actually originates from a banned site/Nintendo blog, who claims that it comes from someone who has been "right about Pokemon rumors before," though it is never mentioned what these rumors were.

"Hey guys, trust this stupid rumor because the guy who told us totally told us good info before... but we won't state what info it was!"

Ultimately it all comes down to personal taste, but I vastly preferred the older style of Pokemon, where they kept it a bit more simple in both design and coloration. It all had a more 'natural' feel, like extensions of real animals, or fantasy tropes in many cases. Now, they are a bit too loud and extravagant for my tastes, like something out of a 12 year olds mind but rendered by a professional artist.

Like I said, it all comes down to personal preferences, but IMO the older art/designs was better because it felt more focused and grounded.

Can you please provide examples as to what "something out of a 12-year-old's mind" is and why they're inferior to such """""""""""gems"""""""""" as Muk and Voltorb? I can't really see where you're coming from, especially since some of the new ones are pretty darn "organic" while remaining creative and unique:

560.gif
557.gif
571.gif
549.gif
612.gif
635.gif

Berordn

lol hardcore people here freakin me out
I think remake of early gen pokemon would excite people most. Everyone knows the first 150 or whatever pokemon there were in that cartoon. About 3 people know all the new pokemon since that.

Try 3-8 million children since the DS games were released.

Most of them don't know the original 150 outside the starters and Pikachu.

All I ask for this new game is a robust GBU, with better matchmaking, fixes to the ragequit problems and custom rulesets.

I miss auto-level 6v6 wifi battles. :(

..and Pokestar-esque battle backgrounds.

injurai

Banned
Can you please provide examples as to what "something out of a 12-year-old's mind" is and why they're inferior to such """""""""""gems"""""""""" as Muk and Voltorb? I can't really see where you're coming from, especially since some of the new ones are pretty darn "organic" while remaining creative and unique:

560.gif
557.gif
571.gif
549.gif
612.gif
635.gif

Yeah, I think gen5 designs are fine other than a few oddballs. But that goes for every gen except 2 which at flawless design for each and every pokemon.

"Hey guys, trust this stupid rumor because the guy who told us totally told us good info before... but we won't state what info it was!"

Well, yeah. Hence why I put it into quotes and clarified he doesn't state what the information was. I certainly don't think it's believable and frankly don't see how it would work given the leveling structure of the Pokemon games.

Zeroth

Are there more Pokemon redesigned to look like they are from different gens? I only know of this:

Other than Hitmonlee, I like these designs, but it's still a silly claim considering many pokemons introduced in Gen V are pretty plain (like Drudgeon)

NeonZ

I don't like the Rainbow rumor. It sounds like things won't change much even visually, aside from 3d models for battles. We won't even get the usual amount of new Pokemon, and they'll just try to hide that behind a veil of fanservice. I really hope they don't try to take the franchise in such a self destructive direction.

It sounds like a step backwards from Black & White, especially if this game will be the start of a new generation. I'd prefer focus on a single region but a real visual revamp of the game. They can make the 3d remake of FireRed and GreenLeaf after that when the engines and new Pokemon are already in place.

PK Gaming

560.gif
557.gif
571.gif
549.gif
612.gif
635.gif

PREACH BROTHA PREACH!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
It won't be Rainbow, I'm pretttttty confident in that. It's too random. It'll be something more conservative, to get the West to jump on the 3DS with guarantee. Then maybe later rse-remakes or experiments.

Rainbow makes zero sense. It's a collection of fanboy wishes, not a coherent or sustainable game design.

The chances of this getting leaked is minuscule, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom