• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Direct 01.08.13 (U.S.-6AM EST, EUR-12PM CET)

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Gen I Pokemon are easily the worst. It's not even a contest to me. I'm not a huge fan of Gen IV, either, but it has my favorite starters.

If--no,when--I wake up tomorrow to find out that this Rainbow poppycock is nothing but malarky, I shall salt my morning homefries with the tears of this board.

Forget salting food with them.

Drink them raw.

j5KY0.gif

Amikami

Banned
I kinda wanna stay up but 3:00am is too late when I have to wake up at 6:00 for class. SHIT! At this rate I won't see till almost noon. DOUBLE SHIT!

Probably for the best. I try and be disappointed ahead of time so that the mediocre news isn't a big deal.

Please gamefreak. Dial down the number of legends. Too fucking many. They went especially ham in gen iv. Jesus christ. I also think gen iv was the pits design wise.

Best gens overall for pokemon design.

I>IV>II>V>III

Sorry ludicolo you simply weren't enough :(. Haven't spent much time with gen V so i may be more than a little biased.

Neiteio

Reshiram is an awesome design. A brazier for a tail... Colored like white smoke... Mane split and billowing like a volcano... Wolf face, blue eyes...

I really like the fact they resisted coloring it red (aside from when it's all fired up).

All the other legendaries are just jelly.

(Fur tuft envy.)

Tyeforce

The Pokémon Rainbow rumor is very interesting. I think it's quite plausible, actually.

Normally, I'd dismiss such a rumor as bull, but I think this may be just the type of Pokémon game that Nintendo needs to release right now. We're in a weird situation where, coming right off of Black 2 & White 2, it's still too soon for Generation 6, but there really needs to be a new Pokémon game for 3DS. While they could make Ruby/Sapphire remakes on 3DS, it would be really odd starting off the next generation with a remake game, and even more odd if it was still Generation 5 but on the 3DS with a brand new engine and visuals and everything.

But with this—not quite remake, not quite entirely new game; not quite Generation 5, not quite Generation 6—effectively, a Generation 5.5 game, I think it's exactly what needs to be released. What else are they going to do, really? Any other option just seems to soon, or too out of place. This seems like the perfect bridge game before Generation 6.

I guess it's more Porygon's evolutions than Porygon itself.

Porygon is memorable to me for costing 9999 coins at the game corner in Red/Yellow.

Darryl

Banned
i believe the 3-version digital fanboy wet dream rumor more than i do the rainbow one.

please god give me rainbow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom