• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Go - Halloween Event

Penguin

pokemon-go-halloween-169-en.jpg

I think first event of the sort in the game, though may be a bit too late to the party.

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/halloween-treats-in-pokemon-go/

Halloween is here, and Pokémon GO has its own treats to give out! Starting October 26 and lasting through November 1, you can receive way more Candies than usual. Every Pokémon you catch will award six Candies—twice the normal amount. The Professor will give you two Candies instead of one for every Pokémon you transfer to him. And your Buddy Pokémon will award Candy four times faster than they usually do. Plus, you'll get twice the Candy you'd normally get when you hatch Eggs. Walk and catch all the Pokémon you can to get your fill of Candy during this special event!

Some spooky Pokémon will also be much more common leading up to Halloween. Be on the lookout for more of the following Pokémon on your trick-or-treat route:

Zubat

Golbat

Gastly

Haunter

Gengar

Drowzee

Hypno

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Future historians will note Oct 26th as the day the Drowzee uprising began and humanity was enslaved by a sea of endless yellow-and-tan hordes.

Mr Swine

Banned
I still haven't seen more than half of the Pokémon from gen 1, how about letting them Spawn for a couple of months eh?

Quonny

An event would be PokeStops having a chance to drop witch hats or zombie masks that you can equip to Pokemon or all Zubats/Ghastlys/whatever have a chance to be "Halloween" versions that maybe are colored a little different or have something that makes them unique.

This is less of an event and more of a "please play we'll give you double exp".

I was just thinking it's been awfully quiet for GO lately. There hasn't even been a significant QoL update since the buddy system. It's goddamn unbelievable I still can't transfer more than one pokemon at a time though.

Weebos

Banned
Nice, this might be the first time I go out with the express purpose of just playing Pokemon Go. I usually play it while doing something else.

Nickovic

Where the hell do you all live that Drowzee is so common? I've caught like two.

EDIT: Of course this happens JUST after I get 100 gastly candy.

oti

Banned
LAME

They should quadruple the amount of candy. You can do double candy on weekends god damnit.

TheYanger

Zubat is the only one of these that is even remotely common in my area. I know my mom will be stoked, ever since pokemon go came out all I get are texts from her talking about pokemon -_-

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Where the hell do you all live that Drowzee is so common? I've caught like two.

Their spawn rate is tied to latitude, iirc. More than 40* N and they're one of the most common Pokémon. Where I live, they're the third most common Pokémon after Pidgey and Rattata and are about a fifth of all spawns.

Hey, this might get me to play again. I haven't opened it in a month but the 4x buddy candy is pretty sweet (pun intended).
Also, I have 100 unique pokemon in my dex and no Drowzee or Hypno or Golbat or Gengar so this could be good.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
So why is Abra and it's evolutions not included?

latest

CassSept

Drowzee

I mean, Europe already pretty much feels like this:

FzyGoTV.jpg

The only upside is that they are thinking about events, but if they look like that next time we're getting more Jynxes for Christmas and that thought by itself makes me shudder.

Moltenix

Extra candy huh, maybe I might play those couple of days again.

*continues reading*

Drowzee being even more common?! Yeah, on second thought...

_machine

They seriously need to add more Pokémon.

Hilariously misguided attempt to bring people back, holy shit.

Yilkes. Niantic really doesn't have the manpower to sustain this game.
I think you are all very misguided by your prejudices; Pokemon GO is still higher retention rates than many of the other market leaders: http://www.pocketgamer.biz/news/64154/pokemon-go-retention-on-par-with-clash-of-clans/. It's simply following the mobile game retention standards while the scale is so much higher than anything else, making "millions churned players" seem like a big deal. It's market maturation has already very much proven a long term viability and it will easily be a +$1 billion revenue giant. Not that I particularly enjoy the game myself these days, but generally people's conceptions of the mobile game market here don't match the reality at all.

Top Bottom