• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Go - Halloween Event

Buddy will award candy four times faster... so for something that usually awards 1 candy every 1k, will I now gain 1 candy every 0.25k, or 4 candies every 1k?

Either way, thankful for all the extra candy, even if I'm already drowning in Drowzees.

GulAtiCa

I wonder how the 4 times for buddy pokemon will work. Does that mean I'll get 4 candies for every X km I walk for a Pokemon, or that a 3km pokemon will now just basiclaly take 0.75km.

Really useful for my Charmander candies that I'll need. After I get my final 10, I think I'll switch to Dratini.

Lucario

Where the hell do you all live that Drowzee is so common? I've caught like two.

EDIT: Of course this happens JUST after I get 100 gastly candy.

The entire US East Coast. Boston is flooded with Jynx/Drowzee/Hypno/Gastly.

I'm happy about the change to buddy candy. Maybe I'll finally get a Dragonite and a Charizard so I can stop.

JavyOO7

I hardly see the Pokemon listed above in the OP besides Zubat, and he used to be pretty common for me when the game started. Fun little event that I will definitely take advantage of!

All the bonuses for this even are ridiculous. Coming off a bit desperate to get people playing it again, but you desperate times call for desperate measures.

MORE Drowzees?? Is such a thing possible?

On the plus side its about time they did events like this, I'm amazed its taken this long.

Nickovic

Their spawn rate is tied to latitude, iirc. More than 40* N and they're one of the most common Pokémon. Where I live, they're the third most common Pokémon after Pidgey and Rattata and are about a fifth of all spawns.

I see hundreds.

qWerJeil.jpg

Done.

Well damn, at least I've got Kangaskan?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
All the bonuses for this even are ridiculous. Coming off a bit desperate to get people playing it again, but you desperate times call for desperate measures.

Yes, fast mobile game to reach 600M in revenue in a blowout/ Clearly time for desperate measures.

Jacknapes

Even more Zubat and Drowsee, great............ Just what i wanted. One of the reasons i actually cut back on playing was due to the over-frequent appearances of these two.

This app is such a fucking disappointment. Should have started adding other generations already months ago. Instead we get a Halloween event for a couple of Pokemon, that whoever is still playing, probably has them already.

This app is such a fucking disappointment. Should have started adding other generations already months ago. Instead we get a Halloween event for a couple of Pokemon, that whoever is still playing, probably has them already.

The game only came out just months ago haha. One Gen every 6 months or so sounds fair and by that time they reach Sun and Moon there should be another 1 or 2 gen lol.

Finally, maybe I can catch a goddamn Gengar. I've been hunting for a Gengar since August, but Niantic's none existent tracking system makes it impossible to find one.

guek

Banned
Awesome!

I don't know why so many are bitter about anything pokemon go related. I still play daily ^_^

masud

Banned
Drozees are pretty rare here. I think I have 30 candies at level 28. Still haven't evolved a gengar either so this is pretty cool to me.

Toxi

Banned
They really need more Pokemon.

Even with just Gen 2, they'd have Spinarak/Ariados, Misdreavus, Houndour/Houndoom, and Murkrow as additional options for "Spooky" Pokemon.

oti

Banned

It's a Halloween event. Every F2P game has such events. Multiplying candy makes sense, since it's HALLOWEEN.

Those "special" Pokémon are suuuuuuuuuuper lame though.

I just hope that for Sun/Moon launch we'll see nre Pokémon.

Mik2121

Oh wow this game... I wonder how are the numbers these days. I stopped playing it a couple days after they added the incredibly shallow buddy system.

The game has so much potential but the more time passes by, the least people will want to jump back.

As for this event, it'd be nice if this was considered a minor update and we were getting larger and more substantial updates every once in a while.

Kneefoil

The only Pokémon more common in my area than Zubat and Drowzee are Spearow and Pidgey, so this seems like a bad idea. I guess I do welcome the Ghastly line though.

Prototype

This game doesn't move at the speed of the Internet. The updates are too far apart and not content rich enough.

Too bad. It was fun while it lasted

Cutebrute

As someone who never sees these Pokemon and still plays daily, I am excited for this event. The transfer bonus is particularly great since I'm about to farm a ton of pidgeys and rattatas lol.

I would have to think that we'll start seeing legendaries in Q1 and that the next gen of Pokemon won't appear until a comprehensive "Year 2" update. I hope we don't have to wait that long, but these events will hold me over in the meantime, to be honest.

The candy boost is kind of a big deal for a more casual player like me. Think of how mich progress to Gyrados you could make now. I deleted the app temporarily because of space issues but I may see if I can squeeze it back in to take advantage of the event. Plus Drowzee isn't super common here like it is for many people.

ViciousDS

Banned
Niantic don't work too hard on actually adding anything new.

This is a really sad event, more Zubats and Drowsees? I had over 150 candy of each launch week!!!!

udivision

This game doesn't move at the speed of the Internet. The updates are too far apart and not content rich enough.

Too bad. It was fun while it lasted

I'm not sure why it didn't launch in a more complete state, feature wise.

Server issues are their own thing, but I'm not sure how "we can patch in trading next year" is a thing that should ever be said about a social Pokemon game.

Top Bottom