• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokken Tournament for Wii U (Spring 2016 WW) Announced at Pokemon World Championships

Ok, I really wanna play this.

If the only fighting game I can play is Smash, and I couldn't get into SSF4 and Skullgirls due to its insane combos I probably won't be able to get into this either huh? Seriously I can't remember the dumb combos. :(

I would hope there wouldn't be any stupid "ok, move the analog up, left, down, then attack, then a different attack button" just to pull of a move since Pokemon games are usually easier but I have a feeling I'm screwed and it won't be easier.

Village

They actually used him for Battle Revolution on the Wii but from what I remember, a lot of people didn't like it for some reason.

What in the world

That dude is classic, hearing him and the route 1 them is one of the most iconic pokemon things... ever.

If the only fighting game I can play is Smash, and I couldn't get into SSF4 and Skullgirls due to its insane combos I probably won't be able to get into this either huh? Seriously I can't remember the dumb combos. :(

I would hope there wouldn't be any stupid "ok, move the analog up, left, down, then attack, then a different attack button" just to pull of a move since Pokemon games are usually easier but I have a feeling I'm screwed and it won't be easier.

The controls are much easier than traditional fighters like SF.

SmithnCo

They are taking a more simplified route with the controls which is much welcomed for me.

Sou Da

You should try Rising thunder.

The specials in this game appear to be nothing more than one direction plus one button, at least as far as an image posted earlier showed. The controls seem even simpler than Smash.

What is up with Blaziken's crotch area?

I didn't know he was designed this way.

Gamefreak likes doing this with Pokemon for some reason. Blaziken's not even the only Pokemon with weird fur in that area.

Fixed to make it more true.

Riffs from "Ai wo Torimodose!" just needs to start playing whenever Machamp lands dat super.

Thanks for reminding me I need to watch Fist of the North Star :p

I was thinking about the fightstick situation on wiiu

hopefully pokken supports the Smash gamecube adapter so there's a wired option for tourneys

It'll be interesting to see if the controller for the arcade version of Pokken makes it overseas, possibly in some kind of bundle. Would be an interesting wired option.

pokken-controller.png

Thanks for reminding me I need to watch Fist of the North Star :p

It'll be interesting to see if the controller for the arcade version of Pokken makes it overseas, possibly in some kind of bundle. Would be an interesting wired option.
I thought that wasn't the final design?

Alfredo

I wonder if this Pokken stuff was Aris's "secret eSports mission." I guess I could understand why Nintendo wouldn't want him, but Aris commentary for Pokken would be so sick.

V-Faction

I wonder if this Pokken stuff was Aris's "secret eSports mission." I guess I could understand why Nintendo wouldn't want him, but Aris commentary for Pokken would be so sick.

It would definitely. But, in some way, I'm glad D1 is there doing his homework. He's getting the attack names right, the mechanics right, writing down notes... Aris, while funny, might not be the best for this game right out the gate.

I was thinking about the fightstick situation on wiiu

hopefully pokken supports the Smash gamecube adapter so there's a wired option for tourneys

At the Pokken arcade cabinets they had controllers not fight sticks. Come to think of it... I dont think the controllers had analog sticks

KingBroly

Banned
Pikachu Libre is the dumbest thing I've seen TPC do. You have Hawlucha, yet don't use him?

I'll wait for...
- The Pikataker
- Pika Cena
- Pika Hogan
- Pika Lesnar
- The Pika they call Chu

How about a Pikachu that fights with kicks while spinning on its head?
Or Pikachu as a ninja who throws shurikens and sneaks around for attacks?
Or Pikachu in a godzilla costume that throws rocks and sand around?

Since we're replacing valid Pokemon with Pikachu in a costume, might as well go all in :)

"Ultimate Life Form Pikachu" can use telekinesis to fight without touching its enemy.

How about a Pikachu that fights with kicks while spinning on its head?
Or Pikachu as a ninja who throws shurikens and sneaks around for attacks?
Or Pikachu in a godzilla costume that throws rocks and sand around?

Since we're replacing valid Pokemon with Pikachu in a costume, might as well go all in :)

Is this Pikachu costume a Wii U exclusive?

Top Bottom