• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokken Tournament for Wii U (Spring 2016 WW) Announced at Pokemon World Championships

Mr-Joker

Banned
And people thought it would be moved to the NX, so glad that they where wrong.

Why another Pikachu Fighter? :(

It isn't a fighting game unless you have clones.

Just hoping that we get more Pokémon on the roster as something tells me that this isn't the final line up.

I played this game in Japan a week ago in an arcade. It was pretty fun (although I pretty much button mashed) and I liked the visuals. Can't wait to play a version of this game that I don't have to pay 100 yen to play each time.

McNum

So this is probably their big May 2016 game like Mario Kart and Splatoon before it.
If it, this makes for a pattern. Release a big multiplayer game before summer, and trickle in updates over the next months.

I'm excited to play this one. It looks fun. Pikachu Libre! Although, I want to try out Gardevior and Charizard, too... It may not matter in this game, but I do like bringing Psychic or Flying types to a Fighting Gym. Gengar can come, too.

Hatchtag

Banned
They sure as hell better have more characters in the pipeline, 9 (10 with Libre Pikachu) is extremely underwhelming, especially when they have hundreds to choose from. Not asking for a Smash 4 size roster but, one that is similar in size to Melee would be appropriate.

I'd love to see 26 characters like Melee, but I expect 16 or so at launch. I'd be kinda underwhelmed if there were less than that, and I feel that's a reasonable expectation for a first installment in a series.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It isn't a fighting game unless you have clones.

Just hoping that we get more Pokémon on the roster as something tells me that this isn't the final line up.

Nah she (yeah it's a girl) will have her own moves.

With that said FUCK YOU BAMCO WHY DID YOU NOT PUT HAWLUCHA IN

This looks legit! Now if only Nintendo would act like the Wii U has more than a year or so of life left so I would feel confident about even more great games coming out this decade

Sou Da

Have a Pokemon with a Lucha theme

"LOL let's put in Pikachu with a costume instead"

It's like Gamefreak's incompetence rubbed off on them.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Pikachu Libre is absolutely and most definitely the best concept in the entire universe.

Just look at her on the corner ropes, yelling "Pi! Ka! Chu!". It's abso-fucking-lutely adorable.

Huh, I was starting to believe they were for sure going to hold this back for the NX.

I guess it was probably planned as a Wii U game well over a year ago, though.

Hatchtag

Banned
Worldwide is the biggest news. I didn't think we'd get this outside of Japan until next Fall.

Why wouldn't we get the console ports at the same time? Arcade releases aren't big here so there's no need to wait on them, there's not a lot of text to translate in a fighting game, plus Pokemon's been going for worldwide releases recently.

So when's Mewtwo?

And a Fifth and Sixth gen character?

You'd think the Gen with the most fighting types would have more reps in a fighting game.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Perfect game to introduce a more traditional fighter to my kids. The boy child likes Smash, but it's non starter to play say TTT2 with those costumes and boobs everywhere.

raven777

WelldocumentedUnfoldedJaguar.gif

Why didn't they announce this during the original reveal?

Because it was coming out in arcades first and they wanted arcade owners to buy expensive machines.

It was obvious to everyone that it would get a console release when it was announced, just which console was the only question.

ZeroX03

Banned
So Tekken 7 and Pokken Tournament around the same time?

If they're even a little smart, they'll keep T7 the hell away from SFV. Pokken has a lot less competition due to platform.

Because it was coming out in arcades first and they wanted arcade owners to buy expensive machines.

It was obvious to everyone that it would get a console release when it was announced, just which console was the only question.

Not really. Hardware target was obviously Wii U and it had been in development for years.

I'm excited for this but it puzzles me why they went for a costumed Pikachu instead of Hawlucha. Oh well, happy the game is actually getting ported.

Does it matter when they revealed it? Not everything has to be shown off in one go..

I think it would have helped the perception after E3 that there are no games coming to Wii U in 2016 (aside from Zelda and Fire Emblem, but those have been announced years ago).

Mr-Joker

Banned
I'm excited for this but it puzzles me why they went for a costumed Pikachu instead of Hawlucha. Oh well, happy the game is actually getting ported.

If you look at the roster there is a lack of feminine looking Pokémon other than Gardevoir.

So Libre Pikachu was brought in to bump the numbers up.

Pikachu Libre is 6th gen!

She's a gen one Pokémon wearing a costume.

She doesn't count as a gen 6 Pokémon.

Top Bottom