• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PROJECT BEAST (PS4, From Software/SCE Japan Studio) - First WebMs [Port beg = ban.]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Verendus basically called it out over a year ago that "Demon Souls 2" was in development

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=58658473

Here goes the rest of his leaks on what in development

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=71100706&postcount=459

DemonNite alluded to it, to the point someone even got it right, even told us about shadow of the beast!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=66459256&postcount=155

So we've been given hints about this for a long time... One last thing. I had an exchange with DemonNite this year and he said

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=99682685&postcount=62

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=99682967&postcount=65

It's coming this year

BELIEVE

Looks more like stabs in the dark from Verendus to me. Where's the KH game? PS4 didn't launch in Japan in 2013. Also, only 9 more months before GT PS4 releases? I also don't see how FF16 will be announced between this year and the next when we're not even sure whether FF15 will launch next year.

Ridley327

To be fair, launching a new IP is way different from launching a sequel (and especially an annualized sequel.) Even slapping "From the makers of..." on the box doesn't do it. Look at how it took a year to build up The Last of Us, and not many PS fans have doubts of Naughty Dog's ability to deliver.

Again, I'd like to point out that Demon's Souls was announced and released within six months.

mechphree

To be fair, launching a new IP is way different from launching a sequel (and especially an annualized sequel.) Even slapping "From the makers of..." on the box doesn't do it. Look at how it took a year to build up The Last of Us, and not many PS fans have doubts of Naughty Dog's ability to deliver.

I think with so many delays this year it would be the perfect time to release a new ip for current gen. Look how good watch dogs did because of how May was basically empty with no major releases. Any new IP that gets announced is going to have a hard time 2015 with all the other big games coming out to be heard. I wish more developers would wait deeper into development to announce. 6 or 8 months later after announcement would be fine for me.

"Sony has lot more than 15 exclusives planned for PS4's first year on the market. You've already seen 4 retail ones. There's another 4 retail exclusives due to be unveiled for year one release"

LOL. Verendus

I-hate-u

"Sony has lot more than 15 exclusives planned for PS4's first year on the market. You've already seen 4 retail ones. There's another 4 retail exclusives due to be unveiled for year one release"

LOL. Verendus

Lets not do this man. Things change. No one knew what the eff happened in the past year that resulted in all these delays and a canned IP. Lets respect our members integrity pl0x.

kuroshiki

To be fair, this game is clearly directed toward for soul fans and they need no further confirmation than 'It is made by miyazaki, yo.'.

Also TLOU was brand new IP, while this game is basically a sequel of demons soul.

LOL. Verendus

Retail exclusives for year one (plan)

1. Knack
2. Killzone
3. Driveclub
4. Infamous
5. MLB
6. TLOU:R
7. The Order
8. Singstar

He's right you know.

Looks more like stabs in the dark from Verendus to me. Where's the KH game? PS4 didn't launch in Japan in 2013. Also, only 9 more months before GT PS4 releases? I also don't see how FF16 will be announced between this year and the next when we're not even sure whether FF15 will launch next year.

with "this year" he could meant this fiscal year.. but no way FF16 will be PS4 exclusiv and if there is a KH game scheduled for 2014, we would had heard about it by now.

Hideo

Alreade been posted?
7ffeee4b54a3a41c38f5b2c0f70c45ca.jpg
fce6ece84e9316fa28cd19dc8b3accfb.jpg
d9da5aeaf0f20b2a90c0893f31cb89ef.jpg
07f56435c5e79238c89be21ddbc0cd10.jpg

Hexa

with "this year" he could meant this fiscal year.. but no way FF16 will be PS4 exclusiv and if there is a KH game scheduled for 2014, we would had heard about it by now.

I think it would be reasonable to announce and release 2.5 this year. Still holding out hope for that. :p

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN
Not only do I find these gifs with texts forced on lame, but Souls game never had and never will have the mass appeal of Halo. Megaton only on GAF.

After Halo 4? True, the Halo name carries a lot more weight than "______ Souls", but Halo 4 was considered a disappointment by the majority of the community. Just look at the mp numbers. Look at how most of those frothing at the mouth for H2:A are pretty much only doing so on the condition that the multiplayer is 1:1 with the original H2. As a result, most halo fans are merely cautiously optimistic about halo 5 as 343i haven't quite gained the trust of the fan base.

H5 could change that, but as yet, 343i are unproven to a lot of the community. Is it going to be call of halo, or a true halo 5? If it's the latter, it will be a massive success and will no doubt shift xbones quicker than you can say "Phil Spencer". If it's the former, it will probably still be very successful, but the community will burn out and lose even more trust in 343i quicker than you can say "Don Mattrick".

Now imagine if Bungie came out and said "Destiny was a joke. We're really working on a new Halo trilogy". The excitement would be unbelievable. That's what we're getting in Beast souls. A new experience from one of the best new directors out there after a slight disappointment from the (and I hate saying this) "b team". That's why the excitement is so high. True, these games are possibly slightly too hardcore to gain massive mainstream appeal, but if 343i codify halo to the point of no return, the series will suffer massively, whereas project beast is a highly important game and will no doubt be a huge success with the hardcore crowd. And let's face it, pretty much everyone on forums like gaf are part of the hardcore.

Gorillaz

I like the 2 pics with the dude holding the sword and the birds attacking the guy.

It feels weird that this game, Miyazaki's work, is happening. I feel like this might bet the next logical step in the Souls formula

Man, it feels so refreshing playing demon's souls again, because of the hype.

Btw anyone noticed the lack of particle effects in the leaked footage? Ps4 exclusives are usually full of those.

Jack cw

Btw anyone noticed the lack of particle effects in the leaked footage? Ps4 exclusives are usually full of those.

Those effects are missing because FROM implemented AF instead.
Joke aside, we need to see more footage in better quality to get an idea of the engine and whit it's capable of.

Seems far fetched.

Not at all. The game really shouts Solomon Kane from the very brief clips we've seen.

Miyazaki has talked about things like Frank Frazetta art and Conan the barbarian being an influence on Demon Soul's, in addition to more classical Western literature. It makes sense that if he was going for something advancing beyond the medieval period of Demon's Souls he and the team would take a long look at Howard's Solomon Kane stories and the related media.

Verendus is legit. He was explicitly talking about FFXV and KH3 for PS4 a year before they where revealed. Still there have occasions where he has dropped the ball (Ishin localization).

Other interesting rumours from him( take with a grain of salt pls):

-SCEJ has another JRPG (FF like) in development.
-SEGA has another PS4 exclusive (Valkyria Chronicles 4?)
-KH 2.5 (?) coming to PS4

This thread has really slowed down...

Expected to. I've never seen a trailer spawn a thread of 1.5 million views let alone 18 seconds leaked form said trailer.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Imagine a Sony E3 conference where this had been the secret "Oh, one more thing" finale.

Would've been the ultimate WIN of all time

Jonnax

S¡mon;114826981 said:
It would be fun if Sony simply didn't mention this game at all at E3. Wait for Gamescom or something.

That wouldn't be fun at all. But just imagine if all the Project Beast stuff we've seen was just some university student's project where they were experimenting with the unreal development kit.

Corto

That wouldn't be fun at all. But just imagine if all the Project Beast stuff we've seen was just some university student's project where they were experimenting with the unreal development kit.

I would give those students a few millions dollars to make a game.

Donos

Then Sony/insiders would have shot down the "rumor". When everybody gets hyped up for a game which is not real and you (Sony) don't announce anything (because there is no game) than major disappointment/rage and bad PR is inevitable.

Verendus basically called it out over a year ago that "Demon Souls 2" was in development

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=58658473

Here goes the rest of his leaks on what in development

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=71100706&postcount=459

DemonNite alluded to it, to the point someone even got it right, even told us about shadow of the beast!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=66459256&postcount=155

So we've been given hints about this for a long time... One last thing. I had an exchange with DemonNite this year and he said

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=99682685&postcount=62

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=99682967&postcount=65

It's coming this year

BELIEVE

Unless a lot of bombs drop @ E3, Verendus seems off the mark on a bit of his 'insider' info from last May.
Then again, I've always been wary of his info
but wanna believe!

DemonNite, on the other hand.... ;)

^In demonnite we trust. So Project Beast and TLG is now Soony's nov and dec releases! Makes sense; DC, The Order, PB and TLG were supposed to cover oct thru dec but 1886 got pushed back a bit. I like this, please make it happen Shu.

Studio Japan redemption: pushing out two games in as many months

On Demand

Banned
think how absurd it is. The GIFs we've seen represent a fucking massive leap visually from every Souls game we've seen before, even the original Dark Souls 2 from the videos. Even in the low quality versions we've been getting, it's easy to see the massive leap forward it is in everything from geometry to shaders.

You think they created a whole new engine this advanced for some Dark Souls 2 re-release and some DLC? When the game released THIS YEAR?

I don't know man. I hope you're right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom