• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PROJECT BEAST (PS4, From Software/SCE Japan Studio) - First WebMs [Port beg = ban.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
You notice that you are the only one who even considers that crap to be remotely possible?

Maybe it's a sign that it's nothing to be "concerned" about.

tumblr_n5wwp9cW7O1qlo8oyo1_1280.jpg

lol

I just started Demon's Souls again in hopes of getting hyped for this. I actually hated the game when I first played it because I tried being a knight and would play too aggressively. Now, I'm trying as a royalty. I just beat 1-1 and I'm really enjoying using magic.

Verendus is legit. He was explicitly talking about FFXV and KH3 for PS4 a year before they where revealed. Still there have occasions where he has dropped the ball (Ishin localization).

Other interesting rumours from him( take with a grain of salt pls):

-SCEJ has another JRPG (FF like) in development.
-SEGA has another PS4 exclusive (Valkyria Chronicles 4?)
-KH 2.5 (?) coming to PS4

Expected to. I've never seen a trailer spawn a thread of 1.5 million views let alone 18 seconds leaked form said trailer.

Don't forget the FF7 remake!

Respawn

Banned
I just started Demon's Souls again in hopes of getting hyped for this. I actually hated the game when I first played it because I tried being a knight and would play too aggressively. Now, I'm trying as a royalty. I just beat 1-1 and I'm really enjoying using magic.
I did two playthroughs as a Knight and loved every minute of it.

Gammacide

I'm really curious how shotgun gameplay is going to be implemented. Doesn't look like bow gameplay which makes sense as they're not nearly as precise. And surely in a world where one gun like this exists...more exist? Bigger guns? Rifles? Cannons? I need to know so much more about this title, but nothing too specific. I went all in for Demon's Souls after only seeing the technically awful but otherwise STUNNING TGS trailer and it was the best gaming decision of my life. Nothing will compare to that import for me. I really hope the same sense of mystery and dread and innovative online play can be achieved here.

Saw another post discussing Solomon Kane. I'm not familiar with it. Looking it up, it indeed seems like a strong influence design-wise, right down to the hat. Looks like a fun series and rather old, from those "Weird Tales" comics of the 30s or 40s I think.

Just a few more days..

Jomjom

Banned
Imagine a Sony E3 conference where this had been the secret "Oh, one more thing" finale.

Would've been the ultimate WIN of all time

When's the last time one of the big 3 have had a one more thing finale? I honestly cannot remember. Seems kind of rare now.

Jomjom

Banned
Sony, VitaTV. ( it was a one last thing moment, for what it is worth now )

It's weird but I'd be ok with that if it was the one last thing moment for this E3. I'm probably the only one that would be ok with that.

I just want a VitaTV released in the US PLEASE!

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN
This doesn't make a lick of sense.

Are you saying people wouldn't be more excited about Halo 5 if Bungie were making it as opposed to 343i? I was explaining that part of the reason people are so excited about project as Miyazaki and his team are making this one as opposed to the (and I hate saying this) "B team" that made Dark Souls 2. In the case of Halo, Bungie would be regarded as the A team and 343i the B team.

TomShoe

Banned
Are you saying people wouldn't be more excited about Halo 5 if Bungie were making it as opposed to 343i? I was explaining that part of the reason people are so excited about project as Miyazaki and his team are making this one as opposed to the (and I hate saying this) "B team" that made Dark Souls 2. In the case of Halo, Bungie would be regarded as the A team and 343i the B team.

He's only saying it doesn't make sense because this is a near impossibility. I doubt Bungie wants to go back to being a Halo factory, especially after their ugly split with Microsoft.

Seems far fetched.

I am the one that originally brought up the Solomon Kane connection. I am glad people are running with it. I own every Solomon Kane book, short story, Omnibus, graphic novel and comic. The connection, or rather vibe was quite present for me when I saw the first weapon in Project Beast. It just seemed to fit. I am not saying Project Beast is Solomon Kane. I am saying that it gives me that feeling that I had all those years ago laying awake at night reading Howard's stories.

If it were to be Solomon Kane then quite honestly it would be a stroke of genius. And of course we would all be rich as I would certainly crap a truckload of gold bricks. Here is a man that lived in literary fashion long before Geralt of Rivia. He was the original wanderer, monster hunter, and swordsman, as skilled with pistols and a rifle as he was with a sword or the Staff of N'Longa, aka, the Staff of Solomon.

So are we certain it's gonna be at E3 now?

I can't wait to see a proper trailer for this game, but I don't want to get too excited for something that might not be there.

I can't wait to see a proper trailer for this game, but I don't want to get too excited for something that might not be there.

At this point Destiny and The Order are the only two games that we know for sure will be at Sony's conference. Both have been confirmed.

Commander Kook

Neo Member
I might be alone on this, but I don't see a hat on the main character. Instead I see a cape with a high collar (or whatever the technical term might be). It looks like a hat in the first shot of him running away from the camera, but the following two clips make it look like a Dracula like cape, particularly at the fog gate.

I might be alone on this, but I don't see a hat on the main character. Instead I see a cape with a high collar (or whatever the technical term might be). It looks like a hat in the first shot of him running away from the camera, but the following two clips make it look like a Dracula like cape, particularly at the fog gate.

nAFHIx1.png

i think in this pic you can see it is a hat

I don't really like fantasy stuff but From nails the art direction

Was watching the Witcher trailer and it's got the technical stuff down but the art falls pretty flat.

I like the Killer Pilgrim Set - hat and all - but the Barefoot Kabuki Set is pretty stylin' for a cross-eyed baldy. (this is tangentially related to the aesthetic origin conversation: Solomon Kane, Chakan, Vampire Hunter D, Witch Hunters, Zhong Kui (Shoki Demon-Queller), etc... or this Utagawa Kuniyoshi woodblock print of a Strength Build with a sword but also toting around that gargantuan boomstick.) but mostly just wanted to post this image - i mean look at that mean muggabugga.

710px-Kuniyoshi_Utagawa%2C_The_actor_17.jpg

hitsugi

It would be extremely, EXTREMELY disappointing and difficult to accept having those leaks with no trailer in sight if it's not at E3.

I don't think I can conceive of a more desired game than a next-gen Souls game. Feels odd to have the best surprise of E3 already leaked and widely discussed. It doesn't hamper my excitement in the least though.

Rurunaki

Re-watching Solomon Kane on Netflix in preparation for this..

From what was leaked, there are a lot of similarities between the two..

I didn't know about Solomon Kane but it definitely looks like From got inspired by it in some way. I've also been mentioning Vampire Hunter D since it's similar in style.

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN
He's only saying it doesn't make sense because this is a near impossibility. I doubt Bungie wants to go back to being a Halo factory, especially after their ugly split with Microsoft.

I know. It was just a "what if" scenario to explain why we're all so excited for project beast.

Allegedly, it was meant to be unveiled at tgs 2013, but wasn't. I think it's a pretty safe bet for e3.

This might be the game that the share button was made for

Tell me about it. I was lamenting the lack of the share button on the ps3 while playing dark souls 2 recently. I was doing some pvp at the
iron keep
and decided to try the ultra greatsword for the first time. I managed to connect a heavy attack and the other guy went flying into the air, over the side of the bridge and into the
lava
. It was so unexpected, I was laughing for a good fifteen minutes straight. The other guy was a good sport about it too.

I was skeptical about the necessity of the share button until that point. Now I think it's a genius idea.

Rambone

I'm not seeing the connection between Berserk and the Souls games. Can somebody fill me in on this? They both might take place in a similar fantasy setting but outside of that I see no connection. Solomon Kane seems more of a fit so far to Project Beast but that can change pending on more content being revealed.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I'm not seeing the connection between Berserk and the Souls games. Can somebody fill me in on this? They both might take place in a similar fantasy setting but outside of that I see no connection. Solomon Kane seems more of a fit so far to Project Beast but that can change pending on more content being revealed.

berserkanddemonssouls.jpg

rdrr gnr

What the fuck. Is that .gif a spoiler? I'm behind on Fargo. Do we have to do this every E3? Last time people where ruining Game of Thrones.
It's from the first episode. How far behind are you?
I just finished The Americans. Was going to start Fargo Sunday actually. Watched part of the premiere about ten minutes to see if it was worth it. If it's from the first episode that makes me feel better, but still, I didn't want to see it in .gif form -- webm, maybe.

Grewitch

Wait, this image has five circles or zeroes: the white ring, the dead space, the actual disk, the blue light at the edge of the disk and the hole of the disk.

What does this mean?

I'm not going to count the lady's eyes in case my brain explodes, but if we count the eys as a single pair, that would make 6 circles = 6 years for TLG - TLG confirmed! OMG! *Brain explodes*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom