• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PROJECT BEAST (PS4, From Software/SCE Japan Studio) - First WebMs [Port beg = ban.]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Sony has at least a few big surprises left.

I would hate to think their biggest ace for this conference was blown more than a month out.

aravuus

And a very obvious fake at that

But I guess some people swallow all kinds of shit

e: not necessarily referring to you, tangibledream

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
All I have to say thus far... I really love the art direction! Not enough material to discuss beyond that.
Yeah I dig the gothic theme. BTW I wonder if From is using a new engine for this.

I think back when they were showing off Dark Souls 2 they said that they built its engine to work well on next gen systems, so Project Beast might be the fruit of that labor.

Sami+

Yeah I dig the gothic theme. BTW I wonder if From is using a new engine for this.

I think back when they were showing off Dark Souls 2 they said that they built its engine to work well on next gen systems, so Project Beast might be the fruit of that labor.

That seems likely. Hopefully SCEJ can help them make a technically proficient game.

If you mean the laughably bad shop posted on this page http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=827572&page=122

Much better fakes were created by GAF starting here http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=827572&page=127

Yup that's the one. Since there hasn't been any official confirmation as to the exclusivity, I still had doubts. A big part of me knew it was fake though, because no game asks you to press 'select' to start, but I just had to make sure.

Toxi

Banned

Lighting confirmed.

Orayn

Probably some variant of Phyre, either developed in parallel with Dark Souls II's engine or the same one with a few tweaks and more eye candy enabled.

Is there any chance at all of this releasing this year?

Anyone have an estimate of how long it's been in development?

The limited overlap between the Dark Souls and Dark Souls II teams means that the people who didn't return for the sequel could have been working on this for quite a while, but it's impossible to say for sure.

Bloodrage

Banned
Is there any chance at all of this releasing this year?

Anyone have an estimate of how long it's been in development?
If DemonNite was teasing the reveal for TGS 2013, and Miyazaki/From finished Dark Souls in 2011, I'd say it's been in development since then.

My question is how old is that trailer?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Oh right, thanks for jogging my memory. There was that crazy demon portion of that series (mostly the latter half) and now I can see how somebody could make this connection. Thanks.

The guys at From Software obviously love dark fantasy stuff and am pretty sure a lot of them if anything Miyazaki-san is familiar with a bunch of stuff including western related Dark Fantasy materials.

I-hate-u

I would hate to think their biggest ace for this conference was blown more than a month out.

A realistic but a tad optimistic highlights of what I expect of games lineup:

1) Uncharted 4 trailer
2) Order 1886 demo
3) Driveclub trailer and info
4) Either GG or QD game announcement.
5) Bend's new game for next year
6) Project Beast trailer for summer next year
7) The Last Guardian trailer and a release window for early next year
8) Something related to PS 20th and ND 30th anniversary, something that was the reason for the movie theater experience this year.
CRASH BANDICOOT

Announcements from MM, SSM, SP, SCEJ and PD will probably be saved for GS,TGS or VGA.

Third party will include EA/Ubi/Acti and WB. Kojima might pop up and so will Yoshinoro Ono from Capcom. SE will probably be at MS presser only.

Orayn

The guys at From Software obviously love dark fantasy stuff and am pretty sure a lot of them if anything Miyazaki-san is familiar with a bunch of stuff including western related Dark Fantasy materials.

Interestingly enough, the only series Miyazaki actually namedropped as an influence on Demon's Souls was Fighting Fantasy. It goes a long way to explain some of the weirder parts of the Souls series, since everything was described rather than shown and Miyazaki had to rely on his imagination even more because he was still in the process of learning English when he read them.

Was gonna post the same thing. Dude is taking doom and gloom to anther level entirely.
He just REALLY needs to express his concern. He's really, really worried about Sony. They're obviously in trouble, and if they go down, the industry goes with them. It's a house of cards, and soon it's gonna come crashing down. Soony is the industry's last hope.

Stefan™;115113373 said:
Are we positive that TLG will make an appearance this year? If not..
No, we're not. It's rumored.

No one annually knows what's going to be there aside from what has been officially announced. Which is par for the course for E3.

Hexa

What if Project Beast is TLG...

iuEgKJxo92vos.gif

Stefan™;115113373 said:

It's best to not expect TLG to be there. There's no real reason to expect it to be there other than the usual "Well, if it's not now then when?". But that's not a reason to expect it.

Styles

No, we're not. It's rumored.

No one annually knows what's going to be there aside from what has been officially announced. Which is par for the course for E3.

It's best to not expect TLG to be there. There's no real reason to expect it to be there other than the usual "Well, if it's not now then when?". But that's not a reason to expect it.

Ah. Just wanted to clear that up, 'cause some make it seem like TLG was guaranteed to be there.

orochi91

Stefan™;115113373 said:

It won't be there this year.

Japanese developers don't seem to be good at hitting deadlines with regards to ambitious projects.

TLG will likely be at 2015 E3, along with the majority of Sony WWS games.

Shengar

That Solomon Kane picture comparison with Project Beast a few pages back makes me googled its name. To my surprise, it was originally authored by Robert E. Howard, who was also known for Conan the Barbarian, the book that fathered many fantasy books and also the main root of inspiration for wizardy, I wouldn't be surprised if Miyazaki took Solomon Kane as the main inspiration this time. That guy is particularly crazy on wizardy or western fantasy.

SDCowboy

I believe a mod/admin already commented in this thread that Project Beast wasn't their ace. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom