• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PROJECT BEAST (PS4, From Software/SCE Japan Studio) - First WebMs [Port beg = ban.]

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Solomon Kane picture comparison with Project Beast a few pages back makes me googled its name. To my surprise, it was originally authored by Robert E. Howard, who was also known for Conan the Barbarian, the book that fathered many fantasy books and also the main root of inspiration for wizardy, I wouldn't be surprised if Miyazaki took Solomon Kane as the main inspiration this time. That guy is particularly crazy on wizardy or western fantasy.

Yes, he has lots of interesting characters other than Conan. Quite a few of which have been turned into comics/films.

Oni Jazar

Screw those who say Sony needs another megaton after this release.

Just give me a high res version of the full trailer and some gameplay info and I'll be satisfied with E3.

Squalor

Damn, this thread is still going.

It's a shame a third of it is made up of trolling and responding to the trolling.

Anyway, I am so excited for this game's reveal.

Liamc723

Just give me a high res version of the full trailer and some gameplay info and I'll be satisfied with E3.

That might satisfy you, but Project Beast would not be enough to please me, they need more.

Lemondish

Swap TLOU2 and Infamous for new IPs and I'd be veryyyyyyy happy

Won't happen. Sorry, mate. Not unless you're okay with smaller titles leading the way. AAA game development is expensive and risky. New IP is also risky. A new IP from ND following a new IP just seems like tempting fate. I also don't believe we should get in the way of creative teams who actually want to do a sequel. Have you seen how passionate Sucker Punch was to show off Seattle and tackle a new platform with a familiar franchise?

sora87

Won't happen. Sorry, mate. Not unless you're okay with smaller titles leading the way. AAA game development is expensive and risky. New IP is also risky. A new IP from ND following a new IP just seems like tempting fate. I also don't believe we should get in the way of creative teams who actually want to do a sequel. Have you seen how passionate Sucker Punch was to show off Seattle and tackle a new platform with a familiar franchise?

I did see their passion, but I think Infamous has run it's course now, there's not really a lot more you can do with the franchise.

When it comes to Naughty Dog, they usually kick off a new gen with a new IP, and it always becomes a fantastic franchise, that's the only reason I'd prefer something new to a Last of Us sequel.

Lemondish

I did see their passion, but I think Infamous has run it's course now, there's not really a lot more you can do with the franchise.

When it comes to Naughty Dog, they usually kick off a new gen with a new IP, and it always becomes a fantastic franchise, that's the only reason I'd prefer something new to a Last of Us sequel.

While that's considered usual for ND, I think those plans changed when the last gen lasted so long. That's not to say they won't release a new IP, but I just don't think it's likely anytime soon. Evan Wells did recently tease a new project on the early stages already starting though, so I guess that could be it. Lots of preproduction necessary and I think they should be given a chance to expand the brilliant world of the Last of Us if they so desire.

I think you're right about Sucker Punch, though. Maybe they'll be hungry for something new now that they've already released a current gen title.

On Demand

Banned
That might satisfy you, but Project Beast would not be enough to please me, they need more.

Yeah, this game is going to be great i'm sure but i want more than one game.

Sony needs more titles this year. When i bought a PS2 in 2001 i got GTA3 and MGS Sons Of Liberty. When i bought a PS3 in 2007 i got Resistance Fall Of Man, Ratchet & Clank Future Tools of Destruction, and Uncharted Drake's Fortune.

I was going to buy a PS4 this year and get Batman Arkham knight, but now it's not coming till next year. Neither is The Order now. So i don't know if i should still get it. There are no Sony first party titles coming out this year like they were for PS2 and PS3's second year. At least that we know of besides Driveclub. But i'm honestly not expecting any new first party titles to be released this year. Sony is going to ride the year out with 3rd party titles.

Just musing... I hope that if this is more or less a Souls game that invasions are handled differently. What if the invading player took control of an enemy in the zone, or spawned in as a type of enemy, sort of like Left 4 Dead?

How often are you going to repeat this?

As if it were Sony fault that some A-hole felt the need to leak the info after he signed an NDA. Also as if posting crappy pics and 5 seconds of horribly compressed footage is reason enough to turn a blind eye towards the game from now on.
The era of fast food thinking...

Blinck

Just musing... I hope that if this is more or less a Souls game that invasions are handled differently. What if the invading player took control of an enemy in the zone, or spawned in as a type of enemy, sort of like Left 4 Dead?

What would be of fashion souls then ?!? :p I like to play dress up to invade other people in style! :D

MavFan619

Banned

I'm in this camp too but a lot of people on the twitter need every 1st party project shown at E3 to be shown for satisfaction. Gimme that Project Beast I'll be alright.

Some people took it for granted but there will be Project Beast

And later this year there will be an exclusive, the third chapter in a saga

Cubed

I feel like I'm the only person on Gaf that'll use this reveal as their Sony Conference bathroom break.

It doesn't look interesting to me in the slightest. I wish I liked From Software's stuff half as much as most of you.

spwolf

Yeah, this game is going to be great i'm sure but i want more than one game.

Sony needs more titles this year. When i bought a PS2 in 2001 i got GTA3 and MGS Sons Of Liberty. When i bought a PS3 in 2007 i got Resistance Fall Of Man, Ratchet & Clank Future Tools of Destruction, and Uncharted Drake's Fortune.

I was going to buy a PS4 this year and get Batman Arkham knight, but now it's not coming till next year. Neither is The Order now. So i don't know if i should still get it. There are no Sony first party titles coming out this year like they were for PS2 and PS3's second year. At least that we know of besides Driveclub. But i'm honestly not expecting any new first party titles to be released this year. Sony is going to ride the year out with 3rd party titles.

i thought ps4 has way more games than ps3 in its first 12 months of release...

Sumo has been working on that Hub game for some time. I could see Hub being formerly announced with gameplay and a date for PS4/PS3.

MM has built an amazing foundation for LBP games and after LBP Vita I am ok with other studios handling the franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom