• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Cafe Rumor Cafe [Weinerpoop Post 7513]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boney

Banned
Nirolak said:
*Looks through mod terminal information*

Oh shit, you're right.
ohhhh shiieeeet

can't believe you didn't tell me freakfeet :(

sowy for the offtopic Mr. Nirolak :)

wait.. weinerpoop???

While we're all waiting for more news/info/rumors to surface on Project Cafe, here's an interesting interview on GameCube's graphics (the Flipper GPU) with ATI's Greg Buchner from 2001:

part 1:
http://cube.ign.com/articles/099/099520p1.html

part 2:
http://cube.ign.com/articles/099/099566p1.html

Hopefully AMD & Nintendo have gone far beyond Flipper's circa 1999 architecture now, with Cafe's GPU. Hopefully it's a custom variant of RV770 or RV740. I guess we'll know something tomorrow.

Nintendo Weinerpoop

It's the reason every Wiimote came with a condom.

can't believe no one made that joke yet.
And I'm surprised we can access the Warioworld site at all. A few days ago you would be forced to log in if you tried to access the site at all. Now it seems Nintendo have changed all the links on their site as to not be so obvious in the future since that is how we confirmed the codename for the new project.

Rolf NB

Gravijah said:
Maybe it's German for something.
Wien is Vienna, Austria. Wiener means either a person from Vienna, or a particular style of sausage, supposedly "invented" in Vienna.

/free education

dankir

Microsoft's entire conference was pretty much leaked, I expect the same for Sony's soon.

WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE NINTENDO LEAKS?!?@!?

J-Rock

Banned
Graphics Horse said:
Serious answer:

A random url is invented on a forum a while back to compare against Cafe's legitimate section of warioworld.com
url gets clicked on lots of times, even though there's nothing there.
url shows up on Google search.
GAF madness.

Outside of that...erm, not much.

I missed all this. Is it mostly a joke or does it actually tell us something?

dwu8991

Banned
dankir said:
Microsoft's entire conference was pretty much leaked, I expect the same for Sony's soon.

God that is so embrassing. I'm so glad Nintendo can keep everything top secret.
You can't be exactly be blown away if you knew what was incoming.

Myriadis

dankir said:

I'd rather have surprise after surprise at the actual conference instead of leaks just to satisfy me for the moment.

KrawlMan

dankir said:

Much of it was leaked in the last 12 hours or less (just before their conference). Not that I actually want Nintendo leaks (the conference is just 24 hours away), but wait until tomorrow morning before you make the comparison.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Nintendo is usually the best at preventing leaks, so I wouldn't hold your breath waiting.

Last time we only found out about New Super Mario Bros Wii because the drape they used was slightly see-though. That drape was promptly brought out back and shot, execution style. So don't expect a repeat.

morningbus said:
Nintendo is usually the best at preventing leaks, so I wouldn't hold your breath waiting.

Last time we only found out about New Super Mario Bros Wii because the drape they used was slightly see-though. That drape was promptly brought out back and shot, execution style. So don't expect a repeat.

No, Nikkei went out and reported that a 4 player Mario was coming before the event, i believe.

If you had a one-time offer to order a Cafe right now for $350, knowing absolutely nothing about it except current rumors, and receive the device on Friday with one game by Nintendo (knowing the system wouldnt officially launch until 2012) would you?

Oh, and you would be able to resell it until after the sytem's launch

Dreamwriter said:
If you had a one-time offer to order a Cafe right now for $350, knowing absolutely nothing about it except current rumors, and receive the device on Friday with one game by Nintendo (knowing the system wouldnt officially launch until 2012) would you?
Of course.

snesfreak

Banned
Dreamwriter said:

Yes.

Dreamwriter said:

Yes. I would buy it now.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I wonder how Nintendo made it possible for no real leaks about games and actual hardware to show up prior to the conference.

I'm having flashbacks of that Penny Arcade comic about bombs inside people heads.

Bisnic said:
I wonder how Nintendo made it possible for no real leaks about games and actual hardware to show up prior to the conference.

I'm having flashbacks of that Penny Arcade comic about bombs inside people heads.
Part of it is company loyalty, part of it is fear (Nintendo NDA's are crazy), and part is just not telling anybody anything. Nintendo only tells their most trusted partners, and all individuals developing for new hardware must sign extra NDA's that require things like only using code names in discussions, and working apart from other people in sealed rooms with no windows.

atbigelow

I had a dream last night that a new sidescrolling Metroid game was leaked. The dream was basically me just reading a GAF thread with everyone going "OH SHIII" and links to artwork.

Poyunch

Dreamwriter said:

Yes. >.>

Can't believe From the Dust was feet. :O

CassSept

atbigelow said:
I had a dream last night that a new sidescrolling Metroid game was leaked. The dream was basically me just reading a GAF thread with everyone going "OH SHIII" and links to artwork.
My God, if this got real I'd go on a virtuous mission to play it as soon as possible.

I've replayed MZM last weekend, if we got another game in this vein I'd go bearshit insane. As much as I love SM and consider it one of my top3 fav games ever, I prefer physics engine of MZM over it. I absolutely adore the fast-paced, fluid, not-as-floaty-as-SM style. If we were to get another game like this... myyyy goooood

ReyVGM

Yeah, I'm glad tomorrow everything will be revealed... because this topic, once my main reading material, is now a joke.

Trurl

Banned
ReyVGM said:
Yeah, I'm glad tomorrow everything will be revealed... because this topic, once my main reading material, is now a joke.
Agreed. Post 7513 really killed this thread for me.

dwu8991

Banned
herzogzwei1989 said:
Microsoft's conference was pretty bad, now all eyes are on Sony and especially Nintendo.

Shit, it's really difficult to type right now lol.

Gears looks HOT HOT HOT, looks better than PS3 game save for Uncharted and maybe God of War. Unless Nintendo has something as hardcore as Gears, Nintendo may not win E3 after all!

dwu8991 said:
Gears looks HOT HOT HOT, looks better than PS3 game save for Uncharted and maybe God of War. Unless Nintendo has something as hardcore as Gears, Nintendo may not win E3 after all!
lol sorry but one game doesn't cancel out all that fail. especially a sequel.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
dwu8991 said:

fIahh.gif

dwu8991

Banned
Testicular Sound Express said:
lol sorry but one game doesn't cancel out all that fail. especially a sequel.

Nintendo didn't bring out anything special last year, save for DKCR and Nintendo 3DS.

J-Rock

Banned
dwu8991 said:

Were you recently in a car accident where you hit your head and your brain died?

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Grampa Simpson said:
The best thing that I could see from him would be something like:

I just watched the MS conference. *laughs*

That would be amazing! XD He's too polite for that though.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
dwu8991 said:

LOL junior

Anth0ny

Yep shit's on Sony and Nintendo's shoulders now. I have a feeling they'll both shit on Microsoft's press conference... wasn't expecting much from them, but god damn that was bad.

CassSept said:
My God, if this got real I'd go on a virtuous mission to play it as soon as possible.

I've replayed MZM last weekend, if we got another game in this vein I'd go bearshit insane. As much as I love SM and consider it one of my top3 fav games ever, I prefer physics engine of MZM over it. I absolutely adore the fast-paced, fluid, not-as-floaty-as-SM style. If we were to get another game like this... myyyy goooood
Agreed. I just played through SM for the first time and ZM controls are much tighter.

Damn. What if they gave Retro 2D Metroid?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Trurl said:
Nintendo better leak something fast in order to nip all of this positive XBox buzz in the bud.

HA HA HA OH MAN

Just read through the GAF conference thread--there is no positive buzz to be had among this crowd.

Have we had any good melt downs yet? I know we now have E3 Bear and Weinerpoop, but it's not E3 until someone has a melt down. I swear the people are WarioWorld is just fucking with us.

BTW, did anyone send weinerpoop to Kotaku or N4G yet?

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
After that Microsoft conference I'm almost convinced Nintendo are Master Trolls and tomorrow could be legendary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom