• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Cafe Rumor Cafe [Weinerpoop Post 7513]

Status
Not open for further replies.
From CheapyD of Cheapassgamer's twitter

@Shipwreck predicts Project Cafe playable outside of Nintendo press conference

315679164.jpg

I'm surprised by the lack of info so far. I'm still amazed by how big the thread has gotten, though. It's actually got more views than the MS conference thread haha.

Oh, and I can't believe they took our avatars again. I feel so naked. :()

dwu8991

Banned
SolarPowered said:
I'm surprised by the lack of info so far. I'm still amazed by how big the thread has gotten, though. It's actually got more views than the MS conference thread haha.

Oh, and I can't believe they took our avatars again. I feel so naked. :()

MS poor showing makes it really hard to justify a 3 console future.

jwluther

Deadly Joker said:
From CheapyD of Cheapassgamer's twitter

@Shipwreck predicts Project Cafe playable outside of Nintendo press conference

315679164.jpg
How is that a prediction? Nintendo confirmed it when they announced that Cafe would be at E3.

antonz

jwluther said:
How is that a prediction? Nintendo confirmed it when they announced that Cafe would be at E3.
I think they are talking more to the fact outside the conference as in location due to the mass setup outside

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
TheMagician said:
I'm gonna miss pointer controls for FPS games....

:(

Rumors are it is BC with Wii remotes.

Dystify

antonz said:
I think they are talking more to the fact outside the conference as in location due to the mass setup outside
I believe that's what they meant in their announcement. I could be wrong though.

Heh, after seeing all the new Battlefield 3 footage, I really doubt that Project Cafe will be able to handle it, unless it's a real step up from 360/PS3.

DECK'ARD said:
Gyros and stuff will be bolted in, but I think full-on motion controls will be left to backwards compatibility with the wiimote.

If this controller is going to be what it's rumoured to be, it will be because it supplies a new interface/way of playing and it's that which will define the system. They could bundle in a wiimote as well, but I don't see them splitting the angle of the system like that.

I think it's how they will use touch that is going to be interesting, and maybe how the controllers are used in relation to each other will be as important as how they are used in relation to the system.

How Nintendo apply technology is always the most interesting aspect, rather than the technology itself. Certainly going to be the most interesting console unveiling in a long, long time anyway.
Most interesting since the Wii, I would say. It's always fun to see what nintendo has to show as it's almost always a preview of where the industry is headed next.

Instro

herzogzwei1989 said:
Heh, after seeing all the new Battlefield 3 footage, I really doubt that Project Cafe will be able to handle it, unless it's a real step up from 360/PS3.

You mean handle it on max settings?

Sianos

herzogzwei1989 said:

But if 360/PS3 can handle it (albiet not quite as well as PC), why can't a console stronger than them handle it? :p

1-D_FTW

NSQuote said:
But if 360/PS3 can handle it (albiet not quite as well as PC), why can't a console stronger than them handle it? :p

Well, they haven't shown the 360/PS3 footage yet. I think he means at the level the PC is running.

Instro said:
You mean handle it on max settings?

Well, TBH, I hadn't thought of that (forgive me it's E3 time) but yeah I guess. A Project Cafe version would certainly be the best console version we could have in the next year, until Xbox3, PS4 arrive. Aghhh I just cannot THINK straight or type. Total overload.

NSQuote said:

True, true. Project Cafe should be able to handle it with higher settings than the 360/PS3 although not as good as a high-end PC, obviously.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Cafe won't run BF3 on max. That's some seriously next-gen stuff. It's the new Crysis.
Maybe PS4/Nextbox will be able to give you that in 2013.

djtiesto said:
All I want is a console system which plays host to tons of core Japanese franchises...
Me too.

Jin34

Plinko said:
Rumors are it is BC with Wii remotes.

Doesn't matter, if it's not the standard they will either not be supported or be tacked on by 3rd parties, and you can't just tack on pointer control and have it work well.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Jin34 said:
Doesn't matter, if it's not the standard they will either not be supported or be tacked on by 3rd parties, and you can't just tack on pointer control and have it work well.

Nintendo could require 3rd parties to have them be a control method. Or the main controller could have a pointer as well.

Sorry guys, I really need to think & focus before I post. heh. I'm experiencing total E3 overload, there's alot going on in my house too, phone calls (which i'm trying to ignore).

Need to find a quiet place to type and to turn off the live streams....I think I'll do better on my Netbook.

Cow Mengde said:
Yeah, usually Nikkei would leak something. Yeah, we got that other "leak" but it told us nothing.

There were no last-minute 3DS leaks - either actual leaks or advance stories from mainstream outlets based on official info - prior to last year's conference.

u_neek

Effect said:
No last minute leaks it seems. Nintendo must have things really locked down.
Which is how I like it. I like to experience unveilings like this with everybody else and see the reactions.

Ah! Work is done! Time to get a nice butt grove in my chair for tonight and tomorrow!
So, anything interesting happen after Wienerpoop?

J-Rock

Banned
It's hard for me to let go but I would sacrifice pointer controls so that motion controls are nolonger the focus for their next system.

It would be nice if they figured out a design solution to keep the pointer. We'll find out soon

dwu8991

Banned
AceBandage said:
Ah! Work is done! Time to get a nice butt grove in my chair for tonight and tomorrow!

"Don't ask Don't tell" sums up both MS and EA press conference for me.

J-Rock said:
It's hard for me to let go but I would sacrifice pointer controls so that motion controls are nolonger the focus for their next system.

It would be nice if they figured out a design solution to keep the pointer. We'll find out soon

There are solutions, but none are as elegant as the Wiiremote. And sadly, it's not really big enough for all the buttons developers want, which is why they're going back to dual analog.

It's really a shame that developers couldn't (or wouldn't) learn how to properly utilize the Wii controllers. It's the single biggest advancement in controller design since the shoulder button!

dwu8991 said:
"Don't ask Don't tell" sums up both MS and EA press conference for me.

Saw the summaries to both. Painful stuff. 6 Halo games in a single generation! And people bitch about Nintendo milking their franchises...

J-Rock

Banned
AceBandage said:

E3 Bear rages on. Microsoft pooped out a stinky conference. Iwata is twittering.

Bert

Swore on Sunday I would stay out of this thread for fear of rumours, saw the title had been changed and thought there had been a leak, battled with my willpower for a bit then came in to find Weinerpoop....

I both really want leaks and really want the feeling of a proper reveal tomorrow. I expect a leak in the papers tomorrow morning/tonight, so will avoid everything once I go to bed.

After today's experience with the MS conference on YouTube I'm afraid of massive amounts of buffering at key points though, where will people be watching it?

djtiesto said:
All I want is a console system which plays host to tons of core Japanese franchises...

Yes for the love of God. I really hope its not a console get gets bombarded by shooters and offers something different for a different type of gamer.

J-Rock said:

If anything, we could get a tablet + wiimote+ setup. Kinda like keyboard and mouse. Just rest the tablet on your lap.

Or the tablet could have a built in stand (or included stand) so you can use nunchuck + wiimote but have the tablet on the coffee table maybe w videochat or available to use for any game-specific applications.

Bert said:
Swore on Sunday I would stay out of this thread for fear of rumours, saw the title had been changed and thought there had been a leak, battled with my willpower for a bit then came in to find Weinerpoop....

I both really want leaks and really want the feeling of a proper reveal tomorrow. I expect a leak in the papers tomorrow morning/tonight, so will avoid everything once I go to bed.

After today's experience with the MS conference on YouTube I'm afraid of massive amounts of buffering at key points though, where will people be watching it?

http://e3.nintendo.com/

Only place to watch Nintendo's conference. You get lots of awesome behind the scenes stuff and developer interviews.

Bert

AceBandage said:
There are solutions, but none are as elegant as the Wiiremote. And sadly, it's not really big enough for all the buttons developers want, which is why they're going back to dual analog.

It's really a shame that developers couldn't (or wouldn't) learn how to properly utilize the Wii controllers. It's the single biggest advancement in controller design since the shoulder button!

I for one would be happy with an analogue and some face buttons added to the wiimote-nunchuck combo, a la Move. But I can't see how they can have touchscreen as well. Split controls just feels soooo nice in your hands.

Bert

AceBandage said:
http://e3.nintendo.com/

Only place to watch Nintendo's conference. You get lots of awesome behind the scenes stuff and developer interviews.

Will it be better than the MS site (which played for about 30 seconds then refused to load for me - I blame Silverlight, I'm sure they've gimped it on Chrome/Mac)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom