• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Cafe Rumor Cafe [Weinerpoop Post 7513]

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Rock

Banned
oldskool said:
Monster Hunter? Remember how you would run when a monster would be chasing you in this game?

Yeah I thought about that but Lukas said "Nintendo fans". Not sure if he did that on purpose or not but I get the feeling that it's either a core Nintendo franchise or a third party franchise that fans have wanted on a Nintendo console for years.

On that clue list the only games that I lean towards are Metroid and GTA. Though it could also be Pokemon I guess. But he said get HYPED. Sounds like it's something epic. Cafe Metroid by Retro or GTA on Cafe would be hype worthy I think.

Duderz

Banned
That would be significantly bigger news than Vita being $249 no doubt.

I have a hard time believing it.

But I'd so love to be wrong.

J-Rock

Banned
It would be weird to see GTA revealed during a Nintendo conference instead of Sony or Microsoft.
Some people would literally lose their fucking minds.

edit: Net Wrecker being the first

mj1108

J-Rock said:
It would be weird to see GTA revealed during a Nintendo conference instead of Sony or Microsoft.
Some people would literally lose their fucking minds.

edit: Net Wrecker being the first

It may also be the reason why Sony and Microsoft said nothing about it.

Duderz

Banned
I don't play GTA games and I would lose my mind just because of the implications - Nintendo is really, truly going after western third parties.

And that's why I don't believe it.

Duderz said:
I don't play GTA games and I would lose my mind just because of the implications - Nintendo is really, truly going after western third parties.

Me too!

Exclusive GTA means Nintendo plunked down at least $100 million.

Is that so COOLIO?

Fourth Storm said:
Haha, I like the Chrome. Or solid steel ala the Panasonic Q. That is one badass console.

panasonicq.jpg

Man I wanted that thing so bad. But I really would like to see them go in that kind of direction.

antonz

Duderz said:

It is a big wtf but it has been rumored as long as Cafe itself has. When the french went live on leaks GTAV was alongside it.

Thunder Monkey said:
Me too!

Exclusive GTA means Nintendo plunked down at least $100 million.
Oh there is no way exclusive. But if it launches at Cafes launch and it has perks like graphics and content over the other versions its gonna be huge.

mj1108

Ok, everyone breathe. Don't get your hopes up. Just go into it thinking we're going to get a pink console with the power of the Saturn and Ubisoft launching 12 different Babiez and Partiez games with the system. This way if it turns out to be something better we'll all be happy.

GTA WILL NOT BE SHOWN UNTIL FALL.

Orayn

oldskool said:
Monster Hunter? Remember how you would run when a monster would be chasing you in this game?
Please please please please please. I know Capcom is generally petty transparent about MH development, but a new HD Monster Hunter for a new Nintendo system would make this the most amazing E3 ever.

Buckethead said:

Dude, an ANNOUNCEMENT would BLOW the roof off the building.

mj1108

Buckethead said:

Maybe it won't be shown. But it can be announced.

Duderz

Banned
antonz said:
It is a big wtf but it has been rumored as long as Cafe itself has. When the french went live on leaks GTAV was alongside it.

Oh there is no way exclusive. But if it launches at Cafes launch and it has perks like graphics and content over the other versions its gonna be huge.

This can be rumored and all but confirmed, but until Reggie is up there announcing it, I just can't believe it - it's simply too big of a coup for Nintendo.

antonz said:
Even a temp exclusive is gonna take at least $50 million.

Something I don't see happening.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
If GTA V is announce tomorrow for the Cafe I will cum in a frying pan, turn it into an omelette and eat it without toast.

J-Rock

Banned
mj1108 said:
It may also be the reason why Sony and Microsoft said nothing about it.

Yeah I thought about that too. I thought they would at least show a logo or something small to tease people.

Anyone know if Rockstar has hinted at anything regarding GTA or are they super quiet lately?

Log4Girlz

Weiner Poop is the true internal code name, its initials are WP. The official name is Wii Plus, boring but it was called on these boards a long time ago.

Hiltz

No way Monster Hunter is going to be revealed so soon. The following statement is from late February 2011:

"All I can say is, the future for Monster Hunter fans in the west will be bright," he said, "but just as there was a sizeable gap between Freedom Unite and [Portable] 2nd, I think there’s going to be a little bit of a gap [following Monster Hunter Tri]. And exactly what form it takes, I can’t speak to — I have to unfortunately stay mum. But fear not, you guys have more goodness coming in the future." - Christian Svensson

It better not be GTA V. I have absolutely no interest in that franchise. Yuck!

Zep

Banned
Nintendo needs to announce they'll be making baseball games again. Though I doubt the makers of Ken Griffey Jr. baseball are still with them.

Duderz

Banned
Hiltz said:

But you should be interested if this franchise is coming to Cafe - it means that any game is suddenly on the table as a possibility of coming out simply because this shows Nintendo is aggressively courting third parties for their AAA franchises.

Mollymauk said:
I doubt we will see a sequel to an unreleased game. They don't want to diminish the impact of Skyward Sword. I think it will stay under wraps until SS releases.

There's a great deal of sense and logic in what you're saying. However, this is a console unveiling. In my opinion Nintendo would be wise to show prospective titles from trademark franchises even if they are set to be released well into the future.

They should never underestimate the power of hype. My only grievance when hype is used, is when they show a game that they know internally will never see the light of day and effectively pull a bait and switch.

In 10 hours all will be revealed.

Instro

Hiltz said:
No way Monster Hunter is going to be revealed so soon. The following statement is from May 2011.

"All I can say is, the future for Monster Hunter fans in the west will be bright," he said, "but just as there was a sizeable gap between Freedom Unite and [Portable] 2nd, I think there’s going to be a little bit of a gap [following Monster Hunter Tri]. And exactly what form it takes, I can’t speak to — I have to unfortunately stay mum. But fear not, you guys have more goodness coming in the future." - Christian Svensson

More to the point MH games are announced at TGS not E3

Anyway I'm pretty sure Rockstar will be there, with all the rumors going around, but GTAV won't be exclusive. Maybe announced at the conference but that's about it. Other possibility is that they are showing some other game that will be Cafe exclusive.

Gonna lol if it turns out to be a GTAIV port, that would be awful.

Hiltz

Duderz said:
But you should be interested if this franchise is coming to Cafe - it means that any game is suddenly on the table as a possibility of coming out simply because this shows Nintendo is aggressively courting third parties for their AAA franchises.

You do make a good point.

mj1108

Zep said:
Nintendo needs to announce they'll be making baseball games again. Though I doubt the makers of Ken Griffey Jr. baseball are still with them.

That was made by Software Creations which was taken over by the now defunct Acclaim.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't been this excited for an E3 press conference... ever? I simply cannot wait to see this console.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom