• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project CARS | OT | Made by 80.000 slightly mad developers

Xater

So who here has picked it up for PS4 and play during Euro friendly times? Would be nice if we could get together for some private lobbies to do some racing that doesn't involve crashing into each other on purpose.

Marmelade

follow up on the tweets from my earlier post http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=162979363&postcount=145

https://twitter.com/amd_roy/status/596195800616603648

@amd_roy @AMDRadeon @projectcarsgame I hope you do because right now the performance is pretty poor TBH

@Nyteshade517 @AMDRadeon @projectcarsgame it's artificial.

I asked him to explain his comment so I'll see if he answers. It seems like he's saying the NVIDIA cards were given an artificial advantage which if true would go against everything SMS said about "not favoring" one company over another.

Yeah there's something really wrong when a 290/290x performs like a GTX760

http://www.computerbase.de/2015-05/project-cars-guide-grafikkarte-prozessor-vergleich/2/

fozzy

It's on by default. it's not locked. Or should not be. What controller are you using? Maybe you're using automatic gears?

Using xbox one controller and have it set to manual. Also wanted clutch as A. Gear up as X and down as B.

Is this possible? I need to have a good rummage around the screens.

Staab

follow up on the tweets from my earlier post http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=162979363&postcount=145

https://twitter.com/amd_roy/status/596195800616603648

@amd_roy @AMDRadeon @projectcarsgame I hope you do because right now the performance is pretty poor TBH

@Nyteshade517 @AMDRadeon @projectcarsgame it's artificial.

I asked him to explain his comment so I'll see if he answers. It seems like he's saying the NVIDIA cards were given an artificial advantage which if true would go against everything SMS said about "not favoring" one company over another.

SMS studio head, Ian Bell, answered on the WMD internal forums saying it's absolute bullshit and that he's pissed at AMD for that.
Says they did optimization work on a previous AMD driver that was unfortunately nullified in the release of later drivers but that Nvidia have simply been more pressing about collaborating with them and thus there are better results.
They're investigating the poor performance, though, but he seems to be saying it needs to be addressed on the AMD driver side, not in the game code (~1% gains possible at first glance).

fresquito

Using xbox one controller and have it set to manual. Also wanted clutch as A. Gear up as X and down as B.

Is this possible? I need to have a good rummage around the screens.
You should be able to configure each button. You can do it in the PC version at least.

BeeDog

Copped my copy today. Wow, I'm not cut out for this kind of racing gate, damn. Turning in shit performances, hehe.

First impression is good though!

JamboGT

I am yeah, and I guess I'm going a bit crazy with the downshifting.

Yeah that will be it then, just be more patient with down shifts and you should be grand, will be good practice for later cars too, shifting down too early can lock the rear wheels in manual cars, will just not allow the shift in sequential boxes.

Chemist

Neo Member
No kidding karts are tough. I seem to be ok during a sprint race but then the Main race the throttle seems to throw the kart into a wall. Not sure if my wheel settings are being messed with but wow twitch driving at its finest lol.

Bit confused about the release date folks - does it release in North America digitally on May 7 or are all versions released on May 12? The digital in the OP just mentions Steam and it's not up on PSN.

Apologies if this has been discussed, I couldn't find it.

Kinthalis

Banned
I guess I'm better off asking here than in the performance thread:

Any recommendations for wheels? Tried the gamepad, and it's just not accurate enough on triggers/analog stick for me to feel like I've got good control of the car.

Also, running it at 60 FPS everything utlra, with ultra SMAA, on an i7 3770k + 780ti. Looks amazing!

nikos

So I played a bit more with the DualShock 4. Tweaked settings and tried to find a good balance. Some cars feel great, others feel uncontrollable. I think it's a combination of me having to learn the cars and the controller just not being right for them. They're way too finicky and I never feel like I'm in complete control. Feels like it's impossible to recover from certain bad situations that should be salvageable.

I started with this guy's settings and tweaked them a bit more to my liking. If you're using a controller and having difficulty, check this out: http://imgur.com/a/XnU69

cackhyena

Anyone using the Thrustmaster TX Italia Edition in this game? I only quickly scrolled through the wheel, so maybe I missed it, but I'm wondering if it's supported. I'm only considering that one to use because I know I'll be getting Forza 6. Otherwise I'd just get a G27. Anyways, just wondering how it's working out if so.

heyf00L

SMS studio head, Ian Bell, answered on the WMD internal forums saying it's absolute bullshit and that he's pissed at AMD for that.
Says they did optimization work on a previous AMD driver that was unfortunately nullified in the release of later drivers but that Nvidia have simply been more pressing about collaborating with them and thus there are better results.
They're investigating the poor performance, though, but he seems to be saying it needs to be addressed on the AMD driver side, not in the game code (~1% gains possible at first glance).

This is pretty normal from what I know. nVidia is huge, and they have engineers that hand optimize games; sometimes the engineers will even "join" the dev team. AMD can't compete with that. They literally have the driver detect the game and use hand optimized speed hacks.

I want GPU competition, but I want GPU performance more; so this is a big reason I always buy nVidia. :(

krpiper

I am running this on a mix of med/high using a 15-4460 and a r9 290 (cmon ATI drivers...) I get between 30-60FPS on a low res (1440x900) but overall very playable.

The karts are a ton of fun!

Megasoum

Banned
Anyone using the Thrustmaster TX Italia Edition in this game? I only quickly scrolled through the wheel, so maybe I missed it, but I'm wondering if it's supported. I'm only considering that one to use because I know I'll be getting Forza 6. Otherwise I'd just get a G27. Anyways, just wondering how it's working out if so.

Yup I've been using the TX for over a year now. It's fully supported natively with the proper button prompts and all. The FFB is awesome on PC with it.

martynzs

Neo Member
£60?! If anyone can report in on this I might pick one up because anything right now is better than a pad.

Edit - no FFB or rumble. Never mind.

Noticed that about 2 mins after posting :(

Ill stick with pad I think, I cant justify £100+ on a peripheral!

cackhyena

Yup I've been using the TX for over a year now. It's fully supported natively with the proper button prompts and all. The FFB is awesome on PC with it.

Thanks.

I'm wondering about career mode. How long before you advance from karts? Or does it just keep going until you back out to another class?

Megasoum

Banned
Thanks.

I'm wondering about career mode. How long before you advance from karts? Or does it just keep going until you back out to another class?

Seasons are split into championships. Each championship is split into events (3-5 events per championship normally), every events is split into days (practice, quali, race 1, race 2, etc).

So generally you will have 2-3 championships including the "Final" one. Once you've completed the final championship you will receive offers to either just re-sign with your current team and go for another year in the same tier or get offers from higher tiers (so at the end of the Shifter Kart final championship you will get offers from teams in the SuperKart tier).

ciccione

I am not able to select steer movement on ps4 joypad, as in DC. Really we have 1 billion of options but we can only steer with keys or analog and not by pad movement?

cackhyena

Seasons are split into championships. Each championship is split into events (3-5 events per championship normally), every events is split into days (practice, quali, race 1, race 2, etc).

So generally you will have 2-3 championships including the "Final" one. Once you've completed the final championship you will receive offers to either just re-sign with your current team and go for another year in the same tier or get offers from higher tiers (so at the end of the Shifter Kart final championship you will get offers from teams in the SuperKart tier).

I see. I rejoined my my team after winning the first season without noticing the tier stuff. Had a few other offers at the time as well. Gonna have to pay more attention in the inbox. Thanks.

robatw

Hey guys..

i just finished my first season (clio cup) and wantet to start another seasoin in another cup. how does it work? there was no option. i clicked accept and now i havbe to do the same clio cup again? how can i abandon the season? i don't see that option at all.

I just wanna race karts now :)

ValfarHL

So, I'm guessing not a lot of these cars are supposed to have a full 900 degree steering wheel. Atleast I can't drive for shit with that setting.

I read on another forum that the game automatically adjusts the wheel for each car, but I seem to have 900 degrees in every car, which usually means I crash in every turn..

Can anyone shed som light on this?

Megasoum

Banned
Hey guys..

i just finished my first season (clio cup) and wantet to start another seasoin in another cup. how does it work? there was no option. i clicked accept and now i havbe to do the same clio cup again? how can i abandon the season? i don't see that option at all.

I just wanna race karts now :)

If you want to race Karts in career and you're currently running Clio then I think you'll have to start a new career. I don't think you can go backward in the tiers.

So, I'm guessing not a lot of these cars are supposed to have a full 900 degree steering wheel. Atleast I can't drive for shit with that setting.

I read on another forum that the game automatically adjusts the wheel for each car, but I seem to have 900 degrees in every car, which usually means I crash in every turn..

Can anyone shed som light on this?

What wheel are you using? My TX is definitly getting adjusted automatically. I always leave it at 900 in the control panel.

Azzawon

Make that £250+...

I've just gone and bought the Thrustmaster TX wheel for next day delivery, £269.99 from box.co.uk

I'm so easily convinced... I wanted to save up for a Fanatec CSW V2 and XB1 wheel but there's no way I can justify spending over £1000 on it all, let alone save up in time. I've heard great reviews about this wheel too, and I need something ready for Forza 6!

Hedrush

The options menus are pretty overwhelming to start. I've spent more time in the options menus than on the track. The racing is fantastic though.

Megasoum

Banned
T500RS, with latest firmware and drivers.

Edit: I'm guessing the in game wheel animation is correct?

Hmm yeah that's weird. Yes the animations are always 1:1 in the cockpit for me.

I've just gone and bought the Thrustmaster TX wheel for next day delivery, £269.99 from box.co.uk

I'm so easily convinced... I wanted to save up for a Fanatec CSW V2 and XB1 wheel but there's no way I can justify spending over £1000 on it all, let alone save up in time. I've heard great reviews about this wheel too, and I need something ready for Forza 6!

Yeah fuck Fanatec lol... The TX is a great wheel. Now you'll also be able to buy a shifter and better pedals! lol

I saw your note about adjusting the tire force setting, but what are your settings in the Thrustmaster control panel?

FFB feels a little off for me, trying to get it dialed in.

Azzawon

Yeah fuck Fanatec lol... The TX is a great wheel. Now you'll also be able to buy a shifter and better pedals! lol

Ha true! I'm split between the T3PA pedals and the T3PA-PRO, is the pro model really worth the extra £60?

I'll be picking up the TM 28 wheel when that's back in stock too.

Megasoum

Banned
I saw your note about adjusting the tire force setting, but what are your settings in the Thrustmaster control panel?

FFB feels a little off for me, trying to get it dialed in.

I'll have to check tonight for the exact settings but afaik everything is still default.

Ha true! I'm split between the T3PA pedals and the T3PA-PRO, is the pro model really worth the extra £60?

I'll be picking up the TM 28 wheel when that's back in stock too.

Haven't tried any of those pedals (I'm using my Fanatec Clubsport CSPv1 pedal with a Basherboard CPX adapter) but the T3PA-Pro sure look awesome lol. I'd love to have an inverted pedal set.

Top Bottom