• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project CARS | OT | Made by 80.000 slightly mad developers

Mogwai

Is it possible to view distance driven in total and for each car?

I can see how far I've driven in my "favorite car" from the statistics screen. But that seems very random and sparse :/

Sorry to quote myself. But as there was no response, I'll try one more time.

heyf00L

DON'T DO IT! That 360 wireless wheel is garbage, seriously. You will be better off with a pad.

The perfect entry-level wheel is the Driving Force GT. Good feedback, full 900 degree rotation. The pedals aren't great but as an overall package for the money, can't beat it.

Well I already did it. (It's not the "Speed" wheel by the way.) I'll try some more of my games later. I know it's not great, but it was $10. If the large dead zone is a recurring problem, I'll move on. I'm positive I can sell it for more than $10 anyway.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Is anyone else playing with headphones getting a TON of audio distortion while playing on the 30+ car races? It's pure static half the time, no issues in the cart races. Normally when you go off road or fuck up. Pausing the game and resuming fixes it.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I think it's saying Pit In because I'm starting the race in the rain. Surely I don't need to pit to change for wets at the start?

Is anyone else playing with headphones getting a TON of audio distortion while playing on the 30+ car races? It's pure static half the time, no issues in the cart races. Normally when you go off road or fuck up.

Having the same problem, I changed everything to 50% in audio settings which seemed to get rid of it.

Mascot

Anyone running a Fanatec GT2 on PS4 combo? Be interested to hear your thoughts and findings.
Works perfectly, recognised instantly, even shows current gear on LED display. Didn't even need calibrating.

On the FFB issue, it's weak on PS4 but there's not just the generic 0-100 slider, there's far more detailed settings on a car-by-car basis in the options menu in the garage. Eg, default tyre feedback is 20-something but can increase to 200 (all from memory, don't quote me).

Loving pCARS. It's a bit of a rough diamond in places but the underlying framework is exceptional. FR is solid outside of wet races, dips occasionally in rain. Don't let the overblown concern-troll horror stories put you off. You'll be missing out.

Weirdly (and dare I say it, bear with me) the game evokes the feeling of a more authentic next-gen Shift 2 in a lot of ways (graphics, audio, structure, tracks, ambience) but with superb - and I mean SUPERB - physics. Hopefully the little annoyances will be patched out but even so, I already prefer it overall to FM and GT.

danowat

Banned
Is anyone else playing with headphones getting a TON of audio distortion while playing on the 30+ car races? It's pure static half the time, no issues in the cart races. Normally when you go off road or fuck up. Pausing the game and resuming fixes it.

I think it's saying Pit In because I'm starting the race in the rain. Surely I don't need to pit to change for wets at the start?

Having the same problem, I changed everything to 50% in audio settings which seemed to get rid of it.

Are you both on the XB1 and both using headphones?

_machine

Whats the best way to report bugs / issues with the console versions?.

Don't like the sliders, particularly the AI slider, only working in 10% increments.
I'll be more than happy to pass on the feedback, but there should be a way coming soon to get it directly to them :)

danowat

Banned
I'll be more than happy to pass on the feedback, but there should be a way coming soon to get it directly to them :)

If you could mention the AI slider only moving in 10% increments I'd appreciate it, also the steering deadzone slider is creeping.

I'm on the PC and using headphones

Hmmm, I know there is (was?) an issue with the XBO and crackling sound through the headset connector on the pad.

Jilt

Was not going to buy Project CARS, waiting for it for the PS4 in combination with Logitech Wheel support, but bumped into a 10 euro discount, so bought it for my PC for now.

Hope it runs on my old skool PC....

IMG_0119.jpg

fresquito

(...) We kept telling them to look at Assetto Corsa for how feedback should be.
And thanks God they didn't pay attention. I love the FFB in this game. I don't have experience in real racing, so I can't say how it should be, but going by my basic experience with road cars, my mind tells me that whatever people expect to feel through their hands, it's something that should be felt through the bottom. I'm always surprised and amazed when people come saying you should be feeling this or that in the wheel, like you were racing through ofroad terrain. People aparently likes to be yelled by the wheel for every tiny little detail on the road.

Besides, people should try different cars before judging. Every car feels unique from a FFB point of view.

On another note, I read people are playing with assists off. I would recommendd using Real Assists, as that will provide the assits those cars have in real life. For reference, everything I've read about GT3 cars is how easy they're to drive in real life. If you turn assists off they become quite a tricky thing. So, if you're going for a realistic approach, go with Real Assits.

Works perfectly, recognised instantly, even shows current gear on LED display. Didn't even need calibrating.

On the FFB issue, it's weak on PS4 but there's not just the generic 0-100 slider, there's far more detailed settings on a car-by-car basis in the options menu in the garage. Eg, default tyre feedback is 20-something but can increase to 200 (all from memory, don't quote me).

Loving pCARS. It's a bit of a rough diamond in places but the underlying framework is exceptional. FR is solid outside of wet races, dips occasionally in rain. Don't let the overblown concern-troll horror stories put you off. You'll be missing out.

Weirdly (and dare I say it, bear with me) the game evokes the feeling of a more authentic next-gen Shift 2 in a lot of ways (graphics, audio, structure, tracks, ambience) but with superb - and I mean SUPERB - physics. Hopefully the little annoyances will be patched out but even so, I already prefer it overall to FM and GT.
Glad you're enjoying it!

_machine

If you could mention the AI slider only moving in 10% increments I'd appreciate it, also the steering deadzone slider is creeping.

Hmmm, I know there is (was?) an issue with the XBO and crackling sound through the headset connector on the pad.
Cheers, I've reported both the slider (there was a thread about it already) and the headphones. I didn't understood you correctly though, can you confirm that the 10% increments apply to deadzone sliders too?

danowat

Banned
I didn't understood you correctly though, can you confirm that the 10% increments apply to deadzone sliders too?

Yes, it moves in 10% increments, however, and I'll try and explain it.........

I went into the settings, set the deadzone to 20%, drove a few races, went back to the deadzone setting, and it had "crept" to 18% (which is strange because you can't to do in 1% increments), so I went and did another race, went back to the deadzone setting, and it had crept to 13%.

So it's moving without me touching it.

heyf00L

DON'T DO IT! That 360 wireless wheel is garbage, seriously. You will be better off with a pad.

The perfect entry-level wheel is the Driving Force GT. Good feedback, full 900 degree rotation. The pedals aren't great but as an overall package for the money, can't beat it.

Hmm, it seems the Driving Force GT is out of production, so I'd have to buy used. I can find a used G25 or G27 for nearly the same price. Shouldn't I get that instead?

Xater

Can I just say that I love the karts in this? So much fun. The 125cc even more so than the 250cc for me. I almost want to create a kart league here on GAF.

Mascot

QQ: is there a way to get your engineer to come out of your main speakers and not the PS4 pad speaker? I like having him around but can't hear a word of what he's saying with my 5.1 shaking my walls. Was thinking of strapping the game pad to my head with a rubber band.

Or does he come through a headset if one is plugged in?

Xater

QQ: is there a way to get your engineer to come out of your main speakers and not the PS4 pad speaker? I like having him around but can't hear a word of what he's saying with my 5.1 shaking my walls. Was thinking of strapping the game pad to my head with a rubber band.

To switch something like that there usually is an audio option in game. Have you checked?

MaLDo

Yes, it moves in 10% increments, however, and I'll try and explain it.........

I went into the settings, set the deadzone to 20%, drove a few races, went back to the deadzone setting, and it had "crept" to 18% (which is strange because you can't to do in 1% increments), so I went and did another race, went back to the deadzone setting, and it had crept to 13%.

So it's moving without me touching it.

Maybe it moves +-10 with the D-pad and fine tuning with analog sticks or wheel...¿? A too low dead zone could be what makes that ghost edit.

danowat

Banned

Not that I can find, but thank god there is a volume control for the pad speaker, it's hella loud at 4am in the morning............

Maybe it moves +-10 with the D-pad and fine tuning with analog sticks or wheel...¿? A too low dead zone could be what makes that ghost edit.

No, that's what I thought at first, but both pad and sticks move it at +/- 10, I even tried holding the shoulders or face buttons, but no dice.

Megasoum

Banned

No idea if that's the case with pCARS specifically but I know that many games will switch from pad speaker to main speaker if you turn down the volume completely in the PS4 system settings (Hold the PS Button, go do Device Settings and turn down the pad speaker volume).

Mascot

No idea if that's the case with pCARS specifically but I know that many games will switch from pad speaker to main speaker if you turn down the volume completely in the PS4 system settings (Hold the PS Button, go do Device Settings and turn down the pad speaker volume).
Ah, will try that.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
how do you respond to invitation emails? Got one in the middle of my karting championship and clicking on it does nothing - do I just wait and something will turn up in my calendar?

I'm liking how the AI seem quite beatable on the default 50. It is giving me time to get used to the handling before turning them up a bit.

Megasoum

Banned
Never tought about that but does the T300 has built-in speakers like the DS4?

how do you respond to invitation emails? Got one in the middle of my karting championship and clicking on it does nothing - do I just wait and something will turn up in my calendar?

I'm liking how the AI seem quite beatable on the default 50. It is giving me time to get used to the handling before turning them up a bit.

You don't accept/refuse the Invitational emails, they just show up on your calendar and it's up to you if you want to participate or skip them.

When you get actual contract offers for the next season (only at the very end of your full season) then you can accept the one you want in your inbox.

Xater

Yep, the invitations will just pop up on the calendar. They are kinda there to mix things up for you while you are locked into a single racing class because of your contract.

What in the fuck, out of nowhere it randomly asks me if i want to save results and I have no idea what it's talking about so I hit b where I'm kicked to the main menu with all of the qualifying and race wins for the championship I just did gone. The UI in the career mode is abysmal in every possible way.

Edit: Ok, it at least seemed to save my qualifying times for the races. But now I have to win them again :/

danowat

Banned
Yep, the invitations will just pop up on the calendar. They are kinda there to mix things up for you while you are locked into a single racing class because of your contract.

Quite like the way the career and calender works, reminds me of an EA sports game, like Madden or Fight night.

What in the fuck, out of nowhere it randomly asks me if i want to save results and I have no idea what it's talking about so I hit b where I'm kicked to the main menu with all of the qualifying and race wins for the championship I just did gone. The UI in the career mode is abysmal in every possible way.

I found that, if you finish a session, say qualifying, and quit out after the session, even though it says it'll save the progress, it doesn't, the only way to get it to save progress is to proceed to the next round / race, and then quit out, it will then save the result of the preceding session.

I can't imagine that's by design, so it could be a bug...

I know I saw people talking about adjusting the camera's position...how do you do that? I see where to change the FOV of the different camera angles but I don't see how I can actually adjust their position (or has that been removed)?

leng jai

Yeah, pretty terrible. It took me a little while just to figure out how to start my first race in career mode. The layout stinks.

danowat

Banned
I know I saw people talking about adjusting the camera's position...how do you do that? I see where to change the FOV of the different camera angles but I don't see how I can actually adjust their position (or has that been removed)?

I can't find the option in the PS4 version, I suspect it's not there..........would like to be proven wrong though!!!

Are people playing in cockpit or helmet cam?

Edit: Also, does damage seem a bit underutilized to anyone else? I'm trying not to but you can totally play the game like Gran Turismo bumper cars and suffer very little penalty. Playing on pro with assists off and damage turned on.

Megasoum

Banned

Well you can adjust your seat with the controller (you'll have to map those to something on the pad) but I'm not sure if you're talking about something else.

danowat

Banned
Well you can adjust your seat with the controller (you'll have to map those to something on the pad) but I'm not sure if you're talking about something else.

Ok, interesting, I must have missed that, only problem is, I've got no buttons left!!!, can you assign two commands to a button?

Megasoum

Banned
Ok, interesting, I must have missed that, only problem is, I've got no buttons left!!!, can you assign two commands to a button?

Don't think so. I saw that Darin from ISR remapped the Wiper and Headlights D-Pad buttons to move seat forward/back... That's all fine but then if you go race in a storm in the middle of the night you'll be in trouble lol. Technically I think both the wipers and light are supposed to come on automatically but still... I often turn on the headlights wayyy earlier than normal so that I can see the Motec/dash better in the sunset.

danowat

Banned
Don't think so. I saw that Darin from ISR remapped the Wiper and Headlights D-Pad buttons to move seat forward/back... That's all fine but then if you go race in a storm in the middle of the night you'll be in trouble lol. Technically I think both the wipers and light are supposed to come on automatically but still... I often turn on the headlights wayyy earlier than normal so that I can see the Motec/dash better in the sunset.

That's unfortunate, limitations of consoles and pads I guess, are seat settings saved once you've set it?, I guess you could remap the controllers, get the seat in the right position, and remap them back again, are seat positions global?, or per-car?.

I spent about 10mins in the cockpit of the M1 Procar just sitting there raising and lowering the popup headlights!

Megasoum

Banned
Can you manually clutch with the controller in this game? Never tried to play with clutch on a controller since Forza 3.

Top Bottom