• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project CARS | OT | Made by 80.000 slightly mad developers

danowat

Banned
Do custom HUD positions not save? I have to re-set everything every time I race(PC).

Nope, at least not on my PS4, they reset everytime.

I've also noticed an issue with the settings slider for the steering deadzone, it creeps, I set it at 15, race, go back into the settings and it's crept to 13, now I can only select 13 or 23 (increments of 10)

I think theres something up somewhere, surely not every slider is supposed to have increments of 10.........

Lurch666

The game does support Rift/direct mode in a beta form. In the Steam launch options add "-vrdirectmode" to enable this, ensuring you've set Direct Mode in the Oculus configuration util before you launch the game.

You can also more generally add another launch option "-skipcrowds" to help get a consistently locked 75FPS if your PC is close.

I got the steam version and that isn't working for me.
The game is running with the split rift view but it's appearing on my monitor not the rift.

nasanu

Banned
The FFB is terrible in this game. How did so many people play for so long without complaining bitterly every single day about it?

For a start the wheel (the very popular and common T500RS) goes crazy in menus. MENUS. Then when you get to the game almost all the FFB effects are missing. The wheel only does something when you run over a curb. Lock the breakes... No feeling. Spin the wheels.. No feeling. Turn at 20kms is the same feeling as turning at 200kms with high downforce. So pathetic.

Wheel feel is crucial in racing games, how could they mess up like this and how did the community let them?

Backers == fail.

Oh and I cant start the career because I can't enter my name... God this is fail. Good game in there but right now... Fail.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Sorted the career. Just rebooted the game. I'm having some serious crackling issues with the audio though. Is anyone else getting this?

nasanu

Banned
Seriously how do you start the career? My first attempt failed because the on screen keyboard wouldn't go away not matter what. Now after a reboot I can enter details but next is still locked after I have entered everything...

danowat

Banned
Sorted the career. Just rebooted the game. I'm having some serious crackling issues with the audio though. Is anyone else getting this?

XB1?

There were reports of audio issues in the other thread, not sure they were resolved though.

Man there are indeed...a odd number of bugs I wasn't expecting. I am also Xbox Retail version.

For me, as an audio guy, I am noticing a lot of sampling errors in replays and 1-2 during actual races where the game really does seem to dislike lined up audio sources and startd to mix them at really low update speeds. This results in a audio chudder where 1 car's engine is heard for 1/30th of a second, then the next, then the next then the next, and it starts to almost sound like echo but its just all over the place.

In races it happens far less but has now happened a couple time and it really is just discordant and absolutely painful to hear.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
XB1?

There were reports of audio issues in the other thread, not sure they were resolved though.

Yea, I had this same problem with Battlefield Hardline. It's ok in the menus and other places but soon as the engines hit those high RPMs it's unbearable.

nasanu

Banned
Ahh third reboot is the charm. Never had so many issues with a console game. I thought cross development would raise the level of PC development not bring consoles down to their level.

Edit... No, too soon. My profile I thought I created is gone and it just froze trying to create a profile again... AHHH

Mogwai

How do I bring back some of my HUD? Map and lap counter is gone. I have tried to fiddle with it in the 'Edit HUD layout' but it still doesn't show up...

The FFB is terrible in this game. How did so many people play for so long without complaining bitterly every single day about it?

For a start the wheel (the very popular and common T500RS) goes crazy in menus. MENUS. Then when you get to the game almost all the FFB effects are missing. The wheel only does something when you run over a curb. Lock the breakes... No feeling. Spin the wheels.. No feeling. Turn at 20kms is the same feeling as turning at 200kms with high downforce. So pathetic.

Wheel feel is crucial in racing games, how could they mess up like this and how did the community let them?

Backers == fail.

Oh and I cant start the career because I can't enter my name... God this is fail. Good game in there but right now... Fail.

Horror stories of GAF.

JamboGT

I personally think the force feedback is bugged, getting no feedback from kerbs/going off road or even with changes in grip on track. Just feels like the centre spring is working.

p3n

I personally think the force feedback is bugged, getting no feedback from kerbs/going off road or even with changes in grip on track. Just feels like the centre spring is working.

Too bad. I was considering picking this game up for PS4 to have a use for my Fanatec setup besides GT6. Seems like I'll wait until they fix the FFB. Have the driving model and other physics been improved since the alpha days?

patientx

Backed up this one since 3 years ago. Especially last 6 months performance doubled for AMD graphics card users (like me). Also I am using these as starting parameters.

-novr -skipcrowds -pthreads 4

novr disables vr detection.
skipcrowds , well .. skips crowds :)
pthreads physics threads default is 2, you can 1,2,4 . Max is 4.

There also these which I never tried.

Launch 32bit -x86
DirectX 9 -dx9
Frame rate limiter -fpscap 60

So, Force Feedback (in console versions?) is a joke?. Is a pity if so because in the only game i played with a wheel (GT5) it was a game changer.

Megasoum

Banned
So EmptyBox is coming out of Hiatus for a ProjectCARS video. Looks like he's going to be taking the community to task as much as the game itself. He seems very angry about the inherent bias of people who are trying to get a return on investment.

Sigh.... I'm getting tired of that guy...

Backers == fail.

Never had any of those issues with my TX.

The game has one of the best FFB in the business imo.

Azzawon

Great OT. I'll be streaming on XB1 tonight at around 20:30 BST going through Career mode. Definitely different on a pad compared to using a wheel when I tried it last night. I seriously need to get myself a CSW V2 and XB1 wheel.

xrnzaaas

fyi Project CARS page in the EU PS Store was modified and now it confirms that the Limited Edition Car Pack is a part of it (doesn't say anything about the Modified Car Pack, though). I'm torn, because I've ordered a standard retail version and it's way cheaper for me than the digital version. I'm hoping that the LE content will be in the store (and on sale ;)) some time in the future (maybe as a part of a Season Pass?).

Dilly

Banned
Lol, its getting pretty much bashed on Assetto Corsa forums too, eventhough AC is hardly finished.

Sim racers are picky thats for sure!

The sim racing community is filled with angry entitled children. The comments section on VirtualR is embarassing sometimes. pCARS definitely manages to get the worst out of the woodwork.

It hardly matters anymore with the reviews that are out in the open now though.

LilJoka

What im surprised about is pad controls on PC. Can anyone share their experience? I have experience with rFactor, Race 07, GTR2 and Assetto Corsa, of which i found AC to actually have decent pad controls although atleast an hour of tweaking the settings to get it compromised for all different cars. And out of the lot, the only one with rumble. So how does PCars handle pads on PC?

My game has nearly downloaded, time to test Keyboard controls =D

patientx

I first played the game with logitech f710 for a few weeks then tried keyboard but ultimately bought a wheel for the game, pad control is ok. I think better than keyboard with this. Ofc wheel is the best.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Played this more than 1 hour last night on my PC (i7 4790 GTX 780) and I must say I was surprised how well it ran after all the complains I heard. I mean, yeah, not everything on Ultra (like reflections, grass etc), but still 1080p (I even tried a little better resolution - I don't remember now which, the next factor in Nvidia DSR - with the same result practically) with great AA, great AF and it looks gorgeous and runs smooth (over 60 fps). Practically I started with the settings proposed by Geforce Experience and upped it a little here and there and it was great.

I really enjoyed the game, but I need to practice a lot. For the sake of pre-testing how the Wii U version will work, I used the Wii U Pro Controller with the controller scheme that has the steering on left stick and throttle-break of the right stick and I was surprised how well I adapted to that, but still playing a sim requires a lot of practice. I'm kind of bummed about the car selection, as except maybe for McLarren, they are not really my favorites, but the tracks are fabulous.

I also need to fiddle around with the controls sensitivities and assists to find a better configuration, at list for the faster cars.

oRuin

Anyone know the hidden install time for PCars on PS4? And anyway of me actually seeing these hidden install times?

Top Bottom