• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Scorpio to be shown off next week according to Jez C... (READ MOD POST)

It's sad that people are so sensetive they can't take a joke.

Where's the joke though? And you weren't the first one.

I'm keeping my expectations low as I have all along. I just can't see the logic in having Ryzen and/or being otherwise more powerful than we already believe if like PS4 Pro, it will have (software) restrictions in place so has to not undermine Xbox One.

Yeah I gotcha on that, same here. It's best to always stay neutral about those things and not let hype get the best of you. I mean if they were to have Ryzen tech in there, that would be plenty of reason to have a stage event and scream it off the rooftops, so to speak. But it is possible that it's significantly more powerful than Pro.

gaming_noob

Nice post. But i would appreciate to explain to all of us this tweet :

7A3dlty.jpg

Should people pull your posts from the Croatian gaming forum?

Greater focus on games at E3.

Perhaps they want to focus E3 on just games and other announcements. It makes sense to announce the specs before hand as we know the console is coming out and the main highlights of the specs.

This is great news, now they can focus on games at E3. I was worried E3 was going to have too much Scorpio.

I wonder if next week means like Tuesday of this week?

Ok. That makes sense. I'm just surprised they have that many games in the oven to talk about. The Microsoft conference at E3 this year could be really exciting..,or a bit funereal.

Where's the joke though? And you weren't the first one.

It's been discussed (at length) before and at times he looks a bit like a shill.

I'm confident that if he was however detectiveGaf would have revealed such long ago.

He's just an enthusiastic (and sometimes overly so) guy.

He IS an influencer here on Gaf though and all influencers should have some doubt thrown their way from time to time

Ushay

Holy shit even Shinobi is saying the hardware is impressive.

Next week wait is go is going to be unbearable.

It's been discussed (at length) before and at times he looks a bit like a shill.

I'm confident that if he was however detectiveGaf would have revealed such long ago.

He's just an enthusiastic (and sometimes overly so) guy.

He IS an influencer here on Gaf though and all influencers should have some doubt thrown their way from time to time

I presume you are talking about Shinobi, how does he look like shill?

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Oh God..I'm now at the point where I'm honestly expecting Zen CPU + Ryzen GPU in this thing..I need to significantly ratchet down my hype.

I am cautiously optimistic about this, particularly the VR aspect. What I am most "concerned" about is the variety of first party games beyond Halo Gears Forza but I would love to be surprised.

leeh

How much is Ryzen right now? I mean wouldn't it make the console incredibly pricey?
The pricey bit is the silicone space. I can't imagine the royalty fees for Ryzen being super expensive. Also, wouldn't silicone space be similar to OG X1 without eSRAM?

The APU's per part are actually rather cheap tbh.

People are still on the Zen train huh? Honestly, I'm not expecting anything crazy besides what we already know about. I'll be pleasantly surprised if Scorpio is more powerful than originally announced.

That being said, I feel for the people who are on the overly optimistic side here. Don't let your own hype sour things if its not what you're dreaming of.

m23

Even if we're not getting any new titles alongside Crackdown, State of Decay 2 and Sea of Thieves this year it will be the best system for the many multiplatform games and that will go for next year as well. I think it's likely that we will see what Moon Studios has been up to and it will probably be for next year.

Sea of Thieves I don't think will be hitting this year. I think at the very most, we'll get some sort of early access thing. The game from what we've seen at least seems pretty early.

Who knows, maybe they've only decided to show very old builds.

The pricey bit is the silicone space. I can't imagine the royalty fees for Ryzen being super expensive. Also, wouldn't silicone space be similar to OG X1 without eSRAM?

The APU's per part are actually rather cheap tbh.

That's interesting. I really never have any idea about these kind of things. I've been using to just buying the console I want and never looking at what is in the system haha. Times sure have changed.

We shouldn't do this to ourselves. :)

Sea of Thieves I don't think will be hitting this year. I think at the very most, we'll get some sort of early access thing. The game from what we've seen at least seems pretty early.

I really hope it's the latter yeah because otherwise it will most definitely be a GMe Preview game or actually not make it this year.

Builds aren't old but supposedly they have tons more of content in development.

Think of the builds as a super polished pool, where everything in it is at near final quality but there's nothing much to it.

If it's still 8 core CPU as advertised Could they be doing something like combine 2 Zen cores with 6 cat cores?

not, because that would not make any sense
because that would not give them any benefit, but several downsides over 8 pure zen or cat cores

MS will use existing AMD IP designs, with some customisation.
nothing completely new developed

it's 8 zen cores, 8 cat cores, or 8 excavator cores
there're no other options

and the tweet from jez is correct
zen is AMDs most power efficient CPU design.
2GHz Zen would consome less power than 2.5GHz Jaguar, while being even more powerful

So our guess it's DF that has the scoop on Scorpio right? Wasn't it DF that said they kind of expected that Jaguar would be in the Scorpio after all? Would be nice to see how DF reacts if it turns out something better than Jaguar, not necessarily Ryzen is in there.

RoKKeR

So our guess it's DF that has the scoop on Scorpio right? Wasn't it DF that said they kind of expected that Jaguar would be in the Scorpio after all? Would be nice to see how DF reacts if it turns out something better than Jaguar, not necessarily Ryzen is in there.
Probably IGN.

Top Bottom