• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general advice thread, part 3 | Veni, vidi, Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Yup. I saw that same scene. Never buying that game regardless of the amount of content.

The Daily Show with Jon Stewart showed a clip of one of the fatalities in MK and I nearly threw up. I wouldn't play that game if someone payed me to.
Do you have a link to the show? I've tried out a few of the fatalities and am glad they're all rather cartoony. I'm not even a gore fan, but I'm embarrassed to admit that I have been enjoying the ridiculous violence.

So to add to the madness of October's releases:

10/23 Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz
10/23 Zero's Escape: Virtue's last Reward
10/30 Spy Hunter (Lolwut?)
10/23 Smart As..?
10/30 Assassin's Creed
10/30 LEGO Lord of the Rings
10/30 Persona 4 Golden
11/02 Need for Speed Most Wanted

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Doesn't matter where in the world you are located. You can create a European PSN account.
But the Vita only supports one account per system at one time, unlike the PS3.

If you buy a game in the European PSN store you will be unable to play it on your US PSN account.
Switching accounts requires resetting the Vita to factory defaults and takes approximately 5-10 minutes.

D'oh. Not worth the hassle of switching accounts. Thanks!

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
It's more likely we'll get them via the improved Remote Play they're allegedly working on.They've already confirmed ICO/SOTC and the GoW games if I'm not mistaken.

I just don't see remote play(even if improved) as an alternative here.

on other hand now that I thought about it game sizes is maybe an issue for PS2 collection on Vita right now,so maybe when they make bigger game carts or something.

I agree man. I wish there was a sequel for Vita :(

It can be an enhanced port and I will be happy, like Folklore port with extra missions and instead of the old dungeon creator they add 4 co-op/online mode in new maps for people to hunts the folks.

Takao

Banned
Folklore is dead, just move on already. SCE didn't find it fit to greenlight the pitched PSN Move based sequel, so they're not going to go out of their way to make a Vita sequel with a new studio.

Carl

Folklore is dead, just move on already. SCE didn't find it fit to greenlight the pitched PSN Move based sequel, so they're not going to go out of their way to make a Vita sequel with a new studio.

We never said they would do. Just said we want one.

Cloudy

Banned
Do you have a link to the show? I've tried out a few of the fatalities and am glad they're all rather cartoony. I'm not even a gore fan, but I'm embarrassed to admit that I have been enjoying the ridiculous violence.

It was a clip of noob saibot double team splitting Sonya in half by dragging her from either side. Standard MK stuff

Ps: deals like this are why I'm going physical copies for my vita games. I have 6 games and maybe 2 of them have been full price :)

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

why do you love to make me sad. :(

Hope is never a bad thing and Toyama team/What left of Team Never should make Folklore port/sequel.

impact

Banned
I got MK back when it first came out. I haven't played it since the second week I had it. I'm horrible at fighting anyway so I should've passed on it, but with amazon credit it only cost me $4. Good news is my niece loves it and can do all the Fatalities. I'm gonna giver her the game if she gets a Vita for her bday.
Did I mention she's only 9

best niece EVER

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
What is this? Vita don't even use Mini USB(it don't look like mini USB too but the text on it says so) :|
r4fDv.jpg

I am wondering, did SCEJ hire new people this gen to expand on their existing studios? It´s ridiculous that we never hear that SCEJ hires or opens new studios. They should open more studios just for Vita. Yeah, i know that Sony cooperate with third parties to make exclusives but that´s never enough. Hire more people SCEJ.

Jellzy

Neo Member
What is this? Vita don't even use Mini USB(it don't look like mini USB too but the text on it says so) :|
r4fDv.jpg

Looks like some kind of mini charger. Hence the '2hr'. The button maybe similar to the button on the already released official charger in that it lights up to match the PS button on the VITA (orange for charging etc.).

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I am wondering, did SCEJ hire new people this gen to expand on their existing studios? It´s ridiculous that we never hear that SCEJ hires or opens new studios. They should open more studios just for Vita. Yeah, i know that Sony cooperate with third parties to make exclusives but that´s never enough. Hire more people SCEJ.

we know that SCE Japan Studio is hiring
http://www.scei.co.jp/saiyo/career/index.html

but SCEJ need to buy some smaller studios,Japan Studio alone is not enough and can't support 2 systems.

Anyone having this is issue with Gravity Rush save file? I keep getting an error code while trying to load my save file.

edit : NVM FIXED IT.

Koroviev

That would require money.

Iacobellis

Sony's handhelds do fine in Japan, the PSP had a great software lineup over there. Money for studios should be focused on America and Europe.

Takao

Banned
Sony's handhelds do fine in Japan, the PSP had a great software lineup over there. Money for studios should be focused on America and Europe.

Not Vita. PocketStation and PSP were beasts though. I'm seriously surprised Sony sold 5 million PocketStations in Japan.

BosSin

How come the ps vita store doesn't have screenshots or download sizes?

These are basic features. I mean they could have at least taken a look at other app stores out there

The EU store doesn't have those either. It's especially weird when you click on a recommended item and it wont even show you the game in any form. Thanks for nothing, lol.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
How come the ps vita store doesn't have screenshots or download sizes?

These are basic features. I mean they could have at least taken a look at other app stores out there

There is download sizes info for every game, just click on the game icon at the store to see/read it. (US store)

lack of Screenshots sucks I agree completely.

BosSin

There is download sizes info for every game, just click on the game icon at the store to see/read it. (US store)

lack of Screenshots sucks I agree completely.

I'm EU, so I dunno, maybe it doesn't have sizes in this version

Edit: hold on, there seems to be screens for vita games but none for psp games, wtf

Edit 2: now I've realised the screens only appear for certain vita games, this is only getting stranger

SCEA don't seem to care much about Vita or even PSN in general

If I had a dollar for everytime I hear this. It's the one blight of this thread imo. Though it may be true, it seems to come around and around every page someone will call SCEA a useless bunch of idiots.

Eusis

SCEA don't seem to care much about Vita or even PSN in general
Kind of ironic on the PSN angle, given it basically exists for USA/Europe. I think there's some degree of mismanagement higher up, not supplying enough people to work on the network/Vita or just not doing it efficiently enough, the disparity between regions is easily Sony's biggest weakness. It's almost more like 3 or so different companies have the rights to release Playstation in different countries rather than being a cohesive effort.

impact

Banned
Kind of ironic on the PSN angle, given it basically exists for USA/Europe. I think there's some degree of mismanagement higher up, not supplying enough people to work on the network/Vita or just not doing it efficiently enough, the disparity between regions is easily Sony's biggest weakness. It's almost more like 3 or so different companies have the rights to release Playstation in different countries rather than being a cohesive effort.

This is true. It just worries me about Vita in the future over here if it doesn't do well this year.

Takao

Banned
If I had a dollar for everytime I hear this. It's the one blight of this thread imo. Though it may be true, it seems to come around and around every page someone will call SCEA a useless bunch of idiots.

Can you blame people criticizing SCEA? They outsource many of their Vita games, their entire upcoming first/second party lineup are games that consist of PS3/Vita releases, they gave Vita like 10 minutes at E3, have horrid marketing, and on the most important post-launch date for Vita updated PSN at 12AM the next day.

Can you blame people criticizing SCEA? They outsource many of their Vita games, their entire upcoming first/second party lineup are games that consist of PS3/Vita releases, they gave Vita like 10 minutes at E3, have horrid marketing, and on the most important post-launch date for Vita updated PSN at 12AM the next day.

I'm sure there are legitimate reasons, but it's just tired. It's just beating a dead horse.

Oxn

Hypothetical question.

Would u be satisfied if the vita died BUTTTT every game they announced already or hinted at still gets released?

grendelrt

Hypothetical question.

Would u be satisfied if the vita died BUTTTT every game they announced already or hinted at still gets released?

Ive been playing lots of PSP stuff on my Vita, I would be pissed if it got canned this early, especially for how much potential it has, but I would not regret my purchase. Between the Vita games and all the PSP games I have been playing it is worth it to me.

Oxn

Ive been playing lots of PSP stuff on my Vita, I would be pissed if it got canned this early, especially for how much potential it has, but I would not regret my purchase. Between the Vita games and all the PSP games I have been playing it is worth it to me.

I asked because at least this way I know its future and I would know the game I really really want won't get canned

Ie, soul sacrifice and pso2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom