• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general advice thread, part 3 | Veni, vidi, Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takao

Banned
Man, I wish Little Deviants didn't exist. It should've been a straight up platformer designed around the gimmicks of Vita's hardware and given away with every Vita sold. Instead BigBig went out with a mini-game collection. :(

Iacobellis

Man, I wish Little Deviants didn't exist. It should've been a straight up platformer designed around the gimmicks of Vita's hardware and given away with every Vita sold. Instead BigBig went out with a mini-game collection. :(

I don't think it was bad like everyone makes it out to be. I remember seeing the Rolling Pastures level for the first time at the PlayStation Meeting and thinking how innovative the rear touch pad could become. Couple that with dat OLED screen and I was sold over a year before release.

Ein Bear

It ran but it was only a cutscene and the framerate was about 20fps wasn't it?

I don't give a fuck if i game has 60FPS and is native res. If it's fun, i'll like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyIjBbRAtZs

Just a cutscene yeah, though it's hard to get a read on the framerate from cam footage.

Don't get me wrong, I'm having a ton of fun with the MGS Collection. But would it be better if it ran at 60fps/Native Res? Of course it would.

In general, I sort of feel like the Vita's screen might actually be a case of Sony overreaching a little, and slightly too much for the system's capabilities. We'll see what happens when we start getting some second-generation games for the thing, but at the minute sub-native res seems to be the standard, which is disappointing.

Pixels

I've decided Vita will be my Final Fantasy archive. We should see everything up through 12 on this at some point don't you think?

cyborg009

Banned
Invizimals? Ridiculously popular in Europe. Seem to recall it did over 1 million which was pretty good on PSP. Also i seem to remember some UK schools using it for classes.

Wow a PSP game selling over 1 million units and not in japan too....

It definitely feels like the Vita had it's specs cut back before release, there's just so many titles that are sub native-res.

Didn't they demo Metal Gear Solid 4 running on the NGP when it was first announced? Now they can't even get MGS2 running at native res, or at it's original PS2 framerate.

I still love my Vita and everything, but the amount of games that don't take full advantage of that beautiful screen makes me sad. =(

MGS4 was 20 fps maybe they're limiting the Vita spec like how they did with the PSP

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

BigBig should have made Pursuit Force 3 for Vita.

Now there is no BigBig and no Pursuit Force 3

MGS4 engine was a complete and utter disaster,it's amazing that it run at all.

I've decided Vita will be my Final Fantasy archive. We should see everything up through 12 on this at some point don't you think?

Are you playing Theathrythm: Final Fantasy on the 3DS? I am, and I feel like playing all the Final Fantasy games (some new to me, some repeats), and it would be amazing to do so on the Vita. I could've sworn that North America had some option to play the original, 2D FFIII, but as far as I can tell there is not.

And with that (recent?) possibility of Final Fantasy XI coming to Vita, this could certainly become a reality:

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/1...n-vita-port-for-playstation-vita-but-not-ps3/

Koroviev

I know everyone is buying up Mortal Kombat to resell at Best Buy and whatnot but I kept a copy and am LOVING it.

This game has sooo much more content than the console versions and while the character models are ugly, the game runs beautifully.

I didn't even consider that, though it is valued at $26 with the 100% bonus.

I know everyone is buying up Mortal Kombat to resell at Best Buy and whatnot but I kept a copy and am LOVING it.

This game has sooo much more content than the console versions and while the character models are ugly, the game runs beautifully.

I don't roll like that. I buy games to play, not to make a profit!

How does Persona 3 Portable look on the Vita?
Looks good. Not beautiful, but good!

brentech

I ordered it @ 9.99, then canceled it. I know I won't be able to convince myself into liking it. Just use the money towards GR or something in the future. I already have too much to play between PS3/Vita atm.

Takao

Banned
BigBig should have made Pursuit Force 3 for Vita.

Now there is no BigBig and no Pursuit Force 3

SCEE laid off a lot of staff from BigBig before closing them this year. When Little Deviants was in production people asked if they could do a MotorStorm game and they said they didn't have the manpower. :(

I don't think it was bad like everyone makes it out to be. I remember seeing the Rolling Pastures level for the first time at the PlayStation Meeting and thinking how innovative the rear touch pad could become. Couple that with dat OLED screen and I was sold over a year before release.

Little Deviants actually sold Sony on the idea of including a back touch pad, which made the closure of the studio and the move to a mini-game collection pretty disheartening.

Koroviev

oh god, there isn't enough time to buy every copy of Mortal Kombat in existence. :(

Does Best Buy have a limit on trade-ins? If I bring six copies of Mortal Kombat to trade-in, will someone turn me away?

Well, my local store is out of copies, as I had a feeling they would be. I tried to call the other location, but I gave up after being on hold for 15 minutes.

oh god, there isn't enough time to buy every copy of Mortal Kombat in existence. :(

Does Best Buy have a limit on trade-ins? If I bring six copies of Mortal Kombat to trade-in, will someone turn me away?

If you can find that many copies of MK, they should accept them all.

Are you playing Theathrythm: Final Fantasy on the 3DS? I am, and I feel like playing all the Final Fantasy games (some new to me, some repeats), and it would be amazing to do so on the Vita. I could've sworn that North America had some option to play the original, 2D FFIII, but as far as I can tell there is not.

And with that (recent?) possibility of Final Fantasy XI coming to Vita, this could certainly become a reality:

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/1...n-vita-port-for-playstation-vita-but-not-ps3/

Its funny, i have the same impulse thanks to that game. I never played 1, 2, 3 & 5. I own versions of them, so i just need to carve out time and make a run 1-10, 12.

When does the 2D FF3 come out?

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Well, my local store is out of copies, as I had a feeling they would be. I tried to call the other location, but I gave up after being on hold for 15 minutes.

If you can find that many copies of MK, they should accept them all.
I'm hoping I'll be able to find two copies. Time to call. Thanks.

Im not in love with Gravity Rush. I definitely like it, but I don't love it.

I feel broken :(
I felt the same way. We can be broken together. :(

Ein Bear

Tied with Journey for my GOTY. SO GOOD.

Agreed, and I seriously doubt anything will come along to beat it.

Haven't played such a fresh, fun game in years. The novelty of flying around the town still hasn't worn off, and I've platted the thing. I'm really hoping for some more DLC besides the Maid pack... I don't want to have to wait for a sequel :(

Carl

Haven't played such a fresh, fun game in years. The novelty of flying around the town still hasn't worn off, and I've platted the thing. I'm really hoping for some more DLC besides the Maid pack... I don't want to have to wait for a sequel :(

I really, really hope it sells/sold well enough for Sony to give the sequel the greenlight :(

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Called Gamestop asking if they had Mortal Kombat and after waiting a minute the clerk said that Pokemon didn't come out for the Vita. I don't know whether to be bothered by the fact that the guy had to make sure Pokemon didn't have a Vita release or that my speaking is terrible and the guy confused Mortal Kombat for Pokemon.

Regardless, they only had a caseless version. :(

Im not in love with Gravity Rush. I definitely like it, but I don't love it.

Same. I love the aesthetic and the gravity shifting is fun to just mess around with but mission design/game scenarios aren't too interesting and the combat is a bit naff after you get past the OMG GRAVITY RIDER KICK novelty.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

yup,It fresh and unique gaming experience,full of soul happy and carefree,almost Miyazaki/Ghibli-ish,really what I need from video games, that why I love Folklore,Mother,Journey..ect we need more of these games.

Pixels

Getting it today!

Iacobellis

I got my vita a couple of weeks ago. I've been playing Gravity Rush

Awesome choice! I remember playing
the part where you have to save the girl with the bag (forget her name) from the Nevi
on the train to New York. I was totally enthralled in the game and forgot I was out in public playing a handheld. It felt pretty close to playing on an actual console at home, and the only other game that was able to do that so far was Golden Abyss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom