• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general advice thread, part 3 | Veni, vidi, Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ponn

Banned
So to add to the madness of October's releases:

10/23 Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz
10/23 Zero's Escape: Virtue's last Reward
10/30 Spy Hunter (Lolwut?)
10/23 Smart As..?
10/30 Assassin's Creed
10/30 LEGO Lord of the Rings
10/30 Persona 4 Golden
11/02 Need for Speed Most Wanted

This makes no sense. When publishers start bitching about their games not selling Vita i'm going to just shake my head. You go 3-4 months with no releases then do a massive game dump in the span of a week? What the hell is going through these peoples minds. Not to mention the console releases going on.

grendelrt

I asked because at least this way I know its future and I would know the game I really really want won't get canned

Ie, soul sacrifice and pso2

I cant wait for those 2 as well. If I am able to play PSO2 on my computer then walk into my bedroom and fire up my vita to continue that would be epic.

Hypothetical question.

Would u be satisfied if the vita died BUTTTT every game they announced already or hinted at still gets released?

No. I don't think anyone would. Whats that a 1 year console lifetime? Who would be satisfied by that.

Also, that crazy October line up seems awful but for someone like myself it's not the worst. I'll purchase P4G and probably AC, but I'll be able to let the other games reduce in price before I am finished with my 2 pickups. From a marketing perspective it is crazy, since a lot of people will do exactly like I plan with buying 1-2 max and then letting the others cool down. Once you miss the original hype window a game needs to reduce in price quite a bit for me to get interested again.

impact

Banned
This makes no sense. When publishers start bitching about their games not selling Vita i'm going to just shake my head. You go 3-4 months with no releases then do a massive game dump in the span of a week? What the hell is going through these peoples minds. Not to mention the console releases going on.

Nintendo illuminati?

zroid

Banned
Hypothetical question.

Would u be satisfied if the vita died BUTTTT every game they announced already or hinted at still gets released?

no, because very few of the games announced so far interest me. :/

New King's Story and P4G are pretty much it. Maybe LBP Vita too, but I'm undecided. If it has too many touch controls, that'll be a big red flag.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Sony deserves all the crap we're giving them because of how they handled Vita at E3.

Yup, No Wonderbook for Vita was just wrong.

Patsu and I will never forgive them for that.

Hypothetical question.

Will I be Satisfied? absolutely Not, because when you make in investments (money) toward a system you want it to last for years, if they released everything (including dead games like Warrior's Lair) it will be in use for 1 or 2 years max, which is sucks for your money.

The VITA would need to be supported for at least 2 more years or else it'd feel very disappointing and would probably be the final straw for Playstation handhelds at least in the west.

Takao

Banned

Lol, you think that's bad? Check this out:

09/27
Chikyuu Boueigun 3 Portable
Danball Senki W
DJ Max Technika Tune
NextRev: Shakai Fukushishi Shiken
Nobunaga no Yabou: Tendou with ...
Ys: Celceta no Jukai

ALL ON THE SAME DAY

The VITA would need to be supported for at least 2 more years or else it'd feel very disappointing and would probably be the final straw for Playstation handhelds at least in the west.

Even if Vita was a grand success it would be Sony's last traditional handheld.

Lol, you think that's bad? Check this out:

09/27
Chikyuu Boueigun 3 Portable
Danball Senki W
DJ Max Technika Tune
NextRev: Shakai Fukushishi Shiken
Nobunaga no Yabou: Tendou with ...
Ys: Celceta no Jukai

ALL ON THE SAME DAY

For some reason I'm not so certain, depends what traditional means. Though I guess there will be iterations of the VITA just like there was iterations of the PSP.

Emitan

Hypothetical question.

Not at all. I'd say most of the PSP's best titles came during its later years. Gungnir is probably my favorite game on the platform and it released a few weeks ago.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

Traditional as in it's not a phone/tablet/everything.

Well seeing how bad the 3DS is doing in the west,I think this is the last generation for traditional dedicated gaming handhelds anyway. (maybe in Japan it will survive for some few years)

Takao

Banned
That series need to be a full RPG like an Digimon/Pokemon clone,they can keep the AR battle mode as some secondary mode or something. seriously.

The AR stuff is the draw. They need to tailor the experience so that AR isn't required 100% of the time to play the game. Eyepet on PSP supposedly does this, while you can play with the weird monkey thing you feed, take care of it, and can even play some mini-games without AR.

Zoibie

So Gamescon is August 15-19 think Sony will actually show stuff this time?

Not likely, they'll be saving it for the Vita Game Heaven event planned for after the event the end of the month the next month.

Maybe some CoD or AC3 shown but no new game announcements. There's no way they don't show CoD considering it launches a few months afterwards (but then I thought the same thing for E3, so who knows.)

cyborg009

Banned
Not likely, they'll be saving it for the Vita Game Heaven event planned for after the event the end of the month the next month.

Maybe some CoD or AC3 shown but no new game announcements. There's no way they don't show CoD considering it launches a few months afterwards (but then I thought the same thing for E3, so who knows.)

That heaven is never coming and also I think that deal with MS and Activision will prevent them from showing it

A couple updates. I started playing Gravity rush for the first time. oh my the game is good. Reminds me a bit I Kikis delivery service :)

In other news, my addiction of buying PSP games for vita continues. I picked up the Sega Genesis collection and when you set it to original screen size it looks AMAZING. Almost HD like it was so clear. And playing sonic 1 on the vita in that fashion made me happier than it should. If only it had streets of rage 1-3.

polg

I'll be in Tokyo next week. Is there a list of import-friendly games? Thinking of getting UMvC3... Specially if I find it second hand.

I know everyone is buying up Mortal Kombat to resell at Best Buy and whatnot but I kept a copy and am LOVING it.

This game has sooo much more content than the console versions and while the character models are ugly, the game runs beautifully.

Skyzard

Banned
A couple updates. I started playing Gravity rush for the first time. oh my the game is good. Reminds me a bit I Kikis delivery service :)

In other news, my addiction of buying PSP games for vita continues. I picked up the Sega Genesis collection and when you set it to original screen size it looks AMAZING. Almost HD like it was so clear. And playing sonic 1 on the vita in that fashion made me happier than it should. If only it had streets of rage 1-3.

Hopefully this is on Sega's to-do list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic's_Ultimate_Genesis_Collection

Takao

Banned
As in... I don't speak Japanese... I can't import Persona 4 for example

Dokuro's Japanese demo had English as a text option. I'm not sure if the final Japanese release does, but the game's a platformer, and cheap (like less than 3000 yen) so it doesn't hurt to try.

I think most games did at the time. Hot Shots, Resistance, and Uncharted. There were rumors that the NGP had beefier specs, so Killzone may also be running at a sub native resolution.

Resistance, and Uncharted were games originally developed on PS3 hardware. I wouldn't be surprised if the footage was from those builds.

Iacobellis

Dokuro's Japanese demo had English as a text option. I'm not sure if the final Japanese release does, but the game's a platformer, and cheap (like less than 3000 yen) so it doesn't hurt to try.

Resistance, and Uncharted were games originally developed on PS3 hardware. I wouldn't be surprised if the footage was from those builds.

I never took that into consideration, good point. If you remember the PlayStation Meeting where Sony unveiled the NGP, though, Uncharted looked nicer there and that was real-time gameplay. I can't speak for the actual resolution of the game, but the lighting seemed to mimic Uncharted 1 better.

Ein Bear

I never took that into consideration, good point. If you remember the PlayStation Meeting where Sony unveiled the NGP, though, Uncharted looked nicer there and that was real-time gameplay. I can't speak for the actual resolution of the game, but the lighting seemed to mimic Uncharted 1 better.

It definitely feels like the Vita had it's specs cut back before release, there's just so many titles that are sub native-res.

Didn't they demo Metal Gear Solid 4 running on the NGP when it was first announced? Now they can't even get MGS2 running at native res, or at it's original PS2 framerate.

I still love my Vita and everything, but the amount of games that don't take full advantage of that beautiful screen makes me sad. =(

Carl

Didn't they demo Metal Gear Solid 4 running on the NGP when it was first announced? Now they can't even get MGS2 running at native res, or at it's original PS2 framerate.

It ran but it was only a cutscene and the framerate was about 20fps wasn't it?

I don't give a fuck if i game has 60FPS and is native res. If it's fun, i'll like it.

Got my Vita from the Amazon Warehouse deals on Friday, and I have been playing the hell out of Hot Shots Golf. Very impressed with this little handheld. I am glad I got off the fence, and made a rare impulse purchase.

For the upcoming B2G1, I'm thinking I will be purchasing Gravity Rush, Disgaea 3, and Unit 13 (not sure about this one yet, but I loved the demo). Is Unit 13's mulitplayer still active?

Carl

Got my Vita from the Amazon Warehouse deals on Friday, and I have been playing the hell out of Hot Shots Golf. Very impressed with this little handheld. I am glad I got off the fence, and made a rare impulse purchase.

For the upcoming B2G1, I'm thinking I will be purchasing Gravity Rush, Disgaea 3, and Unit 13 (not sure about this one yet, but I loved the demo). Is Unit 13's mulitplayer still active?

It was on sale in Europe until wednesday, so should be pretty active i would have though.

Also, have you bought Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack yet? If not then get on PSN and download it.

Iacobellis

It definitely feels like the Vita had it's specs cut back before release, there's just so many titles that are sub native-res.

I still love my Vita and everything, but the amount of games that don't take full advantage of that beautiful screen makes me sad. =(

It's so bad. If you ever played Little Deviants and saw what a monstrosity the first screen is that show the warnings, blah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom