• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general advice thread, part 3 | Veni, vidi, Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.

spannicus

The vita just is a great piece of hardware that suits SO MANY GAMES it is unreal the amount of individuals who have a vita who are just sitting there thinking of their favourite games that they'd love to play on this, and know it would likely play well if it was made - especially in the early stages of the vita's lifetime when the catalogue is just starting up.

I think a lot of developers, even more so the ones behind the PSN titles that are currently available for PS3, are thinking the same thing and I would not be surprised to hear of a lot of the games making their way over as the vita grows. The more popular titles usually make the switch over first, which is frustrating for fans of a wide-variety of games but it makes sense financially.

Personally I'm hoping for those great 2d pixel junk shooters and journey to make it over especially. They seem reasonably popular as well so I wouldn't be too surprised to see them within a year or two as well. I'm not dying for any though, unlike for quite a few (like 5 or 6?*) upcoming titles.

*Have to:
Retro City Rampage
Jet Set Radio
Sonic and Sega All stars transformed
Sly Cooper 4
SFxT
NFS Most Wanted < - if it is faithful to the console version and does it justice
Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Little Big Planet
Persona 4 <- will be my first entry to the series
Sine Mora

And a few down the line/maybes too, particularly Soul Sacrifice.

I downloaded Pixel Junk Shooter onto my cousins PS3 using my account and it works with Remote Play. There is lag but it is not that bad. I only got to play once because we dont live in the same house. I tweeted to Dylan Cubert and asked him if the Pixel Junk games would be coming to the Vita when they released MD and his reply was "Not likely"

Skyzard

Banned
I downloaded Pixel Junk Shooter onto my cousins PS3 using my account and it works with Remote Play. There is lag but it is not that bad. I only got to play once because we dont live in the same house. I tweeted to Dylan Cubert and asked him if the Pixel Junk games would be coming to the Vita when they released MD and his reply was "Not likely"

I was quite glad you saw how good it would be. I'm sure loads of their fans did too. That is a real shame. Maybe they'll change their minds after enough requests.

https://twitter.com/dylancuthbert/ you say.

spannicus

Hail Sony
111219-team-america-world-police-9a.380;380;7;70.jpg

Vitacat

Selling my Vita with everything seen here (and AC adapter/USB cable, not pictured)

• Wi-Fi Vita
  • 4gb Memory Card
  • Hot Shots Golf Vita
  • Carrying case
  • Card holder

$175 shipped to a GAFer

2012-07-10%2014.44.45.jpg

I can't see the photo. But I am interested if you're still selling it. Thanks.

Sol1dus

Yggdra Union is such a bad game imho. There's nothing fun about it for me...Makes me want to play Advance Wars, that's about the only good thing that comes out of it. >:l

Skyzard

Banned
This thread has become so sad. At the rate we're going, the fourth advice thread will just be a nice group therapy session.

whoa i was just congratulating him did you congratulate him huh

Haha, that'd be nice.

evil-santa.jpg

I dunno. He's so menacing and corrupt..no santa..no.

Lucent

This thread has become so sad. At the rate we're going, the fourth advice thread will just be a nice group therapy session.

whoa i was just congratulating him did you congratulate him huh

lol. It's cool. I didn't even know how you were supposed to become a member. I thought I read that you just had to be fairly active and contribute to conversations
and not be a complete ass
and you'd become one. But then I saw it change the other day and I was like "oh, cool!" Then I thought about buying a shirt. I haven't done that yet...lol.

But thanks. =D

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
so when is the Vita Heaven? I heard June but we all know what happened.
I was going to make a lame joke about it already happening, but it just hurts too much.

Haha, that'd be nice.
I'm not even going to quote that terrifying picture.

lol. It's cool. I didn't even know how you were supposed to become a member. I thought I read that you just had to be fairly active and contribute to conversations
and not be a complete ass
and you'd become one. But then I saw it change the other day and I was like "oh, cool!" Then I thought about buying a shirt. I haven't done that yet...lol.

But thanks. =D
If The Grim Heaper can become a member, anybody can!

Takao

Banned
I heard the June date was a misunderstanding. Sony hasn't announced the second Vita Heaven date. My guess is we will probably hear more in TGS.

TGS is in September, which is way too long since the last one. It'll be either this month, or next month.

Skyzard

Banned
Has it been announced for any other platforms besides the Wii U?

No, I don't think so.

I'm sure some sort of new rayman origins type title will land again - it was praised so much, I'm sure it would have been one of the better sellers of the early catalogue. I'd guess about another year or so before we get to play anything though.

I think companies (nintendo in this case) must be paying for silent short-term exclusivity of some sorts, particularly for Monster Hunter as well.

If The Grim Heaper can become a member, anybody can!
oh wow that's mature

I know. :eek:)

We'll see... maybe I'll get one.
You should! There's always room in the family, so I hope you get the one Karish is selling!

How long do you guys think we will have to wait for Rayman Legends after the Wii U launch
It's probably exclusive but I reeeally hope it isn't. I need it in my life.

spannicus

Where did you hear it was a success?

Well, either way, it will probably happen some time next year.

I've read that the initial launch was a bit underwhelming but when it released onto the Vita it was at the top of the charts for a good while. Origins was amazing on the Vita, beautiful colors and extremely addictive.

Skyzard

Banned
I think companies (nintendo in this case) must be paying for silent short-term exclusivity of some sorts, particularly for Monster Hunter as well.

Rayman Legends Guy said:
"Well we're not really saying it's a Wii U exclusive, although right now all we're showing is the Wii U [version]."

"We're looking at a lot of different launch options so we'll keep you guys updated as soon as we know for sure, but right now we're just talking about the Wii U."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/353327/ubisoft-rayman-legends-may-not-be-wii-u-exclusive/

Aurizen

TGS is in September, which is way too long since the last one. It'll be either this month, or next month.

Yeah the next vita heaven is in the summer as they said, but by that time the finally show it the hype for it is died down and everyone is in school or focusing on something other than games and the wait has subsided to something else. I always hate when that happens.

So I'm playing uncharted and it's ok so far (Chapter 11 or so), I mostly just have a problem with the touch screen, but my god the use of the motion sensors for aiming adjustment is brilliant, next to the mouse this is my favorite way of shooting (FPS or TPS) I hope more games use that n the future.

Skyzard

Banned
I felt MGS could have done with it as well for slight adjustments (having come off gravity rush before HD collection) but the D-pad left/right/up slight adjustments while in first person mode in MGS2 were alright. I agree more optional additional gyro aim + sensitivity.

spannicus

So I'm playing uncharted and it's ok so far (Chapter 11 or so), I mostly just have a problem with the touch screen, but my god the use of the motion sensors for aiming adjustment is brilliant, next to the mouse this is my favorite way of shooting (FPS or TPS) I hope more games use that n the future.

Uncharted was my first Vita game. I stayed up for hours playing that game, the best looking and most engaging vita game in my opinion.

Jawmuncher

While I like GA leagues more than 3.
The forced parts that make you use the vita's functions is the worst thing about it.
Only one time was a vita function used brillantly (I think everyone knows the part im talking about)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom