• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita PCH-2000 | Light and Slim. 6 Colors. No More OLED, Instead Cute Penguins

Dominator

But seriously though, there are legitimately terrible/broken games in that collection.
Point 'em out. All of them if you don't mind. I enjoyed at least a little bit of every game I have there. Even CoD and Resistance I enjoyed. Resistance more so but yeah.

look at all those bad games, No wonder they say vita has no games.

Just kidding

solid collection. I think you have all bases covered though. If anything recommend me some titles.
Which ones do you already have that I have? I'll be able to recommend some if I know what you like :D

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Figured I'd post this here. I think I have everything covered that I care for, but can does anyone have any games they'd recommend me? This is what I have:

4D40DEC6-4858-431C-B379-F8D0A8BE217C_zpsrwnzn2ve.jpg

I'm not a huge Luminous fan so no interest in that, I have Demon Gaze which is on loan for the day, and I also have Little Deviants but lol Little Deviants. Thanks to anyone who can recommend some stuff!

NA/EU releases only please (English language games essentially).

Do you own any Digital Games? or how do you feel about Digital Titles? Because there's a few Digital Titles that I can recommend and it's becoming more frequent for titles to be localized on the Digital Store only so either you embrace the Digital future or miss out on some great games.

Dominator

Do you own any Digital Games? or how do you feel about Digital Titles? Because there's a few Digital Titles that I can recommend and it's becoming more frequent for titles to be localized on the Digital Store only so either you embrace the Digital future or miss out on some great games.
If its digital only I have no issue getting it, such as Soul Sacrifice Delta or just regular PSN games.

PSN games list:

Escape Plan
Super Stardust Delta
Motorstorm RC
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
Sound Shapes
Guacamelee!
Hotline Miami
Spelunky
Destiny of Spirits
Flower
TxK
Flow
Doki-Doki Universe
FEZ
Dead Nation
PixelJunk Monsters: Ultimate HD
Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut
Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark
Thomas Was Alone
Velocity Ultra
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD
Retro City Rampage
Knytt Underground
Dokuro
PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate
LIMBO
Runner 2
The Impossible Game

I know there are tons more. Any you'd recommend?

Also sorry if anybody thinks I'm clogging the thread, but I think this is beneficial to most people to find out about some good games. I think this system is pretty great and I like playing games for it!

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
If its digital only I have no issue getting it, such as Soul Sacrifice Delta or just regular PSN games.

How about getting or give a try to:
-Monster Monpiece
-Project Diva f
-Child of Light
-Atelier Totori Plus: The Adventurer of Arland
-Atelier Meruru Plus: The Apprentice of Arland
-Atelier Rorona Plus : The Alchemist of Arland
-Sword Art Online:Hollow Fragment when it comes out (Digital only in the US but EU is getting a Physical Release)
-Tales of Heart R when it comes out
-Oddworld New n Tasty when it comes out
And of course I suggest you look up some gameplay to see if it suits your taste before you buy anything.

-Monster Monpiece
-Project Diva f
-Child of Light
-Sword Art Online:Hollow Fragment when it comes out (Digital only in the US but EU is getting a Physical Release)
And of course I suggest you look up some gameplay to see if it suits your taste before you buy anything.
If you don't mind me asking, could you explain what the Atelier games are? Are they good/fun/worth the money? Are there any games that are similar? I could use similar games to see if there are any I've played/enjoyed previously. Thanks :)

Dominator

If you don't mind me asking, could you explain what the Atelier games are? Are they good/fun/worth the money? Are there any games that are similar? I could use similar games to see if there are any I've played/enjoyed previously. Thanks :)
I'm curious as to the answer to this too. I look at them at face value and I just have no interest, but if I see they are similar to something I like I'd give them a shot.

Jayne

Has anyone imported from Nippon-Yasan? If so, how was it? I'm considering Importing one of the Super Value Pack Vita bundles from them when they are released on Thursday.

kuroshiki

Deception isn't my type of game, Dynasty Warriors I have on PS4 and Army Corps never grabbed me when I played it initially when the Vita came out. I'm willing to give it another go if I can find it cheap. Thanks for the suggestions.

Dude. deception 4, once it click, it's freaking awesome man. Nothing is more satisfying 32 hit trap infinite combo after combo. AKA circle of DOOM.

Shizuka

-Monster Monpiece
-Project Diva f
-Child of Light

Sword Art Online is not getting a retail print in Europe, but Tales of Hearts R is in both regions.

Dominator

Dude. deception 4, once it click, it's freaking awesome man. Nothing is more satisfying 32 hit trap infinite combo after combo. AKA circle of DOOM.
Thats my problem though. I have no interest in grid based strategy games unless its Fire Emblem: Awakening. For some reason that grabbed me but nothing else in the genre ever has.

TriGen

Has Sony said anything about the Vita shortage?

Nothing but your standard "Vita is selling above our expectations" response.

A representative for the company said, "We're seeing healthy consumer demand for PS Vita globally, particularly in markets like Japan. The U.S. launch of the slimmer and lighter PS Vita has generated strong interest among gamers, and we’re working to replenish supply here to ensure continued momentum leading into the holidays." And an official GameStop representative was more bullish, but similarly vague, saying, "The system has sold better than expected, and we are working closely with Sony to receive more to fulfill customer demand."
Link.

Vashetti

Banned
Are there any Vita firmware upgrades on the horizon? Any features they are known to possibly be adding?

I can't see what else they can do with it at this point, except add multiple account support.

It's stable as hell and has loads of features.

I wouldn't mind better PSP/PS1 emulation features, like forcing the games to render in higher resolutions with AA, but I'm not sure that's feasible.

Xion_Stellar

I'm curious as to the answer to this too. I look at them at face value and I just have no interest, but if I see they are similar to something I like I'd give them a shot.

Hmmm I'm not sure what to compare them to since the games are a combination of several things and I don't have the most comprehensive RPG Background but I will give it a shot:

Atelier Totori Plus:
Story:
Extremely basic your character wants to be an adventurer to look for someone and that's it,you're not a hero,you're not saving anyone,you're not getting revenge,you're not defeating a villain and you're not liberating a land/kingdom.The Atelier games are known for their great character interactions and not their story.

Gameplay:
Totori is an alchemist and as such you will often find yourself gathering and looking for items/materials and synthesizing items for yourself or others. The game has 2 main goals (1 of them will not be spoiled) one of them being that you have to obtain a certain amount of adventure points within the span of 3 year but how you go about doing that is up to you. You can take Guild request,Synthesizing requests,go kill some monsters or go fight bosses but keep in mind that gathering items,synthesizing,fighting monsters,sleeping at your house etc almost everything you do takes time to away from those 3 years and there is also time based quests/request and what not so you're going to be doing a degree of time managing if you want to make those 3 years count.

Battling is turn based you got your basic HP/MP, our turn list, Special attack meter,assist meter, and the LP stat which works kinda like stamina were the lower it is the the worse you perform and your start getting debuffs. You can recruit other characters to help you in battle since Totori is weaker than a squirrel and the game has no game over screen...if you get wiped in battle you simply return to your house and you lose the time it took to get to the area you got wiped in and the time you wasted there.

Synthesizing is very straight forward such as need A+B+C+D item to make X item but can also use E+F+G+H item to make X item too, pretty much everything you obtain in the game can be used in some way to synthesize items or weapons, each items has a certain grade of quality and using higher quality items yield better synthesized items and you can also add traits to an item but again the quality of the items you use to add a trait to an item also determines how much better the desire trait will be.

The game offers multiple character endings depending on how you decided to spend those 3 years and what you managed to complete so if this game doesn't sound boring to you than give it a try.

Atelier Meruru Plus:
Story:
You have become the apprentice of Totori from the previous game but your father disapproves so in order to gain his approval just must help him expand and enrich the land he watches over.

Gameplay:
Everything from Totori applies here but with the exception that instead of gaining adventure points you're gaining development point and those points can be used to expand or improve a certain area or type of business in the land in which doing so increases and improves the item yield from that business and I have to say that watching the player turn a desolate land into a thriving town is satisfying and of course how you go about improving the land is up to you since you can use development points,take requests or offer items to the people.

Atelier Rorona Plus:

Story:
You're an alchemist down on it's luck and you got 3 years to turn yourself around or your alchemist shop goes under.

Gameplay:
Not much to say here for newcomers since everything is pretty much the same as Totori but for those of you who played the original Atelier Rorona this game is a HUGE improvement in alot of area's and not just the improved character models but otherwise the game will look and play pretty similar to Totori in the eyes of a newcomer to the series.

So...:
So if anyone is interested in starting the Atelier Arland Trilogy then start with Atelier Rorona Plus and if you're interested in playing the other 2 games than Atelier Totori Plus is the next one in the trilogy and Atelier Meruru Plus is the last game in the Trilogy.

So, I'm in Asia and I picked up Ys today! I couldn't find it in the UK for a reasonable price, but I found the US copy of the game here for ~£25 and thought why not. Even if I don't like it, I can sell it and make that price back in the UK.

I have so many Vita games now though... I keep buying/starting games and never finishing them. And then the ones that I do spend a few hours with often aren't that great (i.e. Batman, waste of time).

TUSR

Banned
So, I'm in Asia and I picked up Ys today! I couldn't find it in the UK for a reasonable price, but I found the US copy of the game here for ~£25 and thought why not. Even if I don't like it, I can sell it and make that price back in the UK.

I have so many Vita games now though... I keep buying/starting games and never finishing them. And then the ones that I do spend a few hours with often aren't that great (i.e. Batman, waste of time).

I started P4G the other day after breaking my Destiny of Spirits addiction.

Back to back 4 hour sessions before bed...

I started P4G the other day after breaking my Destiny of Spirits addiction.

Back to back 4 hour sessions before bed...
I was so addicted to P4G but I never finished it. I got really far though, and just kind of forgot about it because I got distracted by a PS3 release. :/ I still haven't picked it back up but I keep meaning to. The atmosphere in the game is incredible considering how simple the graphics are - I can remember late nights in bed, playing it with headphones on and feeling so immersed.

TUSR

Banned
I was so addicted to P4G but I never finished it. I got really far though, and just kind of forgot about it because I got distracted by a PS3 release. :/ I still haven't picked it back up but I keep meaning to. The atmosphere in the game is incredible considering how simple the graphics are - I can remember late nights in bed, playing it with headphones on and feeling so immersed.

Im just about to save Yukiko, im probably going to wife her up or Marie and call it a game.

WOOOOO guys I got 64gb memory card from superUFO! HYPEEEE gonna load this badboy up with games. farewell 16gb card

You can finally download games without feeling snake bitten.

StuffRuff

My 64GB card just arrived! Finally going to start giving this Vita Slim some love.

Can anyone recommend a case for me? Petrified of it dying a death from the dog.

GD71

Banned
So after saying I wouldn't get a Slim because I love the OLED in my OG Vita, I've played with my sons B'day present white Japan Slim some more, and really dug the slimmer lighter feel. So I went ahead and traded my OG for a Black UK Vita Slim. Eek. Screen still looks washed out, but my eyes are slowly adjusting.

Xion_Stellar

So after saying I wouldn't get a Slim because I love the OLED in my OG Vita, I've played with my sons B'day present white Japan Slim some more, and really dug the slimmer lighter feel. So I went ahead and traded my OG for a Black UK Vita Slim. Eek. Screen still looks washed out, but my eyes are slowly adjusting.
I only saw the difference when I made a side by side comparison but not once did I ever think "man this game would look so much better on the 1000 model" it's just a difference you know is there but overall it won't have a significant impact of any kind when you play a game on the PS Vita 2000. I did just fine on my PSP with an LCD screen and I'm doing just fine playing my consoles on a non-OLED TV.

Lexxism

Anyone has the Nyko Power Grip for Vita Slim and any White Vita Slim? Is it possible to take a picture of it? I'm curious how it looks like with White Vita. Also, how long is the battery life with Nyko?

GD71

Banned
I only saw the difference when I made a side by side comparison but not once did I ever think "man this game would look so much better on the 1000 model" it's just a difference you know is there but overall it won't have a significant impact of any kind when you play a game on the PS Vita 2000. I did just fine on my PSP with an LCD screen and I'm doing just fine playing my consoles on a non-OLED TV.

I don't mind the lack of OLED. Aside from the Vita it was never a must have for me. I just wish the Vita had a contrast control to richen up the slim a tiny bit. But I'm loving it.

Jayne

Just got my Vita-2000 today! :] Ordered from Nippon-Yasan last Wednesday night and it arrived this morning, in immaculate condition (Ty FedEx <3). Super excited to give a go!

b1d194ac52.jpg

Jayne

Are the games in that bundle all digital download codes?

The games are all pre-installed on the 8gb memory stick it comes with. Seems that they are all full (albeit, perhaps, somewhat small) games, except for Project Diva 2nd. That one is just a demo. :]

maouvin

The games are all pre-installed on the 8gb memory stick it comes with. Seems that they are all full (albeit, perhaps, somewhat small) games, except for Project Diva 2nd. That one is just a demo. :]

Indeed. Yakuza, that third one with the girl with a hat, Destiny of Spirits, Toro and the one with the G are all f2p. Miku is a demo and I have no idea what the one with the girl in red is.

So if you delete a game does that mean you can't redownload it since the games were never bought/redeemed on your account?

Jayne

So if you delete a game does that mean you can't redownload it since the games were never bought/redeemed on your account?

Good question. I'm really not sure. I just made a Japanese PSN account to use with this memory card, maybe they'll be linked to that and will allow me to re-download them if deleted. I have a 16gb that I use for my regular PSN stuff, so this 8gb that came with it is just sort of a back-up/JPN acc card for me.

mao2

Good question. I'm really not sure. I just made a Japanese PSN account to use with this memory card, maybe they'll be linked to that and will allow me to re-download them if deleted. I have a 16gb that I use for my regular PSN stuff, so this 8gb that came with it is just sort of a back-up/JPN acc card for me.
You can download them from PS Store for free since they're F2P.

HooYaH

Just got my Vita-2000 today! :] Ordered from Nippon-Yasan last Wednesday night and it arrived this morning, in immaculate condition (Ty FedEx <3). Super excited to give a go!

b1d194ac52.jpg

What's up with Sony Box designers (this and EU PS4/Vita pack)? Those designs must have been made by a 5 yr old.

Purdy

Any must buy Japanese games? Going to import gundam breaker, anything else I should consider that requires little understanding of Japanese ?

Top Bottom