• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita PCH-2000 | Light and Slim. 6 Colors. No More OLED, Instead Cute Penguins

batrush

Thinking about purchasing a White/Lime Green Vita from Amazon. Is this the best time to pick up a Vita? Anyone here purchased theirs from Amazon? Impressions?

Thinking about purchasing a White/Lime Green Vita from Amazon. Is this the best time to pick up a Vita? Anyone here purchased theirs from Amazon? Impressions?
I'm assuming if you're in the US/UK/EU, then it'll be a third party reseller through Amazon, as only the black slim Vitas have launched officially in the Western world.

The slim is awesome. I upgraded a few months ago and I love it - it's lighter, it seems to have way longer battery life, it's thinner (but not uncomfortably thin), and I really don't mind the change in screen.

Fisty

Anyone have a suggestion (or even information on) a protective skin/case for the vita slim? Something like nerf armor etc, or even just a good shell type thing. Cant seem to find many, mostly silicone skins and aluminum shells with iffy reviews

Holy crap, finally found a used one in a store near me...

I have been debating on one of these since it launched in Japan. Even through that stupid plastic bag they house them, in it felt great.

Those new shoulder buttons, this alone, warrants an import. The dpad and all other face buttons feel great still as well. The screen will be nice as well since most of my gaming as a dad of two year old and a 9.5 hour workday is kept to night time will help my eyes compared to the brightness of the OLED, so compromises.

I am going to have to start saving some bones though because I don't want a plain black one.

Anyone else thinking about it, lookup a gamestop with a used one and feel it, phew it is finally nice to put that to bed.

By the by, can anyone recommend a good screen protector for the 2k models? Also I have huge man hands for being only 5'9" on a good day, would appreciate a grip suggestion as well, I have the hori one now I believe for my OG.

Yazuka

A few days ago I got an original vita cheaply. And sure I liked it, byt I got a chance to trade it to a slim model.
One of the best trades I've ever done! The 2000 is so much more comfortable, so much sturdier. Love the buttons more, especially start, select and home buttons are a huge improvment. Even L and R are a big improvement.

I honestly didn't notice a big change in the screen quality. Its still nice and crisp and I'm very pleased with the 2000 model and I don't think I'll ever go back to the original.

maouvin

The screen will be nice as well since most of my gaming as a dad of two year old and a 9.5 hour workday is kept to night time will help my eyes compared to the brightness of the OLED, so compromises.

I made the change thanks to this. The OLED fried my eyes even at the lowest brightness setting. It took me more time to adapt to the thinner body (had to change the way I held it) than to the screen on the 2000, since it felt so nice to the eyes.

For screen protectors people recommended me a bunch some pages back, like Hori and illumishield. Some use tempered glass protectors too, but I never saw such thing in person.

romulus91

hey guys :) about to get a slim :) does anyone know if there is a full body screen protector (as in one which covers the screen and face? i hate any scratches

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Question for those who imported the White (or other color) Slim. Does the box have a seal on it? I just got mine (third party seller on amazon), and I didn't have the plastic sticker over the area to open the box. I looked up some unboxing videos on YouTube, and a lot of them didn't have one either, but one of them did. The system looks brand new as far as I can tell.

Leynos

I might be able to import one of these badboys in a couple of weeks, and I'm really liking the way that the red Japanese Super Value Pack model looks. Problem is that it costs about $35 more than the lime green model, and I can't justify that price difference. Anyone know where I can get a new one at a decent price?

Also, any recommendations on a soft slip pouch for the Vita Slim? I have one of these for my PSP-1000 that I really like.
psp_slip_case.jpg

Lastly, how well do the tempered glass screen protectors work, and are they worth it?

ramyeon

Question for those who imported the White (or other color) Slim. Does the box have a seal on it? I just got mine (third party seller on amazon), and I didn't have the plastic sticker over the area to open the box. I looked up some unboxing videos on YouTube, and a lot of them didn't have one either, but one of them did. The system looks brand new as far as I can tell.
I don't think Japanese systems have seals on the boxes usually. Mine didn't either.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
So I've been messing with my import vita, and noticed that Circle is confirm and X is cancel in Dissidia. Is the game like this or is it due to my jpn Vita? I thought they were only switched in the OS..

maouvin

So I've been messing with my import vita, and noticed that Circle is confirm and X is cancel in Dissidia. Is the game like this or is it due to my jpn Vita? I thought they were only switched in the OS..

Some games follow the OS setup.

SeanR1221

So it's pretty safe to assume, outside of Japanese games, there won't be any more non-indie games for the vita?

So it's basically an indie/remote play/ps now machine.

Where does everyone think Sony will go from here? Ride the vita out until the ps5? That's still at least a good 4 years off.

Or kill it off officially and just focus on remote play/ps now on their phones/tablets and let you pair a controller up? But then that means no more indie games unless it's through Google play :/

The situation bums me out because I really like the vita.

Novocaine

I might be able to import one of these badboys in a couple of weeks, and I'm really liking the way that the red Japanese Super Value Pack model looks. Problem is that it costs about $35 more than the lime green model, and I can't justify that price difference. Anyone know where I can get a new one at a decent price?

Also, any recommendations on a soft slip pouch for the Vita Slim? I have one of these for my PSP-1000 that I really like.
psp_slip_case.jpg

Lastly, how well do the tempered glass screen protectors work, and are they worth it?

I have the Vita equivalent of that and I use it all the time, it's nice. I don't think you can buy it individually though, I got it from an official starter kit. It's meant for the 1000 model but it should fit with the 2000 just fine.

Archaonlotr

Neo Member
I just ordered a 2000 model, will i be able to just use the memory card in my 1000 (hot swap)

both units will be under my main US PSN+ account

hqdefault.jpg

Liquid_015

Gold Member
Gaf,

I'm looking to trade in my 1000 so i can purchase a 2000, and currently game stop is offering 110$ for the Vita. Should I go for it, or should I try elsewhere to get a higher value?

Thanks!

mmm im leaning towards green but the blue looks really nice ... too hard

I was thinking about getting the white/blue, but ended up just getting plain old white to match my PS4. Between green and blue, I'd choose blue, hands down.

Also, to the people discussing case options, I'm really glad I chose this one.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L6AVNE0/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Comes with a screen protector, a clear shell that snaps on quite nicely, and a padded case that can store the Vita while it's in the shell.
Only downside is the case only has room for the Vita - accessories and games can't come along for the ride.

Liquid_015

Gold Member
Hey guys,

Looking to import a Vita 2000 using superufo! How's the service? Is it reliable? Is Fedex the most secure option? And is there import tax/custom fees?

Haxxona

Banned
Is their anyway that I can buy any of the coloured vitas in Europe so I dont pay a ginormous amount of import tax(I live in Sweden)? Lime, blue or white is looking like my best bets

maouvin

Hey guys,

Looking to import a Vita 2000 using superufo! How's the service? Is it reliable? Is Fedex the most secure option? And is there import tax/custom fees?

Their CS works as it should, but the difference in timezones will probably make communication, if needed, a tad slow.
I don't think they ship Vitas anyway else than Fedex due to the battery.
Dunno about your contry, but when shipping to Brazil Fedex (as any other courier service) always charges import fees.

Has anyone else had an issue with the wifi crapping out after a couple of days in sleep mode? Sometimes I get the same issue when traveling between saved networks. So far a reboot seems to fix it.

Liquid_015

Gold Member
Their CS works as it should, but the difference in timezones will probably make communication, if needed, a tad slow.
I don't think they ship Vitas anyway else than Fedex due to the battery.
Dunno about your contry, but when shipping to Brazil Fedex (as any other courier service) always charges import fees.

Ah ok. So Superufo is pretty good then? I'm in the US right now, so i don't think they will charge customs fee?

maouvin

Ah ok. So Superufo is pretty good then? I'm in the US right now, so i don't think they will charge customs fee?

Yup. Plenty from VitaGAF ordered things there (mostly 64GB cards), and I don't remember anyone complaining.

And I have no idea on how US customs work, sorry :/

Liquid_015

Gold Member
Yeah a lot of us used SuperUFO.

Good service, website and Paypal check out look sketchy as fuck though.

Haha yeah that's so true, the site itself looks like it came out of the late 90's. Though did a lot of gaffers get their PS Vita from superufo?

aember

I've only seen a couple posts about SuperUFO, but I was wondering: those that have used both Play-Asia and SuperUFO, which would you say is better? I use the former for importing, but I'm always up for trying new stores!

As of a week ago, I am now the proud owner of a brand new Vita 2000 and it is glorious.

Fez, Rogue Legacy, and Hotline: Miami are so good on this thing.

And As long as you have a good connection remote is awesome. Been playing Destiny from my bed and it works really well. I hope AC: Unity has good remote play controls too.

Despite all that goodness, the game I have probably played the most so far is Symphony of the Night (GOAT) for like the 20th time. That game looks and feels great on the Vita.

What's the generally accepted best website to import a Vita-2000 from? I think it's finally time.

Edit: should probably point out that I'm in the United States! California, specifically.

Sarcasm

What's the generally accepted best website to import a Vita-2000 from? I think it's finally time.

Edit: should probably point out that I'm in the United States! California, specifically.

nippon or superufo is what I have seen mentioned throughly this thread. I am using nippon to pre-order the light pink one.

Top Bottom