• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita PCH-2000 | Light and Slim. 6 Colors. No More OLED, Instead Cute Penguins

Toki767

Any must buy Japanese games? Going to import gundam breaker, anything else I should consider that requires little understanding of Japanese ?

Project Diva f 2nd, but that'll be getting localized.

Maybe J-Stars Victory Vs or One Piece Musou?

javie3d

Just got my Vita-2000 today! :] Ordered from Nippon-Yasan last Wednesday night and it arrived this morning, in immaculate condition (Ty FedEx <3). Super excited to give a go!

b1d194ac52.jpg

how much was it? ebays looking like $260... play asia at $300

Cloudy

Banned
I remember that I could stretch ps1 games on psp. Can't that be done on vita?

Also has anyone noticed that playing uncharted with analog stick covers is almost impossible? Haven't noticed it in any other game and while I can fix the aiming sensitivity, there's no movement sensitivity option

maouvin

Good choice, I just got mine in. Love it.

Got it. It's a really nice case. Very pleased that it's so slim. The Vita does move from side to side a bit. I think I'm finally going to attempt to install a screen protector though.

Now I can throw the Vita in my backpack without worrying so much.

Jayne

Wow, it's pretty.

I'm absolutely in love with it! I was originally leaning toward the blue model, but when I went to order, it had jumped in price $30. So I pounced on the red model while it was still priced at $201. Seeing the red/black Vita in person abolished any doubts I'd had ^^ The thing is gorgeous!

SeanR1221

Finally got the pdp grips for the 2000.

Remote play is so much better now.

I know some people hate the pdp grips, but the nyko power grips look waaaaaay too ugly to me, unless the pictures are decieving

Edit: ok I actually decided to look at some reviews. It's not terrible from the side.

I'll order one and see if I like it.

Looks like the NPD for last month sales is at 15K in the US. It's much more than I thought considering the supply issues. Imagine if they had a steady supply of those BL2 bundles here in the US. They should of also released stand alone Vita's even if it was at $169-$179 price point. Looks like Sony probably killed a decent momentum they had going from May that could of lasted into the fall with Minecraft coming in August.

Damn, it's awesome. Kinda wish it was already out when I bought my black/khaki (which I love too, but daaamn this vivid red).

Exactly the same thing here with me.

Love my black/khaki, but a white/light blue or this vivid red with the black might have been just as nice, if not nicer.

TriGen

I was wondering if I could get some opinions on a potential Vita purchase. I've been wanting to finally purchase a Vita lately (actually it's a pretty big craving) and even though there aren't many on store shelves, I've actually found some around me, so I was wondering what people think.

I found the Slim BL2 bundle at a local Walmart for $200, of course. Then I checked and found some OG Vitas at a Kmart for $160 (8 GB card included, same as the Slim). Then there's the possibility of waiting until Gamescom to see if they announce another bundle or maybe a price cut or something. So, what do you think? Getting the BL2 game doesn't mean much to me since I've played some of it before on PS3 and I'm not a big fan -- but I do like the micro-USB and raised start/select buttons. On the other hand, I know a lot of people still like their OG Vitas and it's a nice $40 savings.

I just thought I'd get some impressions from people that know the difference. Basically, is the Slim worth an extra $40 to you? Would you wait at least until Gamescom if you've waited this long already? Any and all opinions are appreciated.

Cloudy

Banned
I just thought I'd get some impressions from people that know the difference. Basically, is the Slim worth an extra $40 to you? Would you wait at least until Gamescom if you've waited this long already? Any and all opinions are appreciated.

The slim is way more comfortable but I do miss super-bright screen at times. You get used to it quickly though

Alucrid

Banned
I was wondering if I could get some opinions on a potential Vita purchase. I've been wanting to finally purchase a Vita lately (actually it's a pretty big craving) and even though there aren't many on store shelves, I've actually found some around me, so I was wondering what people think.

I found the Slim BL2 bundle at a local Walmart for $200, of course. Then I checked and found some OG Vitas at a Kmart for $160 (8 GB card included, same as the Slim). Then there's the possibility of waiting until Gamescom to see if they announce another bundle or maybe a price cut or something. So, what do you think? Getting the BL2 game doesn't mean much to me since I've played some of it before on PS3 and I'm not a big fan -- but I do like the micro-USB and raised start/select buttons. On the other hand, I know a lot of people still like their OG Vitas and it's a nice $40 savings.

Can always sell the BL2 code to make up some of the difference too

Jayne

I just sold my OG Vita to a friend today and, honestly, I was sad to see it go. The slim's design changes are a godsend but that beautiful screen will be missed. That's not to say the slim's screen is bad, mind you. It is probably one the most crisp and sexy LCD screens I've ever seen. The black BL2 Vita 2000 is a great deal at $200. Though considering BL2 isn't a deal breaker for you, that OG with an 8gb memory stick for $160 may be too good to pass up. It all comes down to whether or not you wanna save that $40, you can't really go wrong either way imo. ^^

Alright, my iLLumiShield came in today. Hopefully I get lucky with a clean install.

Edit: Well that was a bust. Too much dust, canned air malfunctioning and spraying residue all over everything. All 3 protectors wasted.

Neku

Neo Member
Picked up a Vita Lite 2 days ago and am completely in love with it. Sold my white 1000 from Japan without hesitation. I honestly can't tell the difference between the screens so am not missing out on anything. Maybe my eyes need checking but I'm happy :)

Amazon finally has some BL2 bundles in stock today. Picked it up, hopefully can get like $20 for the voucher code.\

Double posting on my sleepy sunday morning at the office. . .

I reaaallly need to play my Vita more. I took some time off playing Fallout 3 + Dark Souls to lie on my bed and play some Vita and it just feels so good. But I have a backlog of like... 10 full, not-indie games to get through.

I'm still working my way through BL2 Vita (it's amazing, not perfect but soo much more engaging than on console because it goes with me everywhere) but I'm really excited to get started on things like Child of Light and Ys.

Silvawuff

Alright, my iLLumiShield came in today. Hopefully I get lucky with a clean install.

Edit: Well that was a bust. Too much dust, canned air malfunctioning and spraying residue all over everything. All 3 protectors wasted.

That's some serious irony, considering your username!

I second trying the Hori screen protector. Mine went on without a hitch, no air bubbles whatsoever. It's wonderful. If dust is a big problem for you, I recommend running hot water in your bathroom shower for a few minutes, cleaning the screen very well, then installing the screen protector in there. (In the bathroom, not your shower.)

How's the installation? Is it like installing hori screen protector?
I haven't seen the HORI in person, but if you mean their overlay and peel away method, then no. It's the standard clear film type protector. Peel off the back and apply.

That's some serious irony, considering your username!

I second trying the Hori screen protector. Mine went on without a hitch, no air bubbles whatsoever. It's wonderful. If dust is a big problem for you, I recommend running hot water in your bathroom shower for a few minutes, cleaning the screen very well, then installing the screen protector in there. (In the bathroom, not your shower.)
Heh :p

Thanks for the tip. I think I'm done attempting this for awhile though.

I have successfully installed screen protectors on several PSPs and a 3DS XL. I don't know why it's been so difficult to install one on the Vita.

Monad

Have mine since yesterday with the God of War Collection bundle and I'm very happy.

Sturdy construction, screen looks really nice despite not being AMOLED, powerful speakers, the new soft plastic and overall ergonomy feels better than the previous model... Love it.

As a indie/platform gaming fan, this little joy will satisfying me for a long time, play on the iPhone definitely isn't the same.

BTW, is there any official case for protect it instead of the original's model one?

Lhadatt

Ouch. I had a bit of dust on mine, but the scotch tape method worked nicely with the Illumishield.

All Gamestops got 1-2 BL2 bundles today. I was finally able to pick one up after making the stupid mistake right before E3 returning the BL2 bundle back to BBY because people thought a price drop was coming. Took me almost 2 months to get another 2000. LOL!

Any good cases out there for the 2000?

Kitoro

Just got my new Vita 2000 from Best Buy. No dead pixels, perfect R/L buttons and sticks.

I upgraded because my 1000 has a Square button that squeaks like crazy, but..

..my 2000 has a squeaky Square button as well... The X button squeaks a good bit too.

Not ecstatic about this. Triangle and Circle are flawless. Why couldn't they have been the ones instead?! I never even use those two buttons!

topplehat

Well, I bought a 2000 used on eBay. Wasn't sure if I would go with it over my 1000, but I am really surprised how much I prefer the 2000. This is very subjective, but I do actually prefer the "warmer" colors of the LCD to the more vibrant colors of the OLED. It is more akin to my iPhone/iPad LCD than anything else, and I think this point gets downplayed just because the 2000 doesn't have the OLED.

The ergonomics of the 2000 are amazing too. Aesthetically, the only thing I don't really like is the "screen place" (versus the 1000 where the screen felt like a part of the front). It's kind of weird and I tap the corner of it sometimes instead of the actual screen.

Purdy

Just got my Black/Pink 2000

Buttons are so much nicer and the weight and shape our outstanding in comparison to the 1000.

Screen hasn't bothered me so far

I'm interested in a Vita due to my growing PS+ library. Did some research on the OLED vs LCD debacle and would like some input. From what I read, the OLED screen causes black crush issues and occasionally makes it difficult to see darker scenes when playing PS1/PSP games and using remote play. The LCD screen doesn't seem to have these issues, but appears less vibrant with worse contrast when playing native Vita games. Is this information correct? What do you guys think? I just ran a general Google search and clicked a few links. Haven't spent any time with either model in person. I'm totally open to either model, but am very concerned about the OLED's crushed blacks when playing non-Vita games. Again, this is just from what I've read.

Also worth noting that portability and screen performance in sunlight aren't really issues - I will be using the system in my house 95% of the time.

For purchasing options, looks like my best bet would be either the $200 Borderlands 2 LCD bundle or the $169 refurbished OLED model from Amazon. The bundle might save me a bit of cash since it includes an 8GB card and I would likely sell BL2 (nearly 100%'d the game and all DLC on 360 lol). The LCD model would also be brand-new instead of refurbished. Is there a better place to purchase either model? I'm in the U.S., btw.

Sorry if this is the wrong thread, didn't see a Vita OT or anything. I'm going to wait until after Sony's Gamescom conference to see if anything happens, but yeah. Just want to get an idea.

Thanks!

Top Bottom