• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita PCH-2000 | Light and Slim. 6 Colors. No More OLED, Instead Cute Penguins

I might be able to import one of these badboys in a couple of weeks, and I'm really liking the way that the red Japanese Super Value Pack model looks. Problem is that it costs about $35 more than the lime green model, and I can't justify that price difference. Anyone know where I can get a new one at a decent price?

Also, any recommendations on a soft slip pouch for the Vita Slim? I have one of these for my PSP-1000 that I really like.
psp_slip_case.jpg

Lastly, how well do the tempered glass screen protectors work, and are they worth it?

I got a one like that off ebay, for next to nothing. Says PSV on it instead and works fine.

Edit: Here's a pic:

dsc_0458iasu5.jpg

Do people have any recommendations for battery backups for the Vita?

I know there's the official one but assuming there isn't some special requirement, any charger should work I think?

Or is it like iPads in that it requires a higher amperage to be able to charge?

Thanks in advance

---------

I'm thinking of getting this one as it has double the capacity of the official charger and is slightly cheaper plus can charge two things at once.

I guess that it is also dependent on the game? With Dragon's Crown, one can upload/download a save directly from the main menu, so long as you are connected via wi-fi, or, I assume, 3G.
Does that work with the OS interface, where you can pull/push your cloud saves? The games I've seen require you to launch the game on one device, use the game's menu to push the save to the cloud, and then launch the game on the other device and pull down the save to there. And then I need to repeat the process for every other game I want synced.

That's a lot of shit to do as I'm running out the door and I think, "Oh, I should grab my Vita." I don't see why Cross Save games don't actually use a common save file, which can be managed in the standard way via PS+/USB. Really, if I'm headed out the door and I haven't played Shooter at all today, the saves should've already been cloud-synced by Plus the night before.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to press a single button on my Vita, have my PS4 wake if necessary, and then have all Cross Saves automatically rationalized across both platforms. Since I have no 3G, I can just do that before I leave home, or whenever I stumble across a hotspot.

Leynos

I got a one like that off ebay, for next to nothing. Says PSV on it instead and works fine.

Edit: Here's a pic:

dsc_0458iasu5.jpg

I actually found a used, official Sony Vita soft case at Gamestop yesterday, but passed on it as I bought a soft sleeve a week ago that I really like. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Does that work with the OS interface, where you can pull/push your cloud saves? The games I've seen require you to launch the game on one device, use the game's menu to push the save to the cloud, and then launch the game on the other device and pull down the save to there. And then I need to repeat the process for every other game I want synced.

That's a lot of shit to do as I'm running out the door and I think, "Oh, I should grab my Vita." I don't see why Cross Save games don't actually use a common save file, which can be managed in the standard way via PS+/USB. Really, if I'm headed out the door and I haven't played Shooter at all today, the saves should've already been cloud-synced by Plus the night before.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to press a single button on my Vita, have my PS4 wake if necessary, and then have all Cross Saves automatically rationalized across both platforms. Since I have no 3G, I can just do that before I leave home, or whenever I stumble across a hotspot.

As far as I can tell, you can only upload/download Dragon's Crown saves via the in-game menu.

Jomjom

Banned
Not exactly a PSV-2000 but I finally got a Vita again after selling my OG 3G model! I thought the PSTV would suffice, but too many games are not compatible so I picked this baby up in Japan.

tloOj1Of

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Very sweet looking.
I'm trying to find a good Silver OLED version at a decent price. Seems to be the rarest of the color variants.

Jomjom

Banned
Very sweet looking.
I'm trying to find a good Silver OLED version at a decent price. Seems to be the rarest of the color variants.

Ah saw quite a few of those in Japan as well. They do look nice.

I was tempted to buy the white Hatsune Miku one but I couldn't justify 400 for a used vita.

So now that I'm working and making extremely good coin, I decided to get a 64GB Vita memory card. Been struggling with 16GB since the damn thing launch and I figured this move was long overdue. Especially seeing as I recently bought Senran Kagura Bon Apetite and Disgaea 4 and have no damn space for them.

One question I wanted to ask though is if it was worth getting a PSV-2000? I've been considering it for a while and especially seeing as I'm going to Japan soon where I'll no doubt find all the crazy colours and limited editions. I prefer the form factor, it's just the lack of OLED making me hesitant haha Help!

Sarcasm

So now that I'm working and making extremely good coin, I decided to get a 64GB Vita memory card. Been struggling with 16GB since the damn thing launch and I figured this move was long overdue. Especially seeing as I recently bought Senran Kagura Bon Apetite and Disgaea 4 and have no damn space for them.

One question I wanted to ask though is if it was worth getting a PSV-2000? I've been considering it for a while and especially seeing as I'm going to Japan soon where I'll no doubt find all the crazy colours and limited editions. I prefer the form factor, it's just the lack of OLED making me hesitant haha Help!

Having played on both..its honestly doesn't matter..BUT I wouldn't buy a new vita if I already had an OG.

I prefer the 2K.

maouvin

I prefer the 2000 over the OLED and consider it an upgrade (I still have both). Lighter, better battery, better shoulder buttons, screen can get dimmer (the oled burnt my eyes even at minimun brightness, but that's me). The other tweaks (better start/select/ps button, notification light moved to the top) are welcome too.

Colors look washed compared to the oversaturated OLED, but compare to a calibrated display and you'll see that the colors are more natural.

Hopefully you'll have the opportunity to pick one in your hands to get the feel for the slimmer design.

batrush

The LCD on the 2000 is excellent. I had my concerns too. Combined with all the other improvements (especially the ergonomics), I really can't recommend the 1000 to anyone looking for a new Vita.

KemoSabe

I have so many vita games thanks to PS+...

Amazon.it has the 2000 with fifa15 for 130€
Should i buy it?

I got the og vita on launch but sold it after a few months due to the drought, but times have changed since then i think.

Shizuka

I have so many vita games thanks to PS+...

Amazon.it has the 2000 with fifa15 for 130€
Should i buy it?

I got the og vita on launch but sold it after a few months due to the drought, but times have changed since then i think.

You should buy it, that's a great deal.

Thanks for the replies, guys. My boss actually got a Vita 2000 today and I prefer the form factor for sure. Still not sure about the screen but it feels more comfortable (Vita-1000 is still great to use, though).....not sure what my decision will come down too haha I'm a really indecisive person!

Thanks for the replies, guys. My boss actually got a Vita 2000 today and I prefer the form factor for sure. Still not sure about the screen but it feels more comfortable (Vita-1000 is still great to use, though).....not sure what my decision will come down too haha I'm a really indecisive person!

Maybe because I got big hands holding the vita-1000 doesn't bother me for some reason.

Maybe because I got big hands holding the vita-1000 doesn't bother me for some reason.

Doesn't really bother me either, truth be told. I thought it was the ultimate in form factor, but the 2000 has changed my mind. It actually improves it somewhat. Going to Japan in December so I'll pick one up then if I decide to make the jump I think.

charpunk

Finally decided to replace my 1000 after seeing the 2000 in person. Just placed an order for a white/green one. So excited!

Jomjom

Banned
I've tried searching all over the internet for tempered glass recommendations for the Vita-1000, but I can't find anything.

I know people get the HTC One M7 tempered glass for the 2K model, but what about the Vita 1K?

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I've tried searching all over the internet for tempered glass recommendations for the Vita-1000, but I can't find anything.

I know people get the HTC One M7 tempered glass for the 2K model, but what about the Vita 1K?

Screen is the same size. Would there be an issue?

Shouldn't be an issue, it doesn't touch the edges of the 2K front piece or anything. It literally covers the screen and a few mm either side.

Leynos

I just received mine from Amazon for my 2000. I'll let you know how it goes when I put it on later tonight.

Edit: Okay, I put the tempered glass screen protector on, and it was a snap. It did have a rather large air bubble, but I was able to work it out. The protector fits just about perfectly vertically, and extends just a few millimeters on each side horizontally. It is very clear, and I can't see any difference in visual quality. The touch functionality seems to also be unaffected. Overall, I'm very satisfied.

sorry for the bump

i wanted to buy a screen protector for this slim model, but he has only the one of model 1000 , and he said it wouldn't fit
but i recall they were the same screen size, an i correct or maybe he was afraid of selling something not designed for it?

sorry for the bump

i wanted to buy a screen protector for this slim model, but he has only the one of model 1000 , and he said it wouldn't fit
but i recall they were the same screen size, an i correct or maybe he was afraid of selling something not designed for it?

The 1000 is glass all over the face of the Vita. The 2000 is not. Therefore the screen protectors tend to be quite different. Check amazon, would be my recommendation.

Cloudy

Banned
I have the thin suede jacket available here, and it is great. It is very thin, fits in my back pocket no problem, and you can get the option to have a mesh pocket put on one side.

I probably shouldn't have used the word "sleeve". I want something I can put over the vita while playing. I don't want any scuffs lol

melman101

Hey guys. Bad news, after owning my vita slim since launch, it fell between my couch today and my right thumb stick got scratched up. Anyone have any suggestions? Maybe I can get a silicon cover of something? My screen got scratched too but I got a screen protector and the scratches are real light not visible at all.

Thankfully my OLED vita is in perfect condition :)

Yaari

After having my 2000 for a couple of weeks, I am firmly a believer.

There is no way, that I could have comfortably enjoyed BL 2 yesterday for hours straight (without pain and discomfort), if I were still using my OLED.

Bless the Lime x White 2000.

It's new form factor makes Vita usage an easy choice. Before, I'd leave my Vita behind or on the dock, often favoring 3DS. Just looking at the 1000 (before owning a 2000), when I wanted to play it made me just shrug and say 'nope'. The wrist pain after using it was intense and even after that subsided, I never wanted to play it from fear it'd recur.

Now, the 2000 is just easy to use and hold. It makes all the difference in the world.

I was reading this topic, but how exactly has the Vita changed in that it is more comfortable in use?

I have the og version right now but I'd hate to use it without the grips I have on it. And these other improvements also sound really interesting. I don't find the original version very comfortable to hold at all.

Hopefully I can get some hands-on time soon because the entire PCH-2000 model has pretty much slipped past me until I saw this topic. I've not used the Vita much since I got my PS4 so am catching up now.

Edit: These 6 colors, are they all exclusive to Japan or something? I'd like a White Vita but I can only find Black here n Europe.

Yaari

Went to a big store hoping to find a display model, they did not even have one out. Bleh. No wonder this shit doesn't sell.

Anyone with rather big hands, does the 2000 model feel more pleasant while holding? Not sure how else to phrase the question.

Vita Gaf.

I came across either getting a white/blue Vita or a black/red vita for cheap. difference is about 60 bucks (more expensive one is the red and black).

Which one should I grab?

PepperedHam

Just picked one of these up a few days ago and have been really impressed. Playing through P4G for the first time ever and it's rocking my world.

Of course with new hardware comes my most stressful days, obsessing over every little smudge or possible scratch on the surface of this thing. I thought those days were behind me when I gave up on pampering my 3DS after every 10 minutes but alas, here I am again lol. Instead of doing what I'm supposed to be doing with it (playing it) I'm spending more time stressing about the possibility of getting a tiny scratch or smudge on it. I have a screen protector coming in the mail this week but if I fuck it up I'm just gonna leave it bare (I strictly play in my room). With my 3DS I would mess up and get a tiny speck of something and rip the screen protector off and order a new one. I did this about 5 times until I just said F it and played Donkey Kong.

Those of you without screen protectors how has yours come out on the other side since you've had it? I ask this of course in case I mess up the application of mine this weekend.

ecurbj

Just picked one of these up a few days ago and have been really impressed. Playing through P4G for the first time ever and it's rocking my world.

Of course with new hardware comes my most stressful days, obsessing over every little smudge or possible scratch on the surface of this thing. I thought those days were behind me when I gave up on pampering my 3DS after every 10 minutes but alas, here I am again lol. Instead of doing what I'm supposed to be doing with it (playing it) I'm spending more time stressing about the possibility of getting a tiny scratch or smudge on it. I have a screen protector coming in the mail this week but if I fuck it up I'm just gonna leave it bare (I strictly play in my room). With my 3DS I would mess up and get a tiny speck of something and rip the screen protector off and order a new one. I did this about 5 times until I just said F it and played Donkey Kong.

Those of you without screen protectors how has yours come out on the other side since you've had it? I ask this of course in case I mess up the application of mine this weekend.
LOL. You will go through those screen protectors. Getting one on the Vita is difficult as Hell. Just giving you a heads up. I eventually got a screen protector on my Vita 1000 finally after 10 tries. I just couldn't have any scratches on that OLED screen. I feel like it was worth it.

Toki767

My Vita 2000 should arrive tomorrow.

To transfer stuff over, is it as simple as just logging into my PSN account and popping in my memory card from my old Vita?

mktrOOp

Banned
Ok guys, I bought a PS Vita 2000 along with Wipeout 2048 and so far I'm gIad I bought this handheld. But why drops the brightness of the Vita down to 80% when I'm during a race in Wipeout?

And I read that japanese Vitas allows you to set the brightness to 100%? How stupid is this?!

Top Bottom