• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita PCH-2000 | Light and Slim. 6 Colors. No More OLED, Instead Cute Penguins

Amazon's a great option if you don't mind paying a bit extra.

That's what I did for my Black/Khaki 2000 & my 64GB Card about 1-2 months ago at this point.

Just got that Dock that's featured in the OP. It was a bit hard to find.
It kinda sucks, hard to place the Vita on it, I feel like I'm gonna break my port, and very easily can wobble while on it. Just more hassle than it's worth.

Question: Like most smart devices today, could I use a typical USB charger to charge up my Vita 2000? Been too chicken to try it.

SeanR1221

I (admittedly) don't play my vita that much (mostly remote play) but today I noticed ALL my games were unchecked for uploading to the cloud.

Why did this happen? It must have happened back during the summer.

Liquid_015

Gold Member
Edit: Beaten. Man, I'm not so sure which color to get. :/ Im worried that I will damage the rear touch pad since there aren't any back protectors made for the Vita 2000. :/

Amazon's a great option if you don't mind paying a bit extra.
Oh my gosh, I just checked, and it's only $25 extra - and it's AMAZON PRIME ELIGIBLE. Just ordered a light blue 2000 that'll be showing up at my apartment on Friday. And there's no tax! I am beyond thrilled. Thanks, you guys!

Jams775

Okay, I've had a BL2 Bundle Vita since it launched and I have a question for you guys. How do the analog sticks feel? Mine are a bit wiggly and have a bit of play to them while centered. Is that the same for all of the slim models?

I know everyone likes the analog sticks, but I actually liked the one on the PSP Go (or having none at all). I know, I'm a werido, but they suck to use on the Vita and my hands are always uncomfortable when using them.

batrush

How do the analog sticks feel? Mine are a bit wiggly and have a bit of play to them while centered. Is that the same for all of the slim models?
Yeah, they're loose by design. I'm not a big fan of them either.

Edit: Beaten. Man, I'm not so sure which color to get. :/ Im worried that I will damage the rear touch pad since there aren't any back protectors made for the Vita 2000. :/
Go for Lime Green. Don't worry too much about the rear touch pad. For protection I just rest mine on some cloth when it's not in use. Not a scratch/scuff.

romulus91

. For protection I just rest mine on some cloth when it's not in use. Not a scratch/scuff.

I actually got the new white 2000 model yesterday along with a skinomi skin ..... it covers everything :) although it is a little tricky to put on, it really is the best protector i have ever used - no bubbles, no marks, no areas not protected :p

also the screen on this thing is imo better than my OLED vita.... it just looks much crisper and brighter (and i was a massive OLED fan). My original now looks like its unnaturally vibrant - like the contrast is all wrong.

i say big improvement :)

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Hey guys,

Looking to import a Vita 2000 using superufo! How's the service? Is it reliable? Is Fedex the most secure option? And is there import tax/custom fees?

Not sure about fees but SuperUFO were really fast for me when I ordered my launch JPN Vita. Would recommend.

romulus91

Not sure about fees but SuperUFO were really fast for me when I ordered my launch JPN Vita. Would recommend.

sorry for double post but i went with superUFO.... chose UPS and split it with a friend ..... came in in two days (to australia) and payment was accepted late 2 days prior ..... very happy

Liquid_015

Gold Member
I actually got the new white 2000 model yesterday along with a skinomi skin ..... it covers everything :) although it is a little tricky to put on, it really is the best protector i have ever used - no bubbles, no marks, no areas not protected :p

also the screen on this thing is imo better than my OLED vita.... it just looks much crisper and brighter (and i was a massive OLED fan). My original now looks like its unnaturally vibrant - like the contrast is all wrong.

i say big improvement :)

Hey Rom,

Do you have pics of the device with the protectors on? How is the back protected? Is it a square piece that covers just the rear touch pad?

Kuro

I really can't decide on what color 2000 to replace my white 1000. The Khaki/Black and Lime/White look really tempting.

romulus91

Hey Rom,

Do you have pics of the device with the protectors on? How is the back protected? Is it a square piece that covers just the rear touch pad?

sure thing...

i dont even know if you can tell there is a protector on it but its everywhere, even on the flaps, triggers and oval indents on the back. The small bubbles/streaks come out over a couple of days (its some water tech thing). Seriously though if your even as half anal about it as me, best thing you will buy haha

http://romulus91.imgur.com/all/

Liquid_015

Gold Member
sure thing...

i dont even know if you can tell there is a protector on it but its everywhere, even on the flaps, triggers and oval indents on the back. The small bubbles/streaks come out over a couple of days (its some water tech thing). Seriously though if your even as half anal about it as me, best thing you will buy haha

http://romulus91.imgur.com/all/

Can't access link, I don't think its for public view... Thanks for the pics!

Liquid_015

Gold Member
yeah i didnt know it was but it is so much easier to install and play around with to get it perfect... im a convert .. but your right it was the only one with a back protector

:) Great, I'll get this off amazon once I get my 2000. lol, time to fail horribly with the wet install haha. Speaking of, Rom did you pay customs for your Vita when you ordered it from SuperUFO? (i'm assuming you're in California or US)

romulus91

:) Great, I'll get this off amazon once I get my 2000. lol, time to fail horribly with the wet install haha. Speaking of, Rom did you pay customs for your Vita when you ordered it from SuperUFO? (i'm assuming you're in California or US)

im from Australia so i dont think we have import tax per se but it could have been included .. but UPS was expensive and super ufo charges a percentage depending on how you pay ... i think paypal was +13 % or something.... just checkout with it and it will come up with the charges

romulus91 did you do a video tutorial?

If not take it off and show us lol

haha ok... if i can give some tips

1) dont be afraid to spray a good amount of water on the adhesive side, it helps it wiggle around to get it how you want it ... bubbles will come out fairly easy anyway

2) the sides of the back part are the hardest... it may seem impossible but just keep trying to flatten the sides and eventually it just falls in place as it starts to dry (try a molding type action) - the rest is easy

3) if a part is not right, take it off, spray water and try again (solution is included)

im telling you, my vita has not one streak, bubble or piece of dust... i cant even tell the thing is on it.... and im just average at this stuff

Liquid_015

Gold Member
im from Australia so i dont think we have import tax per se but it could have been included .. but UPS was expensive and super ufo charges a percentage depending on how you pay ... i think paypal was +13 % or something.... just checkout with it and it will come up with the charges

haha ok... if i can give some tips

1) dont be afraid to spray a good amount of water on the adhesive side, it helps it wiggle around to get it how you want it ... bubbles will come out fairly easy anyway

2) the sides of the back part are the hardest... it may seem impossible but just keep trying to flatten the sides and eventually it just falls in place as it starts to dry (try a molding type action) - the rest is easy

3) if a part is not right, take it off, spray water and try again (solution is included)

im telling you, my vita has not one streak, bubble or piece of dust... i cant even tell the thing is on it.... and im just average at this stuff

Ah I forgot to ask:

For the back piece is the cutout made just for the rear touchpad and the two circular grips, or does the entire thing wrap around the entire back of the ps vita? If that makes sense.

Galdelico

I saw a bunch of Vita 2000 (the box said 2004) bundles sold at 169 euros in Saturn, yesterday. There were God of War bundles, Fifa 15, a sports/platformers mix and a Moto GP pack too.
Other than the different games - which I believe being all PSN codes - the consoles were exclusively all black, reason why I didn't bite. I can't believe we still don't have alternate colours here in EU. I can't help to look at the black Vita 2000 and find it too similar to the PSP Street, in terms of feel.

Oh, and since we were talking about screen protectors, there is another strange thing... With the slim Vita around since quite a long time, now, shops keep restocking OG Vita protectors. But... Would they even stick over the more rounded surface of the newer model?

romulus91

Ah I forgot to ask:

For the back piece is the cutout made just for the rear touchpad and the two circular grips, or does the entire thing wrap around the entire back of the ps vita? If that makes sense.

they are applied separately but there is not an inch of the back that is exposed ... it covers the matte part of the back if thats what your asking. But that part does not need to be applied if you want

Fusebox

Banned
Might as well throw in a mention for the classiest handheld case ever made:

The City Slicker case from Waterfield design (leather flap available in multiple colors)

Not cheap ($49), but much nicer than your standard pouch.

http://www.sfbags.com/collections/s...s/sony-ps-vita-cityslicker-case#product-tabs2

I've been using one of these with my 1000 since launch and it's still in the exact same condition as when I bought it. Looks good and it's durable as hell too. Best case by a mile.

Fusebox

Banned
Figured I'd post this here. I think I have everything covered that I care for, but can does anyone have any games they'd recommend me? This is what I have:

4D40DEC6-4858-431C-B379-F8D0A8BE217C_zpsrwnzn2ve.jpg

I'm not a huge Luminous fan so no interest in that, I have Demon Gaze which is on loan for the day, and I also have Little Deviants but lol Little Deviants. Thanks to anyone who can recommend some stuff!

NA/EU releases only please (English language games essentially).

This photo makes me regret going all digital just a little bit. That's a terrific collection.

Lexxism

Oh cool, thanks! Have you ordered from them before?

Yup and I'm one of many GAF members who bought from them. Cheap compared to other stores online. You can also try nippon-yasan.com. I read that Europeans won't get hit any customs if they use this shipping option but you need to pay VAT. http://www.nippon-yasan.com/lang-en/content/34-Transi-logistic?force=1

Try asking them for more information.

edit: I just noticed. PSV-2000 at superufo is now 168 USD. I got mine for 186 USD last May

Sarcasm

Thanks :) I really want the White and Pink Vita... but the import fees on it would be horrendous.

This the light pink one? I am about to order it from nippon but I live in Taiwan so I dunno how that will compare. Pa is expensive for me even with free shipping in Taiwan.

This the light pink one? I am about to order it from nippon but I live in Taiwan so I dunno how that will compare. Pa is expensive for me even with free shipping in Taiwan.
Yep. The Light pink one :p is it on SuperUFO?
a lot in this thread have.... i can recommend it :) cheaper than everywhere else i tried
Yup and I'm one of many GAF members who bought from them. Cheap compared to other stores online. You can also try nippon-yasan.com. I read that Europeans won't get hit any customs if they use this shipping option but you need to pay VAT. http://www.nippon-yasan.com/lang-en/content/34-Transi-logistic?force=1

Try asking them for more information.

edit: I just noticed. PSV-2000 at superufo is now 168 USD. I got mine for 186 USD last May

Thanks! :D

Sarcasm

I haven't seen it in super but this may because the light pink comes out on the 13th. Nippon allows you to pre-order though.

Is there a way to find out if I will get import fee or something from Japan to Taiwan? Play Asia I believe ships from Hong Kong and there was none.

So I got the Hori face cover for the ps vita 2000, and after 3 of them (first 2 were defective right out the box), this is pretty solid. It provides cool protection and covers the screen when done playing if you do not have a case of some sort.

So, when browsing my Download List on my Vita, is there any way to filter the list to only show stuff that's actually playable on the Vita?

Leynos

So, when browsing my Download List on my Vita, is there any way to filter the list to only show stuff that's actually playable on the Vita?

None that I've seen. It certainly would make navigating that damn list much easier if we could sort it.

I bought a Vita Slim recently, and bought this suede jacket from sfbags.com:
Waterfield_Vita_Suede_jacket.jpg

I was kind of upset at first as was really tight getting the Vita into, and out of the thing, but it seems to have stretched out a bit, and is much more manageable now. I bought it with the pocket option like depicted above, but it does not look like the pic as mine did not come with mesh, but a solid piece of fabric instead. I think that I prefer it this way as fewer holes will (hopefully) mean that it won't snag as much.

Anyone have any luck with getting a tempered glass screen protector for this lovely handheld?

None that I've seen. It certainly would make navigating that damn list much easier if we could sort it.
Indeed. It'd be nice if it also noted what was already installed on the system.

So, how do I get Cross Save to work? For example, I've got PJ Shooter Ultimate on my PS4, which I've played a fair bit. Now I've got it on the Vita too, but I can't figure out how to transfer my save from the PS4. I assumed it would automatically sync, or I'd be able to download it to the Vita manually from the PS4's cloud save — which I've verified to exist — but neither of those things seem to work.

So how do I keep my progress up to date across the two platforms? My Vita has no 3G, so it's not guaranteed a connection. How do I ensure it's up to date before I leave the house or whatever?

Edit: Oh, and is there a good list of games that support Cross Save and Cross Play?

Leynos

I guess that it is also dependent on the game? With Dragon's Crown, one can upload/download a save directly from the main menu, so long as you are connected via wi-fi, or, I assume, 3G.

Top Bottom