• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita western launch thread, p. 2 | Simply the most desirable handheld yet released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I've barely touched my PS3 since I got my Vita :-O, I'm not sure why either :-/, I think maybe when I turn on my PS3 I feel I have to commit, I don't really get that feeling with the Vita, it's like a portable PS3 that I can just pick up and play at my leisure, turning on the PS3 involves me turning the system on, then the TV, then the amp, positioning yourself into your 'gamer pose', it's kind of a ritualistic process to commit yourself and time to a video game, I'm not always prepared to put myself in the mindset.

Yeah, I'm experiencing the same thing. I love that I can play it on-and-off as I surf the web, cook dinner or whatever. If I didn't use it to watch movies, I could probably go months without booting up my PS3. It's a nice system but it's hard to spend time with it over the Vita.

On a similar note, I used a dualshock for the first time since I got my Vita and the analog sticks really threw me off. They felt so huge.

Oni Jazar

Ridge Racer demo is pure shit... U cant even race O_O!!

Ridge Racer 2011 E3 Interactive Demo
First shown at E3 2011, the RIDGE RACER interactive demo allows you to alter the visuals and music of the RIDGE RACER universe in real-time through buttons and touch controls.

Dear god I was wondering why it was only 70Mb.

hitmon

Played Hot Shots a little bit and I'm liking it so far. I'm only a couple hours in so I haven't hit that wall difficulty I've heard so much about.

Am I missing something with the PSP game downloads (US store)? I see that Ratchet and Clank is listed in the OP as compatible but I don't see it on PSN.

Also, has anyone tried the Indiana Jones game on Vita? Regardless of how good or bad it is, big Indy fan, would be willing to spend 9.99 if it worked.

Massa

Am I missing something with the PSP game downloads (US store)? I see that Ratchet and Clank is listed in the OP as compatible but I don't see it on PSN.

Some games are not on the store but can be downloaded from your Download list; others only work if you transfer from a PS3.

It's kind of a mess right now.

I should have been more specific, sorry, I meant that I was looking in the PSP section via the PS3 version of the store. That's how I got Locoroco Midnight Carnival loaded up. Just didn't see Ratchet. Unless it's no longer on the store and you can only get it if you previously downloaded it?

Tendo

How are the God of War psp games? How do they look on Vita? I'm also considering 3rd birthday, but I can't seem to get a good grasp on how it plays.

Corto

And what I feared finally happened. Traded in my Ridge Racer copy that came bundled with my Vita for Fifa Vita... I'm hooked. I won't play anything else for a while now. I will try Journey tomorrow while the Vita is charging.

will Sony ever have Vita sales for + members? I got $50 in PSN space bucks and I would like some full title Vita games but these prices are just ridiculous

TheFatOne

Is there a list of PSN games that can be played on the Vita? I am going to get a Vita soon, and I'm not sure if I should get the 8GB or 16GB card. It depends on how many PSN games I am going to buy.

Yuripaw

Banned
how do you delete trophy data from a previously owned Vita game? I just got a used copy of Shinobido, but I don't know how to delete the previous owner save data.

ss_lemonade

That's not it, you just probably didn't notice that Motorstorm supports the back touch there.

But yeah, I had noticed a few times that you don't have to actually touch the screen. There are some interesting advantages / effects. You can still touch with light gloves (as we've seen this weird guy do on vids, but you can't do that with the iPhone for instance), and when I wipe it clean with my sleeve for instance that still registers touch as well.

And of course screen protectors will never have a negative effect that way either.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQCZEhuU598

Out vita almost has the same capabilities lol!

cyborg009

Banned
I might buy it instead of Downpour. It's like a lose-lose situation.

haha true...

I posted that before gets me every time

Lol, no fucking way Silent Hill is coming this month. There aren't even any official screens out.
6928520899_86d564806c_z.jpg

6928520403_69ecbd00b9_z.jpg

only one video tho...

How are the God of War psp games? How do they look on Vita? I'm also considering 3rd birthday, but I can't seem to get a good grasp on how it plays.

The God of War games look and play great on the Vita - I loaded up Ghost of Sparta just for a look and played through the whole game it looked so good!

3Rd Birthday looks and plays beautifully too...

Eusis

WayForward is making it so I'm interested.
I think it looks pretty interesting really. Wait, is it online?
I'm thinking regardless of how "Silent Hill" it is it's probably going to be a pretty good game, and it's nice to get those sooner than later on the Vita. But yeah, online would make it a no brainer.

whitehawk

Banned
I don't have a list, but trust me - you're going to want at least 16 Gigs.
I'm using an 8gig card and it's doing alright so far. I figured 8 gigs is only $10 more than 4gb, but 16gb is an extra $30 on top of the 8gig card =/

I'll wait for prices to come down a bit. I saw a used 32gb card for $79 and it still seemed to expensive.

SRTtoZ

Just tried the HSG demo and liked it. I wish it was longer (only like 3 holes) but it really really makes me want a Tiger woods game :(

edit: zomg, not a junior anymore!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Just tried the HSG demo and liked it. I wish it was longer (only like 3 holes) but it really really makes me want a Tiger woods game :(

hsg is way better than tiger woods. doesn't have real courses or golfers, but just trust me and everyone else who has ever seriously played both

The gameplay in Hot Shots is deceptively deep and seemingly accurate. I think it trumps Tiger Woods, I've always thought that. If you can get past the cutesy characters, and I can see that being a turnoff for some, there's a hell of a golf game there.

SRTtoZ

The gameplay in Hot Shots is deceptively deep and seemingly accurate. I think it trumps Tiger Woods, I've always thought that. If you can get past the cutesy characters, and I can see that being a turnoff for some, there's a hell of a golf game there.

The cutsey thing is def a turnoff plus Ive played TW all my life so I'm used to it and like it. I always prefer the real life people to fake toons in my sports games.

Triz

Farsight announced today that The Pinball Arcade will be universal between the PS3 and Vita. Hope to see more publishers do this.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
The cutsey thing is def a turnoff plus Ive played TW all my life so I'm used to it and like it. I always prefer the real life people to fake toons in my sports games.

If you prefer realism why do you continue to play Tiger Woods?

It's like comparing The Show and Backyard Baseball or something.

frequency

That's the one, thanks. Why did it get moved there? It makes more sense to be under gaming.

A while back, it was decided that all OTs would be moved to community after one month.

Also, I can see the appeal of playing on real courses. Some of the HSG courses get to be really silly.

whitehawk

Banned
The Hot Shots Golf demo is disappointing. Sub-Res resolution didn't bother me in Uncharted, but it's extremely noticeable in this game. If they had of made it native res, 60fps and a bit of AA, it would have been awesome. It's visuals aren't even that demanding, I don't know why they couldn't have pulled it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom