• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita western launch thread, p. 2 | Simply the most desirable handheld yet released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlodril

Since i can't find a virtua tennis 4 ot (is there one?), i'll ask here. I just tried the online portion and my player feels very sluggish. Can't catch many balls or even serves. Any idea if its normal or my connection sucks or something?

My buddy has been raving about his Vita he picked up. I'm trying to play it safe with buying new consoles and devices this go around. But I'm starting to crack with the vita....... worth jumping in right away? or keep waiting?

frequency

My buddy has been raving about his Vita he picked up. I'm trying to play it safe with buying new consoles and devices this go around. But I'm starting to crack with the vita....... worth jumping in right away? or keep waiting?

Are you interested in any of the games? Are they worth $250 to you?
If not, then wait.

I like the experience of being part of a launch, but if it wasn't for that, I'd have waited myself.

It's a good console though and you probably won't be disappointed if you do buy it.

Double D

Anyone know if and when the US will get a white Vita? I've been trying to hold out, but it's getting pretty tempting especially for what these are going for on craigslist.

Your interest in the PSP library will probably make or break its worth for you.

Who knows. I bet most likely due to future special edition Vitas. PSP had special edition PSPs that was white.

There is literally no hope for people who wants the Orange Vitas though....I want an Orange one.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I felt like a dummy for spending $15 on Plants Vs. Zombies, but man, I forgot how addictive it is. I must have played it for like three hours straight after downloading it. It's overpriced relative to the other PvZ ports (which happen to be on every gaming platform ever made), but for the amount of fun and longevity you can get out of it, it's a fair price. It plays so well with touch screen controls, I think it's even better than playing it with a mouse. Now I want more touch screen-only games.

Number45

Anyone else get in on the PSAccess MotorstormRC giveaway on Twitter? They gave away a couple of hundred free copies of the game and early access to the DLC as well. ^_^

frequency

It's such a strange feeling reading about DW:Next.

Back in other Musou releases when I'm all like "these games are great!" Everyone else is like "MASH X".

And now that I'm like "eww this game is gross", everyone else is like "DW:Next seems so great!"

Grinchy

Banned
After canceling my preorders, you bastards have brainwashed me.
Should have mine in by next week.

When it gets there, you'll mess with it for a couple hours and post about how impressed you are and how much better it is than you were expecting to be. It has that effect.

UFRA

Someone here only got $11 credit on Amazon because it was the bundled, not for resale copy.

You didn't buy a retail copy of the game, right?

Just an update...

I just received notification from Amazon (US) that I got the full $16 credit for trading in the "Not for resale" bundle version of Little Deviants.

Success!

It's such a strange feeling reading about DW:Next.

Back in other Musou releases when I'm all like "these games are great!" Everyone else is like "MASH X".

And now that I'm like "eww this game is gross", everyone else is like "DW:Next seems so great!"

Totally. Warriors Orochi 1-2 are the only Vita-compatible Musou games that retain what I liked about the PS2 Musou games. We need a proper Samurai Warriors on this piece, sans swipe/touch.

Number45

Yup, I got the game. Free PS3 plat. Hope I get the DLC too.
They said if you didn't get the code DM'd to you by 21:00 (which was 45 minutes ago here) then you're out of luck. No joy for me on the DLC either, but I got the game free so I'm more than happy to buy the DLC when I'm done with the core game.

I adore my vita but one thing that really bothers me is no use of the physical buttons for screen switching and binding commands to the buttons for the web browser, so many missed opportunities that hopefully will come as options later...

L/R triggers for forward/ back, X for refresh? D-pad for moving up and down home screens damn c'mon now :).

eggybob

Unconfirmed Member
Is this the thread where we beg for more PSN Friends?

I need some people to have on my leaderboards for motorstorm RC. My psn id is antstagg.

Grinchy

Banned
lol i just saw this picture on /vg/

*edit - nvm, it seems it's a scan from some shitty magazine, so to be safe I'll delete it

Shadow780

That looks kinda awkard tbh. Hope the impressions are good though, because I ended up cancelling my order on another grip after seeing more negative reviews. I don't need the grip for games where I use the dpad, but I think it'll make using the analogs a bit more comfortable for me. Right now it doesn't feel quite ideal if I play laying down while using the analogs.

The main reason for me is the battery extension, and as long as there's something I can grip on in my palm it's okay.

lol i just saw this picture on /vg/

2LmNxl.jpg

Does it click in? hahhahaha

I was wondering why it seemed like my screen was fritzing in Motorstorm RC's menus.

That's not it, you just probably didn't notice that Motorstorm supports the back touch there.

But yeah, I had noticed a few times that you don't have to actually touch the screen. There are some interesting advantages / effects. You can still touch with light gloves (as we've seen this weird guy do on vids, but you can't do that with the iPhone for instance), and when I wipe it clean with my sleeve for instance that still registers touch as well.

And of course screen protectors will never have a negative effect that way either.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
I've barely touched my PS3 since I got my Vita :-O, I'm not sure why either :-/, I think maybe when I turn on my PS3 I feel I have to commit, I don't really get that feeling with the Vita, it's like a portable PS3 that I can just pick up and play at my leisure, turning on the PS3 involves me turning the system on, then the TV, then the amp, positioning yourself into your 'gamer pose', it's kind of a ritualistic process to commit yourself and time to a video game, I'm not always prepared to put myself in the mindset.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I've barely touched my PS3 since I got my Vita :-O, I'm not sure why either :-/, I think maybe when I turn on my PS3 I feel I have to commit, I don't really get that feeling with the Vita, it's like a portable PS3 that I can just pick up and play at my leisure, turning on the PS3 involves you turning the system on, then the TV, then the amp, positioning yourself into your 'gamer pose', it's kind of a ritualistic process to commit yourself and time to a video game, I'm not always prepared to put myself in the mindset.
Same here but there is hope as I just got Tales of Graces today and it is very enjoyable thus far.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I've barely touched my PS3 since I got my Vita :-O, I'm not sure why either :-/, I think maybe when I turn on my PS3 I feel I have to commit, I don't really get that feeling with the Vita, it's like a portable PS3 that I can just pick up and play at my leisure, turning on the PS3 involves me turning the system on, then the TV, then the amp, positioning yourself into your 'gamer pose', it's kind of a ritualistic process to commit yourself and time to a video game, I'm not always prepared to put myself in the mindset.
Same here, but I can't wait to do just that and play Journey tonight :)

Grinchy

Banned
I know, I got Infamous FOB for free the other day and I haven't turned my PS3 on since. Hell, I'm barely even using my TV ever since I got this Vita.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Same here but there is hope as I just got Tales of Graces today and it is very enjoyable thus far.

You know it's odd but I've never really thought of how the simple act of switching devices on and waiting for stuff to boot up and load has quite a dramatic effect on my gaming habits, I'm getting to a stage now were I think I just want access to my entertainment instantly, if I have to switch things on and wait I'm put off, hopefully in the future when we all have 'always on' low powered solid state hardware and touch screen super oled wallpaper in our homes things will be different, outside of mobile devices the current state of hardware feels very archaic to me, or at least the form and functionality of it, separate boxes taking up space in my room with tons of wires that require switching on and off depending on my entertainment needs, I'm tired of that.

Grinchy

Banned
I got a new Gaming PC a week before my FEB came and I am on my Vita more as well.

Now that's saying a lot. PC gaming is pretty damn sweet. Yet, I have to admit that I'm not doing any of that lately, either. That $60 digital Kingdoms of Amalur purchase is making me weep.

Now that's saying a lot. PC gaming is pretty damn sweet. Yet, I have to admit that I'm not doing any of that lately, either. That $60 digital Kingdoms of Amalur purchase is making me weep.

I know I can't justify that much for KOA but I happily paid full retail (pre-order) on Uncharted: GA. I tell myself it was a backlog conscious choice.

amrod

Ridge Racer demo is pure shit... U cant even race O_O!!

Ridge Racer 2011 E3 Interactive Demo
First shown at E3 2011, the RIDGE RACER interactive demo allows you to alter the visuals and music of the RIDGE RACER universe in real-time through buttons and touch controls.

Ridge Racer demo is pure shit... U cant even race O_O!!

Ridge Racer 2011 E3 Interactive Demo
First shown at E3 2011, the RIDGE RACER interactive demo allows you to alter the visuals and music of the RIDGE RACER universe in real-time through buttons and touch controls.

If you could race it'll be 1/4th of the game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom