• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

1395132_601199119935904_222230138_n.jpg

anyone going to pick up this issue?

Welp, I'm going to have to work some serious angles this week but I should be able to get my Ps4 in the mail on Friday.

I have to say when I finally looked over the total launch line-up I was a bit disappointed.

Knack
KZ? (I wasn't a big fan of 2 and actively hated 3 but it certainly looks nice)
NFS Rivals? (I want a racing game but I was hoping for DriveClub)
BF4? (fuck CoD but I feel like I never do anything interesting in BF games, just die)
AC4? (fuck what's they've done to this series but I feel like I may get suckered in again)

Then pretty much anything for download on the store (ResoGun and ???)

I may at least check out some of the free to play game.
I think there is some good content here but I don't know how much of it I want

I'm basically out of work so I need to get some side action finished to get paid. The BB card is empty so I'll put games and accessories on that.

Plus, you can factor in pinball league, The KongOff, and my girlfriend taking up time weekend. It would be nice to have this all in a row before then

TargetDummy81

Neo Member
Got my PS4 preordered and waiting at the local Gamestop here in Arkansas. Gave me a call yesterday asking if I was going to attend the midnight opening but passed on it since I knew I would just end up coming back home and passing out anyway.

Mentioned they were going to open early at 8 am the morning of the 15th so just show up there then.

Already have Killzone picked up along with a spare DS4 and will probably be picking up AC4. Use Gamefly so will be trying out Battlefield 4 through them.

Anyway looking forward to what news will be coming out of the press events this coming week.

Ark

https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1395132_601199119935904_222230138_n.jpg[IMG]

anyone going to pick up this issue?[/QUOTE]

They're going to say the XB1 just because of the outrage when they said the PS4 was your next console.

jester

Neo Member
I mentioned this before, but is anyone else upset over the lack of Ridge Racer? I really wanted a proper Ridge Racer sequel. It doesn't feel like a Playstation launch without it.

I hate this; another generation passes and I had to back out of being a launch day owner. Just not really viable for me right now. Just cancelled my Amazon order and I felt empty. Especially after seeing they're doing a B2G1.

But it's not the end of the world, and I'll be jumping in ASAP. Enjoy everyone!

dorkimoe

the amount of people who do not know you need ps+ for multiplayer games is going to cause a huge uproar...

Reading all these comments on Francis's videos about how ps4 is the choice because of free online. Really sad..
(no im not starting an argument, just noticed this)

That unboxing video...damn that system is small. Cant wait until friday! Got 3 games on there way too

careksims

Oh man! Thanks to a friend and that Amazon deal. My games for this launch:

Killzone Shadow Fall, Knack, NBA2k14, Marvel Lego, and Assassin's Creed 4. Not to mention the stuff on PSN.

I'll be pretty busy for the holidays!

Friday! Friday! Friday!

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
So happy to see Amazon doing the buy 2 get 1.

NBA2k14
Killzone SF (Will sell this)
Knack

Why isn't NFS Rivals on the promo list?

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
I don't have any retail games ordered, thinking of going digital only at launch. Are most of the launch games going to be on PSN this Friday? Mostly interested in Knack, Killzone and NFS: Rivals.

viveks86

I don't have any retail games ordered, thinking of going digital only at launch. Are most of the launch games going to be on PSN this Friday? Mostly interested in Knack, Killzone and NFS: Rivals.

Yes. But i'd highly recommend getting retail copies at launch. Who knows what the traffic and connectivity is gonna be like

AdamMPSP

Hey guys. Tell me about the camera. Should I get one? What can I do with it? Can I use it in my PS4 twitch streaming? I can't find anything online about this.

Hey guys. Tell me about the camera. Should I get one? What can I do with it? Can I use it in my PS4 twitch streaming? I can't find anything online about this.

You can use it for voice commands: "Playstation, go to Store." I think it will also work with facial recognition and logging in. (Not 100% sure) you can also use its mic for voice chat and presumably recording voice when streaming. Unsure about video recording when streaming. And the DS4's/Move's light can be tracked with the camera.

viveks86

Yes you can use it with twitch streaming, auto login, basic voice commands etc. Twitch streaming would look something like this

iBW6cSI20T1li.gif

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Ordering straight from sony has never failed me. Ps4 on its way should be at my door step on Friday.

Picking up nba 2k14, kill zone and knack...maybe

Already own bf4 PC :)

Yes you can use it with twitch streaming, auto login, basic voice commands etc. Twitch streaming would look something like this

iBW6cSI20T1li.gif

it would be great that with the Playstation app when downloaded it shows the comments. because in there you can't see streamer's comment?

Top Bottom