• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

AdamMPSP

Man, the fact that you can use the camera for streaming makes it a buy for me. Why aren't they really showing this off? Why can't I find that info in more places? Is it just my personal blindspot?

nib95

Banned
bit late but
ibzolh4uJNF6AL.gif

Incredible work.

AdamMPSP

LOL. Why would you enable facial recognition if you had an evil twin? That's like writing your password on your forehead! ;)

I mean, honestly, if we're being totally honest, it's the people who don't know they have an evil twin who are always in the most danger, especially at new console launches.

viveks86

it would be great that with the Playstation app when downloaded it shows the comments. because in there you can't see streamer's comment?

I'm guessing the empty space on the right is for that? I also see other comments rolling at the bottom.

I mean, honestly, if we're being totally honest, it's the people who don't know they have an evil twin who are always in the most danger, especially at new console launches.

Exactly! Who cares if our wives and kids are taken away by our evil twins. Our consoles are most vulnerable.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Got some hot fresh Gamestop numbers from my cousin- ~200 PS4 preorders and ~100 XB1 preorders from my store in Texas. Gonna get there right at 6pm to finalize my order on Thursday. Woo!

I'm now going to have Killzone and Battlefield 4 at launch thanks to Amazon. I'm a plus member so that means Resogun and Contrast for me as well. That 10 dollar PSN credit will be spent on Octodad.

I'm going to be swimming in games.

I don't know if the OP wants to add them, but below are the known hard drive space requirements for several titles.

FIFA 14 - 10.4 GB
NBA2K14 - 50GB
Knack - 37GB
KIllzone - 45GB
Call of Duty - 49GB
Battlefield 4 - 40GB

imagesqem5.jpg

imageumdtg.jpg

imagewhc10.jpg

imagexqc14.jpg

image6ydfq.jpg

imagee0is3.jpg

Any idea on when Amazon will get more units (non-launch day versions) in stock? My friend is on the reservation list for one on Play-Asia but hasn't heard anything so far. My friend could switch to Amazon if it turns out Play-Asia is too slow.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Adam Boyes ‏@amboyes 1m
I hear we've got a new video posting in the next few minutes. Keep your eyes peeled!

UI please

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Man, i'm feeling as giddy as I felt before the Wii U came out, and we all know how that went. Joking, I still kind of love it.

Hoping Amazon can keep up when tuesday comes, I will be working but this will be priority to get this order through.

I guess I haven't been paying attention. That's the headset? I'll just buy a real one so it doesn't personally bother me but seems like a huge area of opportunity for Sony. Hopefully it's somewhat decent.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Does the PS4 even support headsets at launch? How can I tell which ones are compatible? I should probably just check the FAQ.

VanWinkle

Does the PS4 even support headsets at launch? How can I tell which ones are compatible? I should probably just check the FAQ.

Use the one that comes with the system until USB support is patched in. I think they even said most USB headsets should work after the day one update but I would wait to make sure.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Will this headset fully work with the PS4 (both chat and game audio)? I'm guessing not.

I really don't want to buy a cheap third party headset or use the packed-in one.

I know it's a stupid question but I'm asking anyway; what is the likelihood that I can walk into a store on the 15th and purchase a PS4 without a preorder?

Jburton

Banned
Some of the threads appearing at the moment are daft, we he had two reaching posts the past few hours
....... one trying to allude to DRM coming (locked for the nonsense it was) and the "am I the only one thinking sony is hiding something about PS4" thread which thankfully the mods locked.

Lots of bullshit being dumped in gaming as of late.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Some of the threads appearing at the moment are daft, we he had two reaching posts the past few hours
....... one trying to allude to DRM coming (locked for the nonsense it was) and the "am I the only one thinking sony is hiding something about PS4" thread which thankfully the mods locked.

That thread raised legitimate concerns, and was totally worth talking about. I think it was shitty that it got locked. I didn't see the other one, but yeah, it sounds stupid.

Mods took care of business so all is well.

Top Bottom